Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2004, 23:43   #1

Question Forum Functionality Questions

Maybe these options already exist on the forum and I just haven't been able to figure out how to utilize them. If so, any assistance toward getting them set up would be appreciated.

1) Is there a way to show which threads and posts are new since one's last visit?

2) Is there a way to jump to the first unread post in a thread as opposed to scrolling through the entire thread?

I have seen both of these options for new posts/threads that are posted while I am on the board but my question pertains to those posted between visits.

Last edited by MichiganRed; 19-03-2004 at 23:51.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2004, 23:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Forum Functionality Questions

HI michagen red,

Got me for a bit as well, If a thread has any post you have not read it will appear in bold type , and to get to last post posted click on yellow arrow next to posters name , I was a lot happier when I got this sussed, happy browsing red

Last edited by simon; 19-03-2004 at 23:54. Reason: can't spell
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 00:10   #3

Thanks, Simon. Now that you mentioned the bold typeset I don't know how I missed it. Guess that's what I get for paying attention.

I see that the arrow goes to the last post but that may not necessarily be the last unread post.
Old 20-03-2004, 20:37   #4

Okay, when I logged on the board this afternoon, none of the new posts were in bold letters so I guess my original questions still stand.
Old 21-03-2004, 11:05   #5
Roy
Administrator

When you logged on in the aft the whole site had had a behind the scenes upgrade, and so cookie info stored on your pc which tells the site what you have and have not read was invalid. The next time you log on it should be ok again.. On your second point, to the left of the subject is a small orange arrow pointing down - this takes you to the first new post in the thread. The small orange arrow next to the amount of replies pointing to the right takes you to the last post. Another thing you can use for seeing all new posts on the entire board is the New Posts button on the top menu bar, but obviously that takes into account all areas of this site and not just stanley...

Hope that helped!!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 11:16   #6

yeah it gave me some good advice
Old 21-03-2004, 12:48   #7
Senior Member+

Cheers roy
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 15:19   #8

Thanks for the information, Roy. I have noticed that when logging out of the messageboard I get a message stating that all cookies have been cleared. Is there a way to prevent this (other than the obvious answer of not logging out)?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..