Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2021, 18:39   #1801
God Member

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Former loanee Adam Phillips has signed for his previous loan club Morecambe on a season long loan
Some of their fans saying he's joined a big club
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2021, 19:27   #1802
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Some of their fans saying he's joined a big club
Yep & preening themselves cos they've been told both Coley & Fleetwood wanted him & they've beaten us to his signature - bless 'em
andyd likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2021, 17:59   #1803
God Member

Marcus Bettinelli has signed a 2 year deal at Chelsea, not sure he'll get much game time & he's so much better than becoming a bench warmer
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.
Old 29-07-2021, 09:17   #1804
God Member

Quote:
Marcus Bettinelli has signed a 2 year deal at Chelsea, not sure he'll get much game time & he's so much better than becoming a bench warmer
wonder where he will be in the pecking order. 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice. could be a good loanee for someone this season.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 16:59   #1805
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wonder where he will be in the pecking order. 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice. could be a good loanee for someone this season.
In the article I read it said he'd be third choice, replacing Willy Caballero
Old 29-07-2021, 19:18   #1806
God Member

Quote:
In the article I read it said he'd be third choice, replacing Willy Caballero
Is he in it for the money or bettering his career?
Old 30-07-2021, 08:47   #1807
God Member

Quote:
Is he in it for the money or bettering his career?
funny move for a lad his age. cannot see how it will better his career but will increase his bank balance. a couple of years as a 3rd choice people will forget he ever existed.
Old 30-07-2021, 10:04   #1808
Senior Member+

So what might motivate a player like him to choose to sign with Chelsea as the backup to the backup? As he tells the Chelsea official website in his first interview, it’s partly the challenge of competing against internationals, partly the opportunity to be a part of a big team playing for big trophies, and partly the potential benefits for his future career, be that at Chelsea or elsewhere.

“I’m excited to work with those two top-class goalkeepers and I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from them both. One of the biggest reasons for joining Chelsea is I’ve still got a lot to give. I’m only young in terms of a goalkeeper’s point of view so the fact I can learn from two keepers that have done so much in the game already even though they’re still quite young, really excites me. I know the coaching staff and the club has a pedigree of top goalkeepers so I can’t wait to be a part of that.”
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2021, 10:14   #1809
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
So what might motivate a player like him to choose to sign with Chelsea as the backup to the backup? As he tells the Chelsea official website in his first interview, it’s partly the challenge of competing against internationals, partly the opportunity to be a part of a big team playing for big trophies, and partly the potential benefits for his future career, be that at Chelsea or elsewhere.

“I’m excited to work with those two top-class goalkeepers and I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from them both. One of the biggest reasons for joining Chelsea is I’ve still got a lot to give. I’m only young in terms of a goalkeeper’s point of view so the fact I can learn from two keepers that have done so much in the game already even though they’re still quite young, really excites me. I know the coaching staff and the club has a pedigree of top goalkeepers so I can’t wait to be a part of that.”
Missed the pay rise out then good luck to lad was brilliant at Stanley just hope he gets game time sometime because he,s to good for warming a bench.
pifco, accytom18 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-07-2021, 10:17   #1810
God Member

Total appearances in 9 years at Fulham 120 averages out at 13 a season plus his loan appearances.
Old 30-07-2021, 11:37   #1811
Senior Member+

13 clean sheets in Championship last season that's what got him the move.
All these big clubs only interested in stats.
Old 30-07-2021, 13:45   #1812
God Member

Smile Re: Former Players!

Quote:
They aren't " big clubs " just clubs with plenty of money to throw about like confetti ��
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-07-2021, 08:25   #1813
God Member

Quote:
always find that clean sheet keepers stat does not tell the full story. playing behind a good or bad defence makes the difference in the number of clean sheets you get. says nothing about your ability to cut our crosses and comand the box as well as how good your distribution is. the latter is getting more important in the game.
Old 31-07-2021, 09:25   #1814
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
always find that clean sheet keepers stat does not tell the full story. playing behind a good or bad defence makes the difference in the number of clean sheets you get. says nothing about your ability to cut our crosses and comand the box as well as how good your distribution is. the latter is getting more important in the game.
Your right distribution is a big plus with keepers Nathan Baxter was excellent at it best keeper I have personally seen at Stanley. Big hopes for Toby Savin and he,s still learning but for me that's an area of his game that can be worked on and improved.
Old 31-07-2021, 19:23   #1815
Senior Member+

Quote:
They aren't " big clubs " just clubs with plenty of money to throw about like confetti ��
Ok Andy Chelsea are a small club. Check their history out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..