Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2007, 17:48   #121
God Member

Re: Free Admission

Just going back on track, in the Accrington Observer EW says he is hoping for 3,500. Is that because of the away end taking up a large section or is that really all he is hoping for ? I would have thought he should wish for more when it's free ?
Old 16-03-2007, 17:50   #122
I am Banned

Doesn't the away end take around 1400 so it wont be the majority share will it
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 17:57   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Doesn't the away end take around 1400 so it wont be the majority share will it
No but it's a large percentage in terms of actual space. Must be around 30% of the grounds capacity which for a team like Torquay is dead space. Maybe if the crowds turn out in force they might have to get some string out and section a bit of it off tomorrow
Old 16-03-2007, 18:00   #124
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
No but it's a large percentage in terms of actual space. Must be around 30% of the grounds capacity which for a team like Torquay is dead space. Maybe if the crowds turn out in force they might have to get some string out and section a bit of it off tomorrow
Why don’t you invite some of the Longsiders down Burt? They might appreciate cheering up tomorrow.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 18:01   #125
God Member

Quote:
Just going back on track, in the Accrington Observer EW says he is hoping for 3,500. Is that because of the away end taking up a large section or is that really all he is hoping for ? I would have thought he should wish for more when it's free ?
Has Eric entered the "GUESS THE GATE" thread ?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 18:04   #126
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
if he ends up right its a fix
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 18:13   #127
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Why don’t you invite some of the Longsiders down Burt? They might appreciate cheering up tomorrow.

Nah sorry, according to one of the local snitches every Burnley fan wants Stanley to down
Old 16-03-2007, 18:15   #128
God Member

Quote:
Nah sorry, according to one of the local snitches every Burnley fan wants Stanley to down
a pint of lager
Old 16-03-2007, 18:18   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
a pint of lager
Well spotted
Old 16-03-2007, 20:31   #130
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
You know me I don't like to talk about the gate figure but what will Eric do tomorrow? I suspect that the figure given will be correct but it has been said that the figure given could be lower so he can say I let the people of Accy in for free and they still didn't come. If that happens then it will be a way of directing our failures this season away from Eric Whalley and on to the Accrington people.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 22:11   #131

bagpuss if you are stanley why do you attack eric whalley and everyone else at the club all the time?
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 22:20   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
bagpuss if you are stanley why do you attack eric whalley and everyone else at the club all the time?
Because anyone with half a brain can see that if Eric would've stepped down before this season like he said he would we wouldn't be in this mess.
Eric Whalley is a hero to every Stanley fan everywhere for getting us into the football league from Unibond obscurity & below; however biting off more than he could chew by staying on as chairman this season has cost us dearly and it is very likely we'll be back in the Unibond before you can say Justin Jackson.

Cue the bad karma.
Egits.

Last edited by shakermaker; 16-03-2007 at 22:24.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 22:40   #133

bad karma. are you a hippy?

bagpuss isn't saying the same as you. bagpuss has attacked the club and called them liars and thieves. he has attacked everyone that works at the club. I understand but don't agree with your argument. But bagpuss is just a bitter twisted nobody who wants to attack everyone and anything to do with a club he pretends to support. look at his posting history.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 22:43   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
bad karma. are you a hippy?
Allegedly. But that's neither here nor there.

Karma is what the illiterate amongst us use to get their point across.

This thing...

__________________________________________________ _____________
<!-- ############## END SUBSCRIBED THREADS ############## --><!-- ############## NEW REPUTATION ############## --> 427 point(s) total Latest Karma Received
__________________________________________________ _____________

Last edited by shakermaker; 16-03-2007 at 22:47.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 00:54   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
The away fans are restricted to the Clayton end terrace. Apparently, Stanley fans are getting all of the Whinney Hill side so we could feasibly get a crowd of over 4000. Wonder how many away fans are coming now it is free, prior to announcement anly 120 or so, now the figure is up around 500.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..