Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2018, 21:59   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Forest Green game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
If he doesn't trust em, why did he sign em?
Good question. The name Edwards comes to Mind. What’s your explanation then ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2018, 23:11   #47

Quote:
If he doesn't trust em, why did he sign em?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Good question. The name Edwards comes to Mind. What’s your explanation then ?
I don't have one!
Only John Coleman can answer that question & I'm no mind reader.
It was you who suggested the reason JC is reluctant to use subs is because he doesn't trust them?
So Richards-Everton, Harvey Rodgers, Liam Nolan, Sousa, Zanzala etc. are untrustworthy?
Modern football has become a squad based game & the best managers are skilled at using subs to maximum effect.
On the rare occasion we make a substitution, it's usually because a player's received a crippling injury - or we're losing the match with only 2 minutes remaining.
I believe we've got real talent sitting unused on our bench.
Players who deserve more opportunity than they currently receive.
But then, I'm not a manager with a team sitting at the top of the table!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 00:11   #48
Senior Member+

There's a good ten minutes' worth of highlights on FGR's YouTube page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9h...KontGqMaakP-Fw
KiTChener likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 06:55   #49

Modern football might have become a squad based system but that doesn’t mean it’s the best way to achieve success. Where’s the evidence that rotating teams and making loads of subs pays off, and why?

I’m not arguing against this, by the way, just really curious.

There’s a lot of hocus pocus in sport.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 07:42   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
It’s not for me to create a solution I was just putting it out there.
What’s your take on why he doesn’t use them ?
My take is its a very poor way of doing things simple as. putting a player in a position that can make an injury worse,

Last edited by cashman; 20-03-2018 at 07:45.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 09:03   #51
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1210544]
Modern football has become a squad based game & the best managers are skilled at using subs to maximum effect.
On the rare occasion we make a substitution, it's usually because a player's received a crippling injury - or we're losing the match with only 2 minutes remaining.

if our management team have a problem its regarding substitutions. been made in the past and have not helped so we end up with them only happening as you state. we did not need to change the formation we used on saturday but a like for like substitution would have helped.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 12:31   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't have one!
Only John Coleman can answer that question & I'm no mind reader.
It was you who suggested the reason JC is reluctant to use subs is because he doesn't trust them?
So Richards-Everton, Harvey Rodgers, Liam Nolan, Sousa, Zanzala etc. are untrustworthy?
Players who deserve more opportunity than they currently receive.
But then, I'm not a manager with a team sitting at the top of the table!
I suggested nothing. I asked a question. That's why there's a question mark at the end of it.
I cannot give an answer the same as you. I'm not Coley. However whatever his reasoning - its working.
Old 20-03-2018, 13:36   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I suggested nothing. I asked a question. That's why there's a question mark at the end of it.
I cannot give an answer the same as you. I'm not Coley. However whatever his reasoning - its working.
It is working, but if it happens to be,to the detriment of a young player, then that happens to matter to me.
Old 20-03-2018, 14:45   #54
Senior Member+

Cashy,
I'm sure Kayden will have been asked how he felt before the game and will have been monitored closely in training.
Risk against reward.
Jordan was desperate to play not so long ago but the back room staff got him to sit the game out and it did him the world of good.
Maybe if we get well ahead in a game he'll change things but every game has been tight of late and the starting 11 are doing the business.
Old 20-03-2018, 15:24   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quite possibly, but surely when its so obvious then should have been told the same as Jordon?
Old 20-03-2018, 17:17   #56
Senior Member+

Goal scorers are gold dust especially at the business end of the season. Risk and reward - plus a nice break now.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 21:34   #57
God Member

My take on Jackson is that he, and the medical staff, will have been consulted and the consensus was that he was 95% fit. He was probably told to just be wary of it and only put the burners on if necessary. I cant remember too many times when he had opportunity to really go after them. A 70% fit Jackson is better than the options.

Regards substitutions, Coley was asked before christmas at an OASSC qna why he doesnt use them. His answer was along the lines of he doesnt change things unless he thinks it absolutely necessary. Sometimes we think that a change is necessary but he sees it differently and would rather allow a player, who isnt quite performing, to learn and rectify whats missing in his game.

Whilst I dont necessarily agree with the logic, i cant argue with the results. Coley has consistently over acheived with what is at his disposal. He IS able to polish a turd and it has been shown over and over again over the past 19 years. Players play for Coley because they are allowed to. We get the best out of them then they go elsewhere and usually fail

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..