Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2015, 06:04   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Friendlies

Saying that Cashy,his finish for his first goal was one of a top striker,cool,calm and composed !!
As Davo once said,if you can't see he's a good player,then you know nowt about football,indeed someone said he was the worst player to wear Accy shirt !!,long time five months in football 😀😀😀.
Still think if we were down to the bones he would do a job up top for us now he's fitter and a little more experienced.
baldy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2015, 08:55   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Saying that Cashy,his finish for his first goal was one of a top striker,cool,calm and composed !!
As Davo once said,if you can't see he's a good player,then you know nowt about football,indeed someone said he was the worst player to wear Accy shirt !!,long time five months in football 😀😀😀.
Still think if we were down to the bones he would do a job up top for us now he's fitter and a little more experienced.
You probably won't believe this, but without a word of a lie, not having heard the team announcements and with no numbers on the players' shirts I asked Valerian at half time who the new big lad was on our team with the "topnot" hair style!.With the new top not making him look even taller, his swarthy skin tone and great ball skills, I though he was a new triallist looking like a South American ex Premier league import or something, and didn't recognise him as the struggler from last season! As you say, his finish for his first goal was top drawer, not the usual panicked blast or tame pass back we are used to at this level. I couldn't understand why Coley had signed him last season but now I'm more than happy to eat humble pie, and just hope he can keep it up. As Bob says, we could have the new Yaya (not Ja Ja) on our hands. I'm sure our version won't throw his toys out of the pram if the club fails to bake him a nice birthday cake.
baldy, cashman and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 09:08   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I asked Valerian at half time who the new big lad was on our team with the "topnot" hair style!.
I was asked at Nelson who the player was with the 'bun' on his head. You're obviously down with the kids as you know the correct term
Old 20-07-2015, 10:13   #64
Senior Member+

100% agree Redraine and he will eventually leave us to play at an higher level,i have no doubts at all.
I always say lads coming from 21s football take time to adjust,but the quality always comes through,some adapt,some don't.They all go through a period were their performances dip,but as they get more experience those periods get less and less.
I will watch with interest the two young CBs who have started well ( really like the no 5) and how they adapt against experienced pros.
Windass is another were this season could be massive for him if he raises his game and his positional sense is getting better all the time.
Old 21-07-2015, 15:00   #65

Harking back to the Widnes game taking place in a couple of weeks - I didn't know that the pitch has gone artificial if I have read correctly.
Last time I was there, I'm guessing it was about 2009 when Everton reserves were playing, Green grass it was then!
By the way keep up the good work - I think this is a good forum without shenanigans!
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 16:17   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomo View Post
Harking back to the Widnes game taking place in a couple of weeks - I didn't know that the pitch has gone artificial if I have read correctly.
Last time I was there, I'm guessing it was about 2009 when Everton reserves were playing, Green grass it was then!
By the way keep up the good work - I think this is a good forum without shenanigans!
The artificial pitch is one of those fancy 4G things that actually plays really well and has been used by Premier League reserve teams.
Giacomo likes this.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 23:05   #67
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Stanley won 2 - 0 at Scarborough with a first half tap in from Billy Kee and a second half pen converted by Josh Windass
Old 21-07-2015, 23:22   #68

Good professional performance. Mooney had his best game and looked more solid. Crooks ran the show again. Got a bit tasty second half with tackles flying in all over. Lovely set up at Silver Royd it's a shame the football club don't play there more often. Good set of fans too...hope they do well.
Old 22-07-2015, 00:31   #69
Junior Member+

Enjoyable game. Even Stevens for most of it. A keeper howler and a disputed penalty gave you the win.

Surprised by the lack of away fans. I know it wasn't the most glamorous game on your list but I thought you might of brought more than a couple of supporters

All the best for the upcoming season.
SeadogUpdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 07:47   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Good professional performance. Mooney had his best game and looked more solid. Crooks ran the show again. Got a bit tasty second half with tackles flying in all over. Lovely set up at Silver Royd it's a shame the football club don't play there more often. Good set of fans too...hope they do well.
Strange Mooney having a solid game when Etheridge was in goal.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 08:56   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought it was a good performance, given the pitch was crap, very bobbly,the officials shouldn't be allowed to ref a ludo game, we shoulda had 2 definite pens before they gave us one, also gave a throw in to them that was 18" inside the pitch, also another that their player kicked off another of theres was given to them.had a good natter wi a few of their fans, they share wi Bridlington at the moment, which is why it had to be played yon. Thought crooksy again played very well, Joss when he came on also Etheridge,They did try to play good football apart from the clown that was 2 foot tackling and allowed to do so.
Old 22-07-2015, 08:58   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeadogUpdate View Post
Enjoyable game. Even Stevens for most of it. A keeper howler and a disputed penalty gave you the win.

Surprised by the lack of away fans. I know it wasn't the most glamorous game on your list but I thought you might of brought more than a couple of supporters

All the best for the upcoming season.
Disputed?? we were virtually online next to it, shoulda had 2 before that as well.
Old 22-07-2015, 09:13   #73
Senior Member+

Really good workout for the lads on a surface which was iffy at best.
To be fair I thought Scarborough were a fit side and kept their intensity levels high,but we made them chase shadows for long periods.
Besides the usual suspects,I thought Liam at CB played well and the keeper was very good.
Another clean sheet was pleasing,so it will be interesting how the shape of the team comes together as the lads not involved played earlier in the day and got beat by Evertons kids!!,conceding four in the process.
Old 22-07-2015, 09:58   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Strange Mooney having a solid game when Etheridge was in goal.
Looked massive from where I was sat first half hence the confusion after people going on about Mooney's height!! Point stands Etheridge had a good game.

And it was as blatant a penalty as you'll see at any level.
Old 22-07-2015, 10:01   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Looked massive from where I was sat first half hence the confusion after people going on about Mooney's height!! Point stands Etheridge had a good game.

And it was as blatant a penalty as you'll see at any level.
The keeper you thought Alvin is 6-3, so no midget. they are both big lads,but ones exceedingly big.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..