Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2020, 11:29   #1531

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
reckon everyone knows it aint the same. fans as well i follow aint much use nor is not being able to shout em on.
You're right of course Cashy........but I'm just left thinking video option on iFollow with all its problems is better than listening on the radio.......match coverage of Stanley on the Radio Lancs has always been poor, other local teams seemed always to get more matches than we did.......And the commentary with Dan and Sean provides some real insights into the club, manager and players.....also I can have a drink or two while watching the game.....
monkey hanger likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2020, 11:34   #1532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
You're right of course Cashy........but I'm just left thinking video option on iFollow with all its problems is better than listening on the radio.......match coverage of Stanley on the Radio Lancs has always been poor, other local teams seemed always to get more matches than we did.......And the commentary with Dan and Sean provides some real insights into the club, manager and players.....also I can have a drink or two while watching the game.....
Sorry......going off-topic here.....should be on another thread....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:15   #1533
God Member

Barrow sign Courtney Baker-Richardson if Dunny can keep him fit and on the pitch could have a great signing at that level their owner must still be pushing money in.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:27   #1534
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Supposed to be on John's shopping list along with an experienced striker but with what's happening in the country again with these Draconian lockdowns anything can happen, players and managers now openly saying without crowds it just isn't the same, Tuesday night on Stanley in that awful rain you could see players on both sides visibley waining probably thinking what are we doing this is were fans play their part geeing them up and we haven't reached the muddy grounds stage yet total farce behind closed doors.
So that would make 32 ..........
Smaller squad ?
That's clearly gone out of the window then.
Just dont get how we can have so many midfielders and leave the squad exposed re keeper.
What happened to the nailed on Chelsea lad ?
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:59   #1535
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Smaller squad ?
Just dont get how we can have so many midfielders and leave the squad exposed re keeper.
I have said before though how many are under 20 quite a few 5 of top of my head then 5 loannees that brings us down to 20 I think with players like Ogle, Mohammed, Scully with limited experience so not a lot of money being paid out there I won't think leaving hopefully some for a couple of "seasoned" players.
Old 08-10-2020, 13:50   #1536
Senior Member+

Do you think we get loanees free ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 13:55   #1537
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
No as i understand it we pay part of there wages and i have no idea about our negotiating power and i doubt if you or anyone knows?
Old 08-10-2020, 14:12   #1538
God Member

Quote:
Don't be silly but I don't profess to know but I would Hazard a guess that collectively we are contributing less for all 5 young loannees than we contributed to Baker-Richardson I'll fated loan spell last season as it was obvious Swansea and himself wanted a parting of the ways, like I said the brief glimpses we had of him you could tell he had something about him and Barrow have dipped their toe in the water and took a risk hope it works because I personally know Dunny quite well and think he's got a good one in.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:13   #1539
God Member

Quote:
Smaller squad ?
and out of that number how many could seriously be classed as first team starters or substitutes. take away the trophy games even last season how many actually never kicked a ball in anger for the first team. a fair few i imagine.
cashman, pifco and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 15:20   #1540
God Member

Coley said a few days ago that they have one eye on u23 squad and some of his signings are mainly for that, such as Felton and probably Scully
andyd likes this.
Old 10-10-2020, 16:55   #1541
Senior Member+

Billy Kee scoring for Coalville (at 5:15):

AccyMad, cashman, choirboy and 2 others like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 17:00   #1542
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good Lad Billy
Old 11-10-2020, 09:00   #1543
Full Member+

Erico Sousa joins Tadcaster Albion and ex youth team player josh molloy joins Runcorn linnets from lower breck
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 09:35   #1544
Senior Member+

Jamie Devitt has joined Newport on loan from Blackpool!
Old 16-10-2020, 10:52   #1545
Senior Member+

David Mannix joined the back room staff at Prestatyn Town!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..