Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2020, 19:39   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Game against Leeds u-23,s.

Great Debut will get better probably when he gets used to the team.
Old 08-09-2020, 19:49   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
To be fair they say you have to beat what is put in front of you but for Leeds to send a team of youth players devalues the competition to me, but on the plus side we have scored 5 in one half so will give confidence going into a difficult game Saturday.
It was the EFL who devalued the competition when they included these under 21 teams in it in the first place but agree that Leeds sending a team of 16 & 17 year olds is extracting the Michael
pompeylass likes this.

Last edited by AccyMad; 08-09-2020 at 19:52.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 19:59   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It was the EFL who devalued the competition when they included these under 21 teams in it in the first place but agree that Leeds sending a team of 16 & 17 year olds is extracting the Michael
agree i will not watch these under 21 games on i follow am 100% against these sides being in the competition.
monkey hanger and Watchdog like this.
Old 08-09-2020, 20:04   #49
God Member

Like the look of Sangare as well played some lovely through balls tonight seen all the new signings get minutes, quite a few of the lads out injured apparently Bishop back training which is good because that's an area we look a bit thin on the ground, time for the real thing Saturday.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 20:10   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

leeds playing a young side dont matter to me, the fact we kept going to the end is what pleased me.
Old 08-09-2020, 20:29   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
leeds playing a young side dont matter to me, the fact we kept going to the end is what pleased me.
Agreed Cashy...you can only play the team in front of you....minutes on the pitch for players before Saturday's big game.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 20:54   #52
Senior Member+

Did Leeds misread U-21 as U-12? Oh well, who cares

Though I do think perhaps we should have saved some of those goals for Saturday

On Stanley On!!
Old 09-09-2020, 06:02   #53
Full Member+

Out of the 14 lads who got game time yesterday, 8 could still play U23s football.
I don’t mind having the academy teams in the competition for various reasons (good test for them, us, potential loan targets etc) however agree that Leeds fielding an 18s team isn’t the best circumstance.

One of the fortunate ones to have been last night; shape looked more fluid tonight with players interchanging and covering each other. Burgess looks a really good signing, not afraid to get forward, solid in the tackle and vocal. Cassidy and Charles has some good link up play, Uwakwe oozed skill and composure. Think we missed Conneely Saturday just to act as an outlet instead of playing long balls, and it was clear last night that having a holding midfielder in the side will be a huge benefit.
Some really good competition for places now in the squad with Finley,McConville, Pritchard and Bishop among others to still become available.

Viva Accy. Could we....
chevyfire likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:55   #54
God Member

..What a 'yee beaut' result. Had my cow cockie friend, who is a Leeds supporter, ringing me within minutes of full time making excuses....been kicked in head one too many times by his cows I think....
AccyMad, cashman, pifco and 1 others like this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:50   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Out of the 14 lads who got game time yesterday, 8 could still play U23s football.
I don’t mind having the academy teams in the competition for various reasons (good test for them, us, potential loan targets etc) however agree that Leeds fielding an 18s team isn’t the best circumstance.

One of the fortunate ones to have been last night; shape looked more fluid tonight with players interchanging and covering each other. Burgess looks a really good signing, not afraid to get forward, solid in the tackle and vocal. Cassidy and Charles has some good link up play, Uwakwe oozed skill and composure. Think we missed Conneely Saturday just to act as an outlet instead of playing long balls, and it was clear last night that having a holding midfielder in the side will be a huge benefit.
Some really good competition for places now in the squad with Finley,McConville, Pritchard and Bishop among others to still become available.

Viva Accy. Could we....
I like the look of this system as I have said before last season we were wide open to the counter attack as we constantly played down the flanks, one important position in this system is the attacking midfielder behind a mobile front two I thought Sangare fit it well last night but we have options there as well, Saturday big test for our young side against Posh.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:51   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
don,t blame leeds, blame the system for it being allowed. think the majority of league 1 and 2 fans were against it from the outset and i cannot imagine even leeds fans getting too upset about last nights result apart from a few.
AccyMad and pifco like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:54   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
totally agree. too many teams more or less declare nowadays once they get 4 goals and more or less just play out the rest of the game in some non contact type training session.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:46   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
don,t blame leeds, blame the system for it being allowed. think the majority of league 1 and 2 fans were against it from the outset and i cannot imagine even leeds fans getting too upset about last nights result apart from a few.
Totally agree, they should never have messed with the structure of the competition but once they did they should have made sure that rules were adhered to by all involved.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:43   #59
Senior Member+

No one learned anything from last night least of all the young Leeds lads just fed to the wolves.
Disgraceful to be honest that could destroy some of these lads psychologically.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:48   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

Viva Accy. Could we....
Josh - I don't think a 16 year old centre forward (who looked 14) was ever going to trouble the back three do you ? Utter waste of time. Why enter the competition when clearly they weren't going to take it seriously ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..