Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2015, 11:25   #91
Full Member+

Thumbs up Re: Friendlies

I hope we can afford to keep this squad together as I think we could well be knocking on the door at the end of the season. maybe even automatic promotion. I know it is a long way off but I am very happy at the way many players have gelled so soon. It is going to be a very exciting season.
cashman likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2015, 15:29   #92
Senior Member+

Re: Friendlies

My mates are looking forward to the trip on Friday. They aren't specially 'Pool; fans, and feel affinity with both clubs.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 10:33   #93

Thanks to Widnes Viking. Am showing my age in thinking back to the likes of the plastic pitch at Oldham Athletic in the late 1980s. The ball would bounce that high in those days.. from the goal keeper right out of Oldham and over to Rochdale town hall?
Slight exaggeration on my part.
Widnes Vikings also the rugby league team play on the pitch?
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 21:14   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Another good all round performance tonight, against a decent Div 1 side, A good goal scored after a good run by Piero and the knock out finished well by Shay, spoilt only by a pathetic attendance, which was not helped by a disgraceful lack of publicity,
Old 28-07-2015, 22:41   #95
Resting in Peace

Coley has gone into interview whispering mode again so I can't hear what he is saying, although I get the impression he is trying to downplay expectations for the coming season. Me? I'm really getting excited and think his biggest problem is settling on his best starting eleven, as we appear to be well covered in every department. I thought we were great tonight against what is probably the Dalemens best 11, which had such a superb season in div 1 after promotion and surprised a lot of pundits as to their quality after their promotion. I just hope Davies has not picked up a bad injury as he was immense in defence and very composed and creative in possession too. A masterclass by him tonight.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 06:04   #96
Senior Member+

Good solid defensive display which the trailist right back was very good.
Rochdale.although not creating much,asked a few questions with playing three at the back and wing backs pushing up.
After 20 minutes,we grew into the game and were the better side.
I give up trying to pick the starting eleven,as the subs were just as good if not better than the first eleven.
Crooked and Connelly gave us quality,whilst Pearson and Barry made us more competitive,
Which allows bucko to come on and push on !!
Thought Davies competed well against a good player,just a good solid performance,with no obvious weaknesses (and a clean sheet !! )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 06:57   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
spoilt only by a pathetic attendance, which was not helped by a disgraceful lack of publicity,

Or maybe it's holiday season, the weather was crap, the opposition weren't that high profile

It's on all the big posters, fixture lists and website. Not much more you can do really
Old 29-07-2015, 07:04   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Or maybe it's holiday season, the weather was crap, the opposition weren't that high profile

It's on all the big posters, fixture lists and website. Not much more you can do really
Bullshine, keep defending the indefensible dave.what about press n radio etc. plus the main detail of the game was not on the site until Yesterday Morning.
Old 29-07-2015, 07:09   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bullshine, keep defending the indefensible dave.what about press n radio etc. plus the main detail of the game was not on the site until Yesterday Morning.
Lots of people I know who weren't there knew about the game. Maybe they could tell us about why they didn't go.

Personally it would have to be a very attractive friendly for me to pay and go to see. The constant complaint on here is that people don't turn up to league games, you've not much chance with friendlies unless it's special.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 29-07-2015, 07:17   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Oer 20.000 thought that at Norwich last night. My constant complaint is the clowns running the circus do very little to attract more people, the managers n players do more than them.
smudgie likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 29-07-2015 at 07:20.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 07:39   #101
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Lots of people I know who weren't there knew about the game. Maybe they could tell us about why they didn't go.

Personally it would have to be a very attractive friendly for me to pay and go to see. The constant complaint on here is that people don't turn up to league games, you've not much chance with friendlies unless it's special.
Every Stanley game is special this pre season if you like passion and skill!
cashman likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 18:35   #102
God Member

I'm getting nervous !
Eighteen goals and six consecutive victories !
Have Stanley peaked early this season?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 23:11   #103
Senior Member+

Cashy, whilst I enjoy reading your posts, I believe you have got this slightly wrong. So in light of what you are saying about last nights crap attendance, what about the Blackpool match later this week? Posters on this site have advised the club to postpone the match altogether and if it is to go ahead, for Stanley fans not to attend! I have been to 1 pre-season friendly and that was the Burnley match. I tend not to go to pre-season games but will be at all the home games next season, plus some away if funds allow. Pre-season is during school holidays, hence folk are away or spending money on the kids to keep them occupied. it does not matter how much notice is given, whether on radio, fishy or flyers and posters, people will not go if they don't want too. We have to hope that all the offers for season tickets and flexi tickets will help boost the attendances (as well as walk ons) during the regular season. Pre-season is pretty meaningless really, doesn't matter how well the team have gelled and competed, it is the season coming that is important.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 29-07-2015 at 23:14. Reason: additional info.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 06:59   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is with pre-season games outback, the club struggles every season at this time wi cashflow, due to our crap resources,fact, so whilst i enjoy these games,seeing the new lads n trialists etc i go cos of that reason.so is it wrong to promote/advertise these games in n attempt to get a higher attendance? The Blackpool game is n entirely different thing, this game could possibly get Stanley a load of unwanted grief n bad publicity in my view. due to factors beyond our control.
Old 30-07-2015, 14:41   #105
Senior Member+

Is anyone off to Ashton Town tonight to watch a "Stanley XI" ... ? Assuming some trialists and academy players?

My first pre-season game that im not working so I will be having a trip.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..