Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2005, 11:41   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: Ged Brannan

It was in Friday night's Stanley programme that Ged may be going to Morecambe but cannot until the transfer window in January, so in the meantime he is playing for Radcliffe.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2005, 11:44   #17
God Member

My apologies, I didn't buy a programme on Friday so didn't know about that. Just hope that wherever Ged ends up he gets to play regularly, he deserves it.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 20:50   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
Why do you think that every player who leaves us is going to come to Morecambe? You slag our lads off whenever we play you yet you're waiting like vultures for any who venture away!
Nonsense! Your club has our utmost respect (please forget that 'we hate stanley garbage, we don't), in Football you'll always get a clash of opinions
We're two Lancashire sides trying our best to hit the big time and should any of your decent strays head our way then i'd welcome them with open arms if they are likely to improve our status in the League.

Brannan is a very decent player and who wouldn't be interested in him?
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 10:04   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDHAMADE
Nonsense! Your club has our utmost respect (please forget that 'we hate stanley garbage, we don't), in Football you'll always get a clash of opinions
We're two Lancashire sides trying our best to hit the big time and should any of your decent strays head our way then i'd welcome them with open arms if they are likely to improve our status in the League.

Brannan is a very decent player and who wouldn't be interested in him?
OK, I apologise again and I agree with you Ged is a very decent player - as to who wouldn't be interested in him unfortunately for Stanley the answer to that is John Coleman
Old 13-10-2005, 10:55   #20
Resting in Peace

And me!Give me a fit Proccy, a hungry Craney, an all action Barry or a tigerish Jaggers any day.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 11:17   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
And me!Give me a fit Proccy, a hungry Craney, an all action Barry or a tigerish Jaggers any day.
I'll agree with you on Proccy, Jags & Craney but 'all action Barry' - when did you see that then Redraine? In my opinion the lads very over-rated, yes he can run & he can even get the ball but he's then at a loss as to what to do with it, his distribution is at best average and at worst very poor indeed
Old 13-10-2005, 11:18   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
OK, I apologise again and I agree with you Ged is a very decent player - as to who wouldn't be interested in him unfortunately for Stanley the answer to that is John Coleman
I dont think John Coleman disliked Ged, I think its that at Geds age he doesnt really want to be sitting on the bench week in week out, and its just another wage Stanley have to pay For somebody playing in the reserves.
Old 13-10-2005, 11:36   #23
Resting in Peace

yes he can run & he can even get the ball

Exactly!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 12:07   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
yes he can run & he can even get the ball

Exactly!
You've conveniently only quoted half of what I said about Anthony Barry - it's no use getting the ball if he then hasn't a clue what to do with it and nine times out of ten when he tries to pass it, the ball ends up with an opposing player Just my opinion but I really don;t think he has what it takes
Old 13-10-2005, 12:18   #25
God Member

he is young and with some good team work IMO I really don't think we have seen the best of barry yet!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 12:35   #26
God Member

Yea I know he's only young but he seems to be Coleman's new 'golden child' - and at the moment I really can't see why.
Old 13-10-2005, 14:32   #27
Senior Member+

if anything anthony barry is under rated!! He breaks up the opposition play and feeds the wingers. IMO he was what we missed last season a real terrier in midfield and he is one of the reason we are doing well this season....Claude Makelele eat your heart out
Old 17-10-2005, 17:12   #28
Junior Member+

Ged has been training with Morecambe's first team squad.
Gnasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 17:19   #29
Full Member+

Ged Brannan is siging a deal with Morecambe until the end of the season.
Under the transfer window rules he is unable to sign until 1 November.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 09:43   #30
God Member

Your gain - our loss, good luck again Ged hope it all works out for you

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..