Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2018, 15:59   #1
Senior Member+

Forest Green game

Half time 1-0 for Stanley and Luton Exeter Mansfield Notts County and Wycombe drawing, doesn't get much better.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2018, 16:24   #2
God Member

Re: Forest Green game

&^^&*^%#*(&*%)*&%*^%^$(&* . 1-1
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 16:41   #3
God Member

Yessssss
Old 17-03-2018, 16:51   #4
God Member

And 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this game.
yonmon and choirboy like this.
Old 17-03-2018, 16:54   #5
God Member

Thank you Newport. Oh what a wonderful day.
sherry likes this.
Old 17-03-2018, 16:55   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
And 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this game.

Made your day John !... KTF !
Kiwi John likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 17:01   #7
Senior Member+

Finals Luton, Notts, Mansfield all draw and Exeter loose, what a great set of results. Three points clear and a game in hand.
Kiwi John likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 17:18   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Finals Luton, Notts, Mansfield all draw and Exeter loose, what a great set of results. Three points clear and a game in hand.
Game in hand on second AND third sounds even better.We coulda come unstuck today i thought, too many balls played in the air with a ferocious wind, but 2 superb goals at the end stopped that.

Last edited by cashman; 17-03-2018 at 17:23.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 17:25   #9

I reckon 8 points from the last 9 games will do it now. The chasing pack seem to pose no threat at all.

Today Stanley looked uncertain of themselves until there was no option but to attack. Then it was magic stuff.

Clark would have been MOTM even without his wonder goal. Billy had a very good game. Chappers looked too hesitant. Was he at fault for their goal?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 17:40   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Johnson also had a good un as did Sean Mac, will have to watch the goal tonight fer them i couldn't see well for it.
Old 17-03-2018, 17:43   #11

3pts, top of the league, game in hand. 2313 on the ground today. Also winners hour.
Old 17-03-2018, 17:52   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
3pts, top of the league, game in hand. 2313 on the ground today. Also winners hour.
Also mostly Stanley fans, think forest green only brought about 150. 2200 home fans is incredible compared to our usual.
choirboy, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 18:07   #13

Thrilled with Clark's goal. He had made some good runs before that and was rightly man of the match. Felt we didn't look under threat from the greens after scoring early apart from there left winger skinning Johnson regularly. Second half the vegans scored when they had a good spell. But we showed the Accrington grit of this crop of 2018 to get the win. Agree with lord didsbury regards kee being at his best holding ball up and spreading play and regards Jordan Clark. As well as being thrilled with the 3 points, am pleased we delivered in front of a large crowd (admittedly it was proper cold) hopefully to entice some of them back in the future. I think 4 wins (12 points) from are 9 games will ensure promotion. I still think there could be choppy waters before promotion is sealed with our run in from here.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 18:15   #14
God Member

I know it sounds silly but I think we scored too early and with the added pressure of being the top of the league we allowed them to play but we defend well this season and I never thought we would lose and once Jorden scored the nerves settled and there was only 1 winner if there had been longer left I think we would have scored a hatfull it's about keeping our nerve now and a top 3 finish will be ours.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 19:25   #15
Senior Member+

The beer is really tasting Sooooooh good tonight!!!!!
Todays match
v Forest Green Rovers was a splendid match! Two teams trying hard to play expansive passing football in difficult cold and VERY WINDY conditions. Only 18 free kicks in the whole match and no yellow cards is testament to the desire of both teams to play proper football.
We got an early important goal and I am so pleased for young Callum Johnson to open his account with a goal. It was scored down at the far end so I could not see the detail of the goal but it meant that Rovers had to really attack us which then made for a super 'End to End' game.
After ten minutes of the second half they put us under a lot of pressure and dominated possession and their reward came with a goal from the always dangerous Ruben Reid. Stanley though were going for the win and three points, whereas I thought that Rovers were settling for the draw and a point.
Our boys continued their magnificent efforts, closing down their players and playing some slick football going forward. Jordan Clarke's goal was well deserved and up there with the two that MESSI scored for Barca the other night!....Yes it was indeed that good!
Captain Coneely won another header in midfield which sent the hard working Kayden Jackson through to superbly lob their advancing keeper for the third goal!
The whole STANLEY FRATERNITY, including our Norwegian visitors, were in heaven by this time and jumping up and down with delight.
All of the Stanley players were immense today but Clarke's goal gave him the edge in the MOTM award and rightly so.

Forest Green Rovers had been unbeaten for 6 matches following a change of manager and an influx of some new players and they were always going to provide tough opposition. They are a good footballing team and did not resort at all to any naughty stuff! I hope that they can continue their climb towards mid table.
Stanley though were just terrific....
Resolute in defence.......Always running and competing and....
Very slick and creative going forward....
'Twas a joy to watch!!!!!

A SPLENDID MATCH TODAY TO WATCH.....
A GREAT RESULT FOR THE STANLEY TEAM AND SUPPORTERS.....

A WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE ALL ROUND THE GROUND!!!!

ON STANLEY ON.......SCALING THE DIZZY HEIGHTS INDEEED!!!!!

Last edited by choirboy; 17-03-2018 at 19:31.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..