Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2015, 09:00   #46
God Member

Re: General Meeting!

I am going to go against the grain ithe 0404 investments name scares me everybody knows putting money into stanley isn't an investment .what we need to know what percentage of money they want back. Which safeguards are going to be made that if the ground is bought from the council that a dodgy investment firm cant buy it ,then try to rent it back out to stanley raise the rent then fold the club due to owed rent. I don'trust anybody in football after the rangers debacle.
maccawozzagod and Redash like this.
Old 25-10-2015, 09:11   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Let,s hope if the takeover is successful that we all get behind the new regime and maybe some of the stay away fans or all of them for whatever reason :ie Don,t like Coley, don,t like the present regime, or whatever they did,nt like start to return ..........
As a famous advert once said............. EXACTLY.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 11:56   #48
God Member

I can understand any fan's concerns, given what has gone on and will continue to go on with football clubs (or rather their grounds), and new owners.
But, if I was a property developer or asset stripper, I doubt if either The Crown Ground or Stanley would be considered a 'prize'.
Even assuming you could reverse the Council's planning policy that the land is and should remain 'open space', I doubt if a hectare or so of former brickworks would be worth the aggro or much money, after having to pay for a replacement ground for the club, at whatever level it happens to be playing at, and any remediation of the ground.
Time will tell but, if the new owner is as genuine as some people on here say he is, I wish him good luck.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 14:59   #49
Full Member+

Couldn't agree more Andyd whatever happens at the meeting or how much money is moved around what the club needs most is more fans through the turnstiles. Let's hope that the news coverage of the meeting may refresh interest in the club.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 18:52   #50
God Member

A winning team does bring more fans in but investment and ideas helps to keep them. Whilst I'm chuffed that someone is finally interested in putting cash ou way, I am also wary of any company holding a massive controlling interest in the club AND owning the land. There would be nothing to stop him selling up to a housing developer looking to extend the brickwork estate. IF the council catagorically state that the land use cannot be changed then I'm ecstatic. However, there could be a plan to sell the land and use the cash to develop out of town - a council change of use refusal would kybosh that!

As a fan we have little sway on the matter either way and can only enjoy the ride until (if) it crashes.

This Holt chappie seems to be a good egg who knows what he's doing. IMO we need infrastructure and revenue before players and stadia, so I look forward to seeing what new blood think is the way forward.
mab and ianray like this.
Old 26-10-2015, 17:47   #51
Super Moderator

Looks very promising to me!

Potential new investment ? Accrington Stanley FC
Old 26-10-2015, 18:03   #52
Senior Member+

I thought that the land is for only sporting purposes so can't be used for housing etc?

Could be wrong though!
Old 26-10-2015, 18:21   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I thought that the land is for only sporting purposes so can't be used for housing etc?

Could be wrong though!
Probably so,its trusting HBC thats dodgy.
Old 26-10-2015, 20:59   #54
God Member

[QUOTE=baldy;1153441]I thought that the land is for only sporting purposes so can't be used for housing etc?
QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Probably so,its trusting HBC thats dodgy.

Both of the above are correct.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2015, 05:30   #55
God Member

Watching from outside the Bubble that is ASFC this is a Genuine chance to chance to bring the Club into the 21st Century with investment that not only settles the "Old" Debts once and for all but bring fresh investment into the Club.

The Club celebrates the Decima Dinner next month 10 Years in the FL which is a fantastic achievement but is light years behind in areas off the pitch and infrastructure hopefully what will follow is a New Broom to bring the Club bang up to date in terms of ideas, interactions as well as professionalism and become what it really should be the Jewel in the Crown of Hynburn.

Good Luck for the Future On Stanley On!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2015, 07:48   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
As a famous advert once said............. EXACTLY.
Does that mean you will be returning Smudgie?
Old 28-10-2015, 08:47   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Does that mean you will be returning Smudgie?
Unfortunately I now work most Saturdays..... But I may return to midweek fixtures.
cashman and smobile like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2015, 18:04   #58
Senior Member+

Anybody from off here gone to the meeting tonight?
Old 28-10-2015, 19:43   #59

no response eh, Baldy - guess all the locals are there. We'll just have to be patient
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2015, 19:45   #60

Shareholders approve investment ? Accrington Stanley FC

Great news
Wynonie Harris likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..