Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2020, 10:05   #61
God Member

Re: Game against Leeds u-23,s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
No one learned anything from last night least of all the young Leeds lads just fed to the wolves.
Disgraceful to be honest that could destroy some of these lads psychologically.
It totally wrecks the integrity of the competition but as far as the youngsters from Leeds are concerned apart from getting a thumping they will have loved that experience I know I would have far better for them than an age group game or any training routine. Not much good for us except for stretching the legs and the confidence booster of scoring goals will have done Cassidy and Uwakawe no harm at all.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2020, 10:27   #62
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight; Why enter the competition when clearly they weren't going to take it seriously ?[/QUOTE]

thats back to my old arguement that you should apply to enter a knock out competition in the first place and not be automatically entered. if a club is willing to lose sponsorship money by not entering then so be it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:39   #63
God Member

Exclamation Re: Game against Leeds u-23,s.

I bet Uwakwe is gutted about the game last night

Must be sick as a parrot after scoring his first hat-trick.........

Exile on Spencer St and pifco like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 15:29   #64
Full Member+

I wonder what the Leeds supporters think of their young lads being sent to a game without a single player with real league experience I doubt it gives them confidence in their academy being able to attract keen able youngsters to the club in the future.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 15:41   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
It totally wrecks the integrity of the competition but as far as the youngsters from Leeds are concerned apart from getting a thumping they will have loved that experience I know I would have far better for them than an age group game or any training routine. Not much good for us except for stretching the legs and the confidence booster of scoring goals will have done Cassidy and Uwakawe no harm at all.
Well I've spoken to a couple of fathers of the Leeds lads today and they are seething.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 16:01   #66
God Member

Quote:
Well I've spoken to a couple of fathers of the Leeds lads today and they are seething.
That's parents for you I,ve seen them come to blows over kids in sporting events of many kinds , it's the kids themselves who should be speaking up.
Old 09-09-2020, 17:17   #67
Senior Member+

Yeah ..... these 16 year olds should speak out .....
Oh my.
Old 09-09-2020, 17:24   #68
God Member

Quote:
Oh my.
Stop mollycoddleing them their young adults I was working full time at 15 like I have said before if there good enough they will make debuts never stopped Ball and Peters and we won the big one which on last night's efforts against Denmark we are a million miles away.
Old 09-09-2020, 18:17   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Oh my.
well if they cannot speak for themselves they are 16 going on 10,
Old 09-09-2020, 19:36   #70
God Member

Ian Holloway gave debut last night to 15 year old school boy Louis Boyd who scored for Grimsby on his debut good old Ian Holloway and the lads parents were delighted.
Old 09-09-2020, 20:55   #71
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Old 09-09-2020, 21:13   #72
Full Member+

I accept that many young players have come through and become world class players but most of them were blooded in teams that had a fair number of experienced players.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 21:35   #73
Full Member+

Stanley may have eased off 2nd half a bit however put 7 past Bolton so it wasn't that much of a humiliation.

Most of these lads may never play against a professional team if it wasn't for this competition, so will have something to look back fondly when they are playing in the Northern Counties East or West Yorks AFL and working in an office.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 21:41   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
I accept that many young players have come through and become world class players but most of them were blooded in teams that had a fair number of experienced players.
Correct.
The parents were seething because the intention in this tournament by Leeds was allegedly to blend youth with more experienced players plus use the over age rule instead of which we can see what happened.
Old 09-09-2020, 21:42   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Ian Holloway gave debut last night to 15 year old school boy Louis Boyd who scored for Grimsby on his debut good old Ian Holloway and the lads parents were delighted.
Surrounded by seasoned pros.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..