Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2015, 20:54   #61
Senior Member+

Re: General Meeting!

Fantastic news!

Lets hope the stay away fans like Smudgie says, do return and put differences aside and really back the new board!
cashman likes this.
Old 28-10-2015, 20:58   #62
Full Member+

It was a good meeting in so far that no question was dodged, Andy was honest about what he may do and what he could not do straight away. I think the meeting revealed just how dedicated many of the people from board level down to volunteers have worked just to keep the club ticking over. It certainly showed where the club was lacking in basic structure. However The club is now debt free and has a few bob to spare for improvements. Andy said he was working with others on a structure plan to put the club on a better financial business footing. All in all if the promises come to fruition it looks like bright future.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2015, 21:48   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Also J.C. said he was 100% behind the guy, so that should please some.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 29-10-2015, 12:04   #64
Senior Member+

Coley hails investment ? Accrington Stanley FC

Glad Andy Holt isn't planning on giving Coley and open cheque book but instead concentrating on the basics like facilities etc that will create money in time to be generated into the playing squad!
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 29-10-2015, 12:13   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

A Holt talked a lot of of sense as far as i'm concerned, very optimisitic about this move.
Wynonie Harris and smobile like this.
Old 29-10-2015, 12:49   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
A Holt talked a lot of of sense as far as i'm concerned, very optimisitic about this move.
If you're optimistic I think you need a lie down Sir!!
Old 29-10-2015, 16:40   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Coley hails investment ? Accrington Stanley FC

Glad Andy Holt isn't planning on giving Coley and open cheque book but instead concentrating on the basics like facilities etc that will create money in time to be generated into the playing squad!
This is SO important. Any bandwaggoners will be looking for signings and a 3 tiered Clayton End but then dissappear when winter comes. Hundreds of pounds into infrastructure used right will create thousands for Coley
Redash likes this.
Old 29-10-2015, 16:59   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
This is SO important. Any bandwaggoners will be looking for signings and a 3 tiered Clayton End but then dissappear when winter comes. Hundreds of pounds into infrastructure used right will create thousands for Coley
Thing is sensibly, not a great deal will happen until the ground lease situation is sorted. That is not a great deal will happen for people to see, but much will behind the scenes.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-10-2015, 17:25   #69
Senior Member+

Accrington Stanley boss feels proposed investment will signal 'one of the biggest events' in club?s history (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Good interview with Coley!

Like the sound of a potential training ground, Could be the bridge to the community that we have lacked in recent years, if built right could be a great revenue stream!
Old 29-10-2015, 21:03   #70
I am Banned

Let's not get ahead of ourselves the deals still yet to be approved by the FA and football league, anything could happen still
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 07:32   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves the deals still yet to be approved by the FA and football league, anything could happen still
As far as I know, He's not Italian and he's paid the VAT on his speedboat, so I reckon we'll be okay..............
cashman likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 08:59   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Well yesterday Farley,s solicitors were instructed to start to pay of all the outstanding loans and debt so Mr. Holt must,nt think there will be a problem and neither does I.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 09:13   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
As far as I know, He's not Italian and he's paid the VAT on his speedboat, so I reckon we'll be okay..............
seeing as he,s a local bloke and not some dodgy foreign guy as above or someone who wants us to play in blue I,m not too sure. the fa seem to like all chancers like fifa do.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 10:14   #74
God Member

Even by the quirky FA & Football League rules I think they would struggle to block this
Old 31-10-2015, 09:03   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Heard nothing but good things about Andy Holt from a few different people!

Hopefully the start of something special!
Andy Holt is a local chap who lives in Read. I don't know much about Accrington Stanley but Andy seems a really nice chap who is down to earth and doesnt flaunt his wealth. He comes in the Read Club and has a game of pool and a drink with us. You woudnt know he had a few bob if you were stood at the bar with him. I hope his input of money gets Stanley up a tier in the league.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..