Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2016, 07:13   #121
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wish him well, sorry to lose him, but thats life.
Thought he joined Fulham, when he left Stanley a year or so ago.
Old 25-05-2016, 21:48   #122
Senior Member+

Liam Wakefield linked with Tranmere
Old 01-06-2016, 08:16   #123
Senior Member+

Joe Wright signed for Doncaster!
Old 04-06-2016, 18:12   #124
Full Member+

jerome fitzgerald, new assistant manager at nelson
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 19:31   #125
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Liam Wakefield linked with Tranmere

but signing for Morecambe from reports.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 20:21   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
but signing for Morecambe from reports.
Did, nt rate him good enough.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 21:15   #127
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Did, nt rate him good enough.
Is he a left back ?
Old 04-06-2016, 21:40   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
Is he a left back ?
Yep . . . . . . . . . . Left back in the changing rooms more often than not (sorry, couldn't resist)!
Kiwi John likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 22:15   #129
Resting in Peace

Only one of these rumoured/confirmed signings for the Shrimps gives me cause for concern and that's Shay, who would be a big loss imo. Shrimps message boarders, in their latest amusingly gloating thread, whilst correctly pointing out his poor looking scoring record, are obviously not taking into account the fact that Coley has been reluctant to use him other than as a late sub for his golden boy, whose unfortunate re-signing looks dafter by the week! Let's see who Andy Holt's "next level up" signings turn out to be before we worry too much about our cast offs.
Revived Red likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 22:45   #130
God Member

Whilst we've (I think) have agreed to disagree on Mr.McConville Redraine - I wholeheartedly agree that we cannot afford to lose Shay - fingers crossed that the departures we have suffered are the last & that we can keep the rest of the squad together - got everything crossed
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 22:51   #131

Reckon I'm on my own in that I'm less bothered about losing McCarten than anyone else.

The lad is useless off the ball and can't pick out a pass. Great finisher and will beat 3 defenders and stick it in the net once every 10 games but I rather gamble on a new starter than base out team around him.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 23:04   #132
Senior Member+

Shay is a great player, Was hoping and still hoping that he will sign up and take Windass place in the team and get a run in the team be deserves!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 04-06-2016, 23:32   #133
Full Member+

Agree with you Sam. Mcarten has his attributes but I don't see him being a player that can play a pivotal role such as the one Billy Kee played this season. He seems to either light a fire or be awol. Maybe that's a confidence thing cos he's inevitably on the bench. If he goes, wish him well, he may decide that a clean break is best for him. That would leave an opening in Accy's squad for someone who may have been knocked back at a bigger club and is 'hungry' (Coley's buzzword) for a second chance
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:14   #134
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Only one of these rumoured/confirmed signings for the Shrimps gives me cause for concern and that's Shay, who would be a big loss imo. Shrimps message boarders, in their latest amusingly gloating thread, whilst correctly pointing out his poor looking scoring record, are obviously not taking into account the fact that Coley has been reluctant to use him other than as a late sub for his golden boy, whose unfortunate re-signing looks dafter by the week! Let's see who Andy Holt's "next level up" signings turn out to be before we worry too much about our cast offs.

I think Jim Bentley sees Shay McCarten as a similar replacement for Jamie Devitt who seems likely to be moving on.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:38   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Shay is a great player, Was hoping and still hoping that he will sign up and take Windass place in the team and get a run in the team be deserves!
problem with shay is that when he starts a game he seems to be largely anonymous but when he comes off the bench he has at times changed the game and most of his goals are scored as a sub. doesn,t seem that long ago when people weren,t that keen with windass or crooks in the side. one I,d like to keep as he could improve with us and not the one that got away.
AccyMad and baldy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..