Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2020, 08:19   #1561
Senior Member+

Re: Former Players!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...

James Beattie has been sacked as Assistant Manager of Sheffield Wednesday!
Old 10-11-2020, 16:17   #1562

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...

James Beattie has been sacked as Assistant Manager of Sheffield Wednesday!
I've always wondered why he left Stanley....... Anybody know?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:08   #1563
Full Member+

Nicky Hunt suffered quite a serious head injury yesterday playing for Darlington yesterday, fell unconscious after a challenge and had lengthy treatment before being taken to hospital. Game was abandoned.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:29   #1564
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Nicky Hunt suffered quite a serious head injury yesterday playing for Darlington yesterday, fell unconscious after a challenge and had lengthy treatment before being taken to hospital. Game was abandoned.
All the best Nicky lad great bloke always had time for a chat when at Stanley get well soon.
pifco, choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:27   #1565
Senior Member+

Hope he's soon fit and well.

Released from hospital now. Update from Darlington: https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/nicky-hunt-update
choirboy likes this.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:28   #1566
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
the incident happened near the end of the game and must have been bad as it was 11pm by the time they moved him to hospital. best of luck nicky.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:31   #1567
God Member

Cool Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Hope he's soon fit and well.

Released from hospital now. Update from Darlington: https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/nicky-hunt-update
Good news hope your back playing soon Nicky.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 18:03   #1568
Junior Member+

I noticed this on Page 1 of Wigan Athletic’s ‘Latics Speyk’ Forum ‘Some good news’ thread.

Peter Murphy’s Wigan Athletic Under-18 side formally crowned champions via Points Per Game, having been 15 points clear at the top before the season was suspended …… outstanding work again from all within the Academy. [7th August 2020]

A player who always gave unflinchingly 100%. As a right back his balls up field would often find the Jack Barrett stand, but when brought inside this flaw was corrected. My best memory was at York City. Stanley were losing one nil up to the very end when somehow he forced an incoming corner over the line. His celebration was worthy of winning the F A Cup, Champions League and World Cup.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
The Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 18:49   #1569
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if i remember right did injury finish his career early? was a decent defender. also i thought.
Old 19-11-2020, 19:48   #1570
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if i remember right did injury finish his career early? was a decent defender. also i thought.
It certainly did Cashy, poor lad had to retire about 3 years ago when he was only 27
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 20:34   #1571
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
I noticed this on Page 1 of Wigan Athletic’s ‘Latics Speyk’ Forum ‘Some good news’ thread.

Peter Murphy’s Wigan Athletic Under-18 side formally crowned champions via Points Per Game, having been 15 points clear at the top before the season was suspended …… outstanding work again from all within the Academy. [7th August 2020]

A player who always gave unflinchingly 100%. As a right back his balls up field would often find the Jack Barrett stand, but when brought inside this flaw was corrected. My best memory was at York City. Stanley were losing one nil up to the very end when somehow he forced an incoming corner over the line. His celebration was worthy of winning the F A Cup, Champions League and World Cup.

Yes it was a brilliant celebration.....Shirt off, sprinting to the corner flag across the front of the Stanley End whilst whirling his shirt round and round! Absolutely memorable!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 21:34   #1572
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post

Yes it was a brilliant celebration.....Shirt off, sprinting to the corner flag across the front of the Stanley End whilst whirling his shirt round and round! Absolutely memorable!
And sporting a black eye received from an over zealous York player earlier in the game
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2020, 08:13   #1573
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
true cashy. there have been far worse in stanley shirts even in my shortish time at the club.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 11:38   #1574
Senior Member+

For anyone who remembers Barry Shuttleworth...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...3HULwKesTS-RXs

https://www.facebook.com/BSsportstherapy/
Old 27-11-2020, 17:45   #1575
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
And sporting a black eye received from an over zealous York player earlier in the game
And winding up the York fans who had been on his back all afternoon !
He was loving it !.

Great lad !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..