Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2007, 00:48   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Free Admission

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Does this mean us season ticket holders get reenbursed at all?
Or get a few free pints??

Typical Accy Stanley nouse - or lack of.

I can see the logic behind this, and it will be great to have a bumper crowd, but it hardly made a difference to the crap displayed at Rochdale did it?
FFS Theres always one!! me, me, me, think about the big picture and feel happy that you donated a couple of quid to Stanley.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2007, 01:00   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
FFS Theres always one
Make it two. I'm with you on this one Shakermaker.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 01:02   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If they don't know about it they won't come! It's only us saddo's on here (50 at the most?) who have got the message, and we would have been there anyway. Preaching to the converted has never worked, so let's hope this is pushed to the limit by the club in every possible way. It's no good just posting it on the website and leaving it at that.
yer wrong mate i found out off telly (ceefax)
Old 13-03-2007, 11:59   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
I think this can be easily rectified!!....this years season ticket holders to be admitted free to a cup game next season!!

Problem solved!
I'd rather have a voucher for some free beer on Saturday if it's all the same to you Redskin . Seriously though, I have mixed feelings on this, whilst I can see the logic behind an incentive like this and I really do hope it works and we can get the ground buzzing on Saturday, how many of those who do take advantage of getting in for nowt but who wouldn't normally come within a mile of the ground, will come back? Unfortunately, I can't see it being that many - if any. Having said that, I hope I'm wrong and the attendances get a good boost after this - I'll keep my fingers crossed (and get there bloody early on Saturday just in case )
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 12:33   #65

What's the betting we don't print enough programmes and run out of 'em half an hour before kick off. I just hope somebody's had the nouse to order an extra supply.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 12:47   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
how many of those who do take advantage of getting in for nowt but who wouldn't normally come within a mile of the ground, will come back? Unfortunately, I can't see it being that many - if any.)
Plenty, if we win 5-nowt. None if we play like at Rochdale.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 13:00   #67
God Member

People will take what they can for free & then bog off. They're not stupid.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 13:24   #68
God Member

we moan if it rains and we moan if its too sunny!

the bigger picture again.

Whether you are at school or at work, in the dole queue or shopping, people are talking about Stanley again for positive reasons, this is a good thing. They certainly wont all come back but I dont think an awful lot of 'never-been-befores' will come, I think it is about enticing BACK the people who have drifted away over the last few years. If they come back they may remember why once upon a time they couldn't stay away. They might re-addict themselves. If that brings back a hundred people then it has been a worthwhile excercise - if it creates an atmosphere where Torquay capitulate and give us three points then it has been a worthwhile excercise - if we all look to spend a bit of extra money here and there around the ground then it has been a worthwhile excercise.

Loss leaders
Old 13-03-2007, 14:50   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The saving made by buying a season ticket is ever decreasing and it's a shambles.
When Doncaster Rovers did the same thing a couple of years ago to boost attendances their chairman compensated every season ticket holder with a fantastic free goody bag including a home shirt worth £40.
Good idea or what? And I'm not a season ticket holder btw.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 15:46   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
When Doncaster Rovers did the same thing a couple of years ago to boost attendances their chairman compensated every season ticket holder with a fantastic free goody bag including a home shirt worth £40.
Good idea or what? And I'm not a season ticket holder btw.

YEAH, but what about all those who have bought a shirt? would they get compensated
Old 13-03-2007, 16:16   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
its gonna be in the telegraph tomorrow and its been on all the local radio stations prob get mention on granada reports thats a start
it had a mention on the breakfast show on talk sport this morning the f.e.s will be packed on saturday
Old 13-03-2007, 17:09   #72
God Member

As a season ticket holder i don't give a toss about other people getting in free tbh....its our club and if this means increased chance of a win on saturday then im all for it...just hope the club is planning to guarantee entry to all season ticket holders???
Old 13-03-2007, 17:16   #73
God Member

Is anyone NOT going??? I have a feeling I'll be rowing this boat solo come game time.I'll be posting to myself.God I'm a sad individual.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 17:30   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Is anyone NOT going??? I have a feeling I'll be rowing this boat solo come game time.I'll be posting to myself.God I'm a sad individual.

I'm not going John
Old 13-03-2007, 17:37   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm not going John
Made me laugh that. Can't get over a Burnley fan with GSOH. Nice one Dave

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..