Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree984Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2020, 16:30   #1261
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Again not quite as simple and straightforward as that Andy.
A player could be offered a deal and told they will be a squad player.
That player may take less money elsewhere to be a more regular starter etc.

I would put my house on at least a few of the ones not released leaving before a new season start.
Let's see who gets an offer first ........ if anyone !
Futures to be decided for

Barclay
Maguire
Zanzala
Clark
Conneely
Hughes
Jonson
Rodgers

Not on the released list but either out of contract 30/6 or on one year options to be decided by Coley.
Be madness not to exercise options on Hughes and Johnson and then if they do go at least there will be a fee.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2020, 16:57   #1262
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Again not quite as simple and straightforward as that Andy.
A player could be offered a deal and told they will be a squad player.
That player may take less money elsewhere to be a more regular starter etc.

I would put my house on at least a few of the ones not released leaving before a new season start.
Quite aware of all that no one will be privy to any of that apart from those involved all the rest is guess work and hearsay, but I might be wrong but assuming the rest have had an option triggered or been offered something new.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 22:07   #1263
Senior Member+
 
Chimer's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

There's going to be a lot less money sloshing around for a while at least, and many owners will be very wary of offering silly money to lure people away until the way ahead looks a lot clearer. And there will be lots more out-of-contract players after a share of the money that is available. That said, it probably doesn't take very silly money to outbid what Stanley can/will/should offer someone, and undoubtedly some owners will be prepared to gamble. We shall see what we shall see - eventually!
Twenty Eight likes this.
__________________
Zero Tolerance of Intolerance
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 07:19   #1264
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

doubt coley will have been stuck infront of the box for the last few weeks. at the end of the day we will have a side to compete when the season starts. one thing we do not want to get into is a situation of someone dragging their heals at the club and keep saying they would sign but backtrack at the last minute. then the club is in the position of only being able to what is left and might not be even their 3rd or 4th option at the best.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 08:09   #1265
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Arron Chapman released by Peterborough been a bit downhill for him since he left us.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 09:39   #1266
Senior Member+
 
baldy's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

David Mannix, Remember him?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...-next-18410900
choirboy likes this.
__________________
If You Think Footballs Just A Game ... Your In The Wrong Dressing Room
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 10:25   #1267
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
doubt coley will have been stuck infront of the box for the last few weeks. at the end of the day we will have a side to compete when the season starts. one thing we do not want to get into is a situation of someone dragging their heals at the club and keep saying they would sign but backtrack at the last minute. then the club is in the position of only being able to what is left and might not be even their 3rd or 4th option at the best.
Dragging their heels ???
You do know its 13 June today and contracts expire on 30 June !!!
With respect and for all right and proper reasons maybe its the club that needs to get a move on ?
If you read back a poster has said that Coley will not be doing any business until the date the season recommences is announced and in what format.
So by then its patently obvious that the best will already be sorted and maybe the second best etc .......... but isn't that how we've always dealt in pre season ??
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 10:27   #1268
God Member
 
maccawozzagod's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
.. but isn't that how we've always dealt in pre season ??
Aye, and its served us quite well over the last 20 pre seasons
__________________
email brightvision@sky.com for all window cleaning quotes
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 10:29   #1269
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
There's going to be a lot less money sloshing around for a while at least, and many owners will be very wary of offering silly money to lure people away until the way ahead looks a lot clearer. And there will be lots more out-of-contract players after a share of the money that is available. That said, it probably doesn't take very silly money to outbid what Stanley can/will/should offer someone, and undoubtedly some owners will be prepared to gamble. We shall see what we shall see - eventually!
Correct mate.
If we exercise our options will any club be prepared to pay a fee for Johnson or Hughes ?
Competing with our wage structure isn't a problem to quite a number of clubs - even when they're tightening the belt.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 10:30   #1270
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Aye, and its served us quite well over the last 20 pre seasons
Never said any different my friend.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 10:34   #1271
Senior Member+
 

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Dragging their heels ???
You do know its 13 June today and contracts expire on 30 June !!!
With respect and for all right and proper reasons maybe its the club that needs to get a move on ?
If you read back a poster has said that Coley will not be doing any business until the date the season recommences is announced and in what format.
So by then its patently obvious that the best will already be sorted and maybe the second best etc .......... but isn't that how we've always dealt in pre season ??
This isn't a normal pre season though is it after June 30th any new signings meaning from outside of what we have won't be subject to furloughing rules with no date or wether crowds will be watching next season to me it's common sense to wait and not incur extra expenses, don't think Stanley will be on their own either some clubs will gamble always will maybe will steal a march on better players but Stanley have made thier intentions clear.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 11:08   #1272
Senior Member+
 
baldy's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

Boring El!

Start a new thread if you’re going to twiddle on about something unrelated to the post!
choirboy likes this.
__________________
If You Think Footballs Just A Game ... Your In The Wrong Dressing Room
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 12:46   #1273
Senior Member+
 
baldy's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

Cameron Belford - Signed for Radcliffe!
__________________
If You Think Footballs Just A Game ... Your In The Wrong Dressing Room
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 13:18   #1274
Senior Member+
 
MikeA's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

I suppose this is as good a thread as any for this quiz about former Stanley players. I amazed myself by getting 8/10!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qu...anley-players/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 13:20   #1275
Senior Member+
 
Tin Monkey's Avatar
 

Re: Former Players!

Aaron Chapman has officially left Posh.
__________________
T.M.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 22:48.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.36438 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1