Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2015, 19:40   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Friday Night Footy.....

The weather forecast for friday is for rain; As its Accrington it will be torrential rain.

Is there any possibility of the game being called off?
I presume it was dry up in Accy today?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2015, 20:05   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its certainly been dry today, no good me predicting weather, I thought the last un postponed would defo be on. Michal Fish has sod all on me.
Redraine likes this.
Old 18-02-2015, 20:27   #33

Smile Re: Friday Night Footy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
The weather forecast for friday is for rain; As its Accrington it will be torrential rain.

Is there any possibility of the game being called off?
I presume it was dry up in Accy today?
BBC Weather I'm looking at for Friday shows dry all day. With rain all day Thursday until 5pm. If that's the case there won't be a problem with the game being played on Friday. Let's hope the forecast is accurate.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 21:04   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
BBC Weather I'm looking at for Friday shows dry all day. With rain all day Thursday until 5pm. If that's the case there won't be a problem with the game being played on Friday. Let's hope the forecast is accurate.
I was talking to Buzzer today and he doesn't anticipate any issues according to the forecast, and the pitch is in good nick.
Old 18-02-2015, 21:19   #35
Senior Member+

the pitch has been excellent for the past 2 seasons.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 21:23   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
the pitch has been excellent for the past 2 seasons.
That certainly was one good thing the snake was responsible for.
Old 19-02-2015, 10:19   #37
Senior Member+

team for Friday with Bruna Conneely Gornell coming into the squad, any formation would not surprise Conneely has been used as C/B R/B L/B
To me these 7 look nailed on but what do you think
-------------Davies
?-------Winnard------Atkinson------?
-----Joyce---------------Proctor
--Mingoia---------?---------?
----------Gornell
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 10:50   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Plus Liddle Windass,Bruna, possibly Coneelly
Old 20-02-2015, 18:14   #39
Senior Member+

looking at next 6 matches points may be difficult (Burton home) (Luton away) (Shewsbury home) (Pompy home) (Burton away) (Wycombe away) so three points tonight is highly disirable with Cheltenham also desperate for points this could also be a tough match
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 11:31   #40
Full Member+

Well with just one remaining Friday night game left, I have to say I'm not a great fan. Whilst I'm all for trying different things to raise revenue for the club I can't see any improvement in attendances as a result and I prefer the traditional saturday games. Last night's crowd was 1216 and the corresponding fixture last season albeit in August (24-08-14) drew a crowd of 1224. Perhaps someone at the club could provide some feedback on how they see it since they will have a better idea of the attractions than I and also if ticket offers at the time of these fixtures have a beneficial impact
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 13:37   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well with just 8 different from last August, I reckon financially wi the increase n given a cold evening, Stanley are obviously better off than last year?
Old 21-02-2015, 15:17   #42
Full Member+

You may be right, Cashy, but we're guessing. That's why I think the club should say wether the friday switches are helping the club or not and if they intend to stick with em for next season. I know some people were disappointed to have some fixtures changed after they had got their season tickets and need to decide if a flexi ticket would be better next time round.
cashman likes this.
Old 21-02-2015, 15:41   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
You may be right, Cashy, but we're guessing. That's why I think the club should say wether the friday switches are helping the club or not and if they intend to stick with em for next season. I know some people were disappointed to have some fixtures changed after they had got their season tickets and need to decide if a flexi ticket would be better next time round.
Have to agree wi that, I know a guy who for bus reasons cant get here for night games, certainly taxis aint n option for him, so good reason for that info.
Old 21-02-2015, 16:40   #44
God Member

I would say that the Club will continue to play Friday games next season
DAV007 likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 23:34   #45
Full Member+

Is this an 'official' response, Valairian ? and if so will the number of friday games be roughly the same next season as this season or is the intention to increase them ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..