Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 19:48   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Free Admission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Have to say though that listening to Coley on the radio tonight he seems to have accepted relegation. Not the best example to set to your players.
Not one to make considered statements is our Coley!
Thanks for the good luck support, Mr Christie..
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2007, 20:02   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Just a tad over 5000, but don't forget the match is segregated with Torquay expecting to bring approximately 300, which means it will not be full to capacity as the away end holds something like 1400 - so a crowd of 3900 could feasibly be expected.
Could the 300 not fit into the Whinney Hill shed/Coppice corner like away fans used to do? With some good publicity and good weather it should be a full house and would be a shame if an extra 1000 had to be turned away at the gates!
Old 12-03-2007, 20:09   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
would be a shame if an extra 1000 had to be turned away at the gates!
That could be a good thing, they'll think they really are missing something and come back next week

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 20:22   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
That could be a good thing, they'll think they really are missing something and come back next week
Unless they're season ticket holders .

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 20:25   #50
Senior Member+

If there's less than 2500 on the ground it'll tell us everything we need to know about Accrington and football.
Old 12-03-2007, 21:31   #51
God Member

now erics done his bit lets do our bit lets get everybody to the fes .the moods already changed .we can do it lets get the place rockin know at least 20 people who dont usually go are going lets get a poster campaign going .ive already started printing, the wife thinks im mad and for coley to accept relegation hes only gettin torquay into a false sense of security
Old 12-03-2007, 21:39   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the wife thinks im mad and for coley to accept relegation hes only gettin torquay into a false sense of security
She's not the only one , but the more discerning amongst us have noticed a certain amount of method, go for it Bananaman

Old 12-03-2007, 21:44   #53
Senior Member+

TM, I think you may just have hit the nail on the head. I cannot see too many coming out of the woodwork for one match, when the next will be back up to full price. Personally, I would have preferred a reduced price (say £5) for all home matches for the remainder of the season rather than one free match. cmonstanley - I have a poster in my car (and have had for every home match and also every event (eg photo exhibition and Carl Shay sings for OSC) which I drive all over Lancashire and I cannot say it has made a blind bit of difference, however, good luck with your campaign

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 21:57   #54
God Member

i also have a secret weapon with working in a public place
Old 12-03-2007, 22:18   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If there's less than 2500 on the ground it'll tell us everything we need to know about Accrington and football.
If they don't know about it they won't come! It's only us saddo's on here (50 at the most?) who have got the message, and we would have been there anyway. Preaching to the converted has never worked, so let's hope this is pushed to the limit by the club in every possible way. It's no good just posting it on the website and leaving it at that.
Old 12-03-2007, 22:27   #56
God Member

its gonna be in the telegraph tomorrow and its been on all the local radio stations prob get mention on granada reports thats a start
Old 12-03-2007, 22:48   #57
God Member

and its on bbc sport website
Old 12-03-2007, 23:12   #58
Junior Member+

its a poor do when accy have to let fans in free to get a decent crowd,hope you stay up though,then we can play you amas/new year again possibly
SAMMY MACS BARMY ARMY
elgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 23:17   #59
Senior Member+

[quote=cmonstanley;396935]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i too think the club should be appluaded they have done their side now cmon the public of hyndburn do yours it just shows we are the best biggest little club in the country
Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone - Gladys Browyn Stern

Old 12-03-2007, 23:43   #60
God Member

Dany from the Observer was summoned to the ground this afternoon probably with respect to hyping up this game

Personally I think the club should be applauded on this matter. It is the first really proactive thing the club has done in a long time, they could have handled it in the manner of asking a fiver and still been seen to being proactive, but free is free and if we cant get em in for this we never will! There are still numerous things need answering such as policing and stewarding for an unanswerable question such as how many. But well done to the club and in particular Eric Whalley (over my dead body will anyone get in for free) for taking the fight to the town and asking whether the public want to come.

Come or be damned, you have been given the option.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..