Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree666Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2018, 22:00   #1036
Senior Member
 
Lord Didsbury's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

If you’ve got a player worth, say, £1m is it that unreasonable to want £200k for his services for a year?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2018, 07:37   #1037
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
If you’ve got a player worth, say, £1m is it that unreasonable to want £200k for his services for a year?
To me its unreasonable to loan a player out to make money, a loan should be to help the lad improve, give him game time etc, it should be all about whats best for the lad in my view. to be loaned out itsobvious yer manager thinks yeh aint ready for a run in yer own side?
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 10:03   #1038
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me its unreasonable to loan a player out to make money, a loan should be to help the lad improve, give him game time etc, it should be all about whats best for the lad in my view. to be loaned out itsobvious yer manager thinks yeh aint ready for a run in yer own side?
thats why they introduced the loan system in the first place. no reserve teams competitive football like there used to be so it gives a player their only chance to improve. it was never there just to make premier league clubs a bit richer.
cashman and choirboy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 10:10   #1039
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thats why they introduced the loan system in the first place. no reserve teams competitive football like there used to be so it gives a player their only chance to improve. it was never there just to make premier league clubs a bit richer.
Aye i know, seems some dont.?
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 12:42   #1040
Senior Member
 

Re: Former Players!

Loans take on a mixture of agreements.
Some are happy to let the player go - but insist he plays or gets recalled.
Some want his wages paying to the parent club by the loaning club.
Some will share the cost .........
Dunne is an asset so like it or not if his services are needed there's a price to pay.
The Jocks didn't grumble.
What if during the loan he were to get a serious injury for instance ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 09:05   #1041
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
What if during the loan he were to get a serious injury for instance ?
do not get that argument as he could get the same injury in training with his parent club.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 09:08   #1042
Senior Member
 

Re: Former Players!

I would suggest that the rigours of league one first team football week in week out as opposed to the leisurely pursuit in the under 23s exposes players to greater risk.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 09:23   #1043
Senior Member+
 
Div3North's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

Changing the subject, did I see Tom Aldred's on loan at Motherwell?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 18:08   #1044
Senior Member+
 
Haggis316's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

I notice Ipswich are bottom of the Championship with 2 points. Kayden Jackson has only scored once (in the League Cup against a lower league team). On Saturday KJ and Janoi Donacien only got mentioned twice apiece in the entire defeat at Sheffield Wednesday on BBC Livetext.
__________________

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Avatar: My Fourth Cousin Three Times Removed. Ellis Rimmer Left Winger England and Sheffield Wednesday (1928 - 1938). For Sheffield Wednesday 140 Goals in 418 Appearances. 2 League Championships 1929 and 1930 and 2 winning goals in last 5 minutes of 1935 FA Cup Final. Charity Shield Winners 1935.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 18:33   #1045
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
I notice Ipswich are bottom of the Championship with 2 points. Kayden Jackson has only scored once (in the League Cup against a lower league team). On Saturday KJ and Janoi Donacien only got mentioned twice apiece in the entire defeat at Sheffield Wednesday on BBC Livetext.
Did yeh notice who was sent off fer em on sat Haggis? not really a shock,
maccawozzagod likes this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 19:49   #1046
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Did yeh notice who was sent off fer em on sat Haggis? not really a shock,
Yeah, but to be fair he scored before he got his marching orders - still two sides to Toto's game
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 19:55   #1047
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Yeah, but to be fair he scored before he got his marching orders - still two sides to Toto's game
To me that side of his game let him down big time when he was here? shame cos thought he was a decent player.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 23:37   #1048
Full Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
do not get that argument as he could get the same injury in training with his parent club.
Not if he isn't playing for them.

Since the early 90s players count as assets on the books. You would ideally cover amortization and wages to keep your head above water, but those who have no idea shout loudest.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 16:09   #1049
Full Member
 

Re: Former Players!

Marcus Bettinelli in the England squad.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 21:32   #1050
Senior Member+
 
Haggis316's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Did yeh notice who was sent off fer em on sat Haggis? not really a shock,

Yes! Occurred to me later I'd forgotten to mention it!



The one decent chance Kayden had against Wednesday went down the pan when last season loan Jordan Thorniley took the ball off his foot. He's a regular for Wednesday now along side Tom Lees.
choirboy likes this.
__________________

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Avatar: My Fourth Cousin Three Times Removed. Ellis Rimmer Left Winger England and Sheffield Wednesday (1928 - 1938). For Sheffield Wednesday 140 Goals in 418 Appearances. 2 League Championships 1929 and 1930 and 2 winning goals in last 5 minutes of 1935 FA Cup Final. Charity Shield Winners 1935.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 19:12.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.31518 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1