Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2007, 12:07   #91

Re: Free Admission

It was announced about the free admission at the Greyhound Pub Quiz last night. Lets all spread the word!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2007, 14:14   #92

great news it being free but in my opion even if it was 5er for adults and 3 quid for kids thats great and the club would still make abit of cash off it
Old 14-03-2007, 18:59   #93
Senior Member+

not the same as being free tho beucas i you think of a family two adults two children the price you suggested would come to £16 plus the kids would want drinks/chips ect so could be anywere up to £25. now its free it is even less than £10 as you are jus paying for drinks/chips which makes it better for familes and for asfc as a whloe as they might get people coming back which would mean more profit which would equal
1)better players
2)better ground fastilaties
3)higher league postion
4)all the moaning people abit more happier

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 19:44   #94
Junior Member+

I have to say well done and thankyou to Stanley for the free admission on sat as a family of 8...mum dad and 6 children aged under 12 a day at the football is hard hitting on our pockets like the last poster said
1.tkts for us all
2.food/drink
3.travel(we live in Clitheroe)

Althou it is not a easy task having a family day out,due having to use public transport and having 1 child who needs a wheehchair we are able to do so on sat,this will be the 1st time ever that we have be able attend as a whole family,instead of dad 2 kids or dad 3kids and the others missing out due to pure cost.

so if you spot a a tripe of kids be lead by 2 stressed parents thats us !!

We are a football loving family infact a all sport loving family and thanks to stanley im sure we will have a great day out on sat.
katei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 19:58   #95
God Member

hope you enjoy teh game Katei and welcome to Accy web.

As an aside, the kids under 12 get in free til the end of the season anyway. Go to the club shop next to the main turnstile and ask Lee for Junior Reds membership forms.
Old 14-03-2007, 20:03   #96
Junior Member+

thanks

i have just be looking at website and saw that......great idea! althou i dont think im brave enuff or mad enuff to manage every home game with all the kids lol

does anyone know how the disabled/wheelchair area works?

it isnt a huge problem if we cant get in at the disabled area as we can take him out of chair to stand with us for the game but is better for him if he can sit in his chair

please dont tell me its in the seating area......is nt football unless you can stand with crowd not into all this sitting for football
Old 14-03-2007, 20:21   #97
Senior Member+

sorry chuck but the disabled area is to the changing rooms end of our main seated stand, and for safety reasons you won't be allowed to take a wheelchair onto the terraces.

Glad you're coming though, tribe in tow!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 20:25   #98
Junior Member+

hmmmm

think it may be a case of carrying him and leaving the chair at home then
Old 15-03-2007, 14:58   #99

Don't think there are many in college who havn't heard of the free admission, I've got 3 ex-reds coming to the game. As for any people with Rovers fans not coming, they might as well come for an hour, who knows they might want to stay
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 18:00   #100
Senior Member+

What is there to gain by making it free admission?

Apart from a load of freeloaders turning up and making up a (hopefully) large attendance on the day, what reason is there for this move?
Old 15-03-2007, 18:29   #101
Junior Member+

I have to agree with Tin monkey here, why are Stanley predicting to lose so much money here when they could have set a minimum entrance fee of say £2 a go instead of free?

As generous as the offer is,maybe a 3-4000 crowd at just £2 would have minimised any loss to the club?

Last edited by THE BLUE 'N' WHITES; 15-03-2007 at 18:32.
THE BLUE 'N' WHITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 18:52   #102
God Member

the quote from Eric on the way home from Swindon was that if they dont come when its free then they never will.

Perhaps it is a test of just what the town wants?

If they dont come out in droves for this one then we may as well all pack up?

As far as Eric is concerned this game and surviving the season is far more important than £13000 or less, I agree. If the place rocks and we can bring home the points then just maybe with another home match next week against the Welsh, we will stand a chance of surviving. As it stands at the moment we are bottom - a point below Torquay.

We simply cannot afford to lose.
Old 15-03-2007, 19:36   #103
Junior Member+

a tad worried now

kids gave me shoppin list for sat game

red/white face paint

red hair spray

air horns

whistles

red/white ballons for wheelchair

god help me or shud that be all the other ppl having to suffer 6 red and white kids

think mum will be skippin her face b painted somehow lol
Old 15-03-2007, 19:54   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
What is there to gain by making it free admission?

Apart from a load of freeloaders turning up and making up a (hopefully) large attendance on the day, what reason is there for this move?
Pure desperation. Hope it works.

But yeah.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 19:57   #105
God Member

Near end of tax year
I'll agree with the desperation, we do need to win something soon

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..