Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2015, 18:04   #46
Super Moderator

Re: Friendlies

First time I've seen us this season. Getting dangerously over-excited now!
MikeA likes this.
Old 18-07-2015, 19:12   #47
Senior Member+

Enjoyed the game today and the first half we set our stall out by pressing the ball all over the field and burnley in the first 15 minutes couldn't cope with it.
The squad has competion for places over the team,Crookes and Coonelly were excellent,but Barry and Proccy will be pressing them,There's nothing between the keepers,there's at least eight players who could comfortably play in the back four positions ,so as they say "game on"!!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 20:04   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Got to agree Redraine. Couldn't buy a goal last season yet 3 in pre-season for Crooks. i also agree on MOM. McConville looked dangerous on the wing as did Justin St Juste in the 2nd half. A must sign for me. The small number 20 (Clarke) is not a defender for me, he is too small and would get beaten in the air every time. Both Goalies had decent games and overall it was entertaining to watch. Crowd decent at 2,100 but outnumbered is an understatement. Especially as it was the testimonial for John and Jimmy. Would have been nice to be nearer 3,000. If we play League 2 teams like we played Burnley in the first 10 minutes, we will demoralize them no end. However, I will not be over complacent. It will be a long season, but I do hope one which we may be successful.
Blimey Nigel, no ref bashing ?
Old 18-07-2015, 20:18   #49
Senior Member+

Great performance by all of the Stanley players used today!!!
I thought that the set up of the starting eleven looked really well balanced and we seemed to fill every square inch of the pitch early on. Burnley could not cope with Josh Windass who has enhanced his reputaion further with a super performance against players from a higher level.
I agree with earlier posters that Crooks was superb!........He could be Stanleys version of "Ja Ja".......Big and strong in midfield.........covered lots of ground.........tackled well.........his passing was excellent and incisive....... and........he SCORED TWO GOALS!!
It was great to see that we now have some height in our back four but also that the bigger lads have some skill too.
Burnley had more possession from twenty minutes up to seventy minutes but I was particularly pleased to see us finishing the game with strength and on the front foot. We deserved the fourth goal which capped a marvellous display and a fully deserved win for the boys in RED.
Well done to John, Jimmy and the players. This should give them all confidence as the real matches get closer!

ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 21:04   #50
Super Moderator

100/1 to be champions? Bookies, we gonna whup your ass!
yonmon likes this.
Old 18-07-2015, 21:25   #51
God Member

St.Juste? Not sure - just wonder how much difference he can make? Crooksy I can see becoming a firm fans favourite & predict he'll be top scorer & will sweep the board at the end of season awards, he just seems so determined to make amends for his mistakes last season, bless 'im - he'll do for me.
Decent crowd on today but it's usually a higher gate v Burnley in our pre-season friendlies with them - we're always outnumbered but makes me wonder how many of our own had an issue with the testimonial, not saying Coley & Jimmy shouldn't have one just that the timing could've been better - just a thought
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 22:41   #52

All looking good to me. Just had a tenner on at 80/1 for the league and a tenner at 25/1 for promotion. Easy money. Seems ridiculous odds of 9/2 to go down.

They've only been wrong 9 years running.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 06:30   #53
Senior Member+

I was due to ring in for tickets to the Blackpool game tomorrow, but will have to delay it if there is a chance it will be cancelled. Do we know when the decision will be made ?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 08:02   #54
Resting in Peace

Nice comment on the Clarets forum:-

"Let's give Stanley some credit here, they were awesome today and would have given Barcelona a game on that form.

Dark horses for the FA Cup perhaps?"
Read more at Stanley v Burnley - Burnley FC forum from footymad.net
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 10:05   #55
Super Moderator

Awesome's the right word too. At last we have a team that's strong in every department. This is going to be an exciting season and I just hope the local public responds.
Redraine, smobile and Chrisr like this.
Old 19-07-2015, 11:21   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Nice comment on the Clarets forum:-

"Let's give Stanley some credit here, they were awesome today and would have given Barcelona a game on that form.

Dark horses for the FA Cup perhaps?"
Read more at Stanley v Burnley - Burnley FC forum from footymad.net
All credit to some Dingles, some can even spell.
Old 19-07-2015, 12:22   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Awesome's the right word too. At last we have a team that's strong in every department. This is going to be an exciting season and I just hope the local public responds.
Your right Wyn,but key will be to rotate the way we play when teams work us out and the squad already seems capable of this.
Competition for places is key,which makes training high tempo and in turn (hopefully) our performances improve week on week.
Lets not forget its a new ,relativity young,inexperienced team,so we will only get better when they get used to playing the way Coley wants.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 14:19   #58
Junior Member+

You can be kept updated on Tuesday via Radio Scarborough who will be doing updates every 10 minutes or so Radio Scarborough - Home

Be warned these updates are done by the fans & are hopelessly and cheerfully biased.

If you are on twitter then follow the #safclive hashtag which is updated whenever anything of note happens by the local press and those at the game.
AccyMad, smobile and Lemur like this.
SeadogUpdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 19:10   #59
Full Member+

Thumbs up Re: Friendlies

I have to say watching the Burnley game, I think we will have a devil of a job to pick a first eleven, fair play to JC and JB for the signings and keeping the faith with Matt Crooks. I think we are in for a good season. I would hope we can increase the gate by winning well and keeping the supporters coming through the gates.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 20:52   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest i always thought crooks wasn't a bad un, just no-way a main striker.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..