Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2013, 16:55   #16
Full Member+

Re: George Bowerman.....More Firepower !!

Hope he is the cavalry that we have been waiting for.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2013, 17:13   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
You really are a glass half empty type aren't you !!! Where did you glean that load of garbage from???

Read the following article from about halfway down......just goes to show Davo that you really do talk from your nether regions......

BBC Sport - Walsall's youthful football winning fans and awards

I particularly noted the following snippets from that article:

Quote: "George is a natural finisher, who will stay out after training for hour after hour, working the keepers," added Smith.

AND

Quote: "There is an infectious enthusiasm and obvious desire to succeed about Bowerman, who was used as an impact player last season but worked hard over the summer to improve his game, putting in extra training sessions and hiring a personal trainer. After training on Thursday he was heading straight to the gym for an extra weights session."

Sounds a lazy so and so doesn't he Davo !!!

Of my Walsall supporting friend and here as well on the main Walsall forum
upthesaddlers.com ? View topic - george bowerman leaving

and
http://www.upthesaddlers.com/bb/view...erman#p1048658

But how can hundreds of Walsall fans be right, your imagination must be right Carpon?

Now repeat what that forum says back to me, I want to make sure you understand
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 17:40   #18
Full Member+

It's nothing to do with imagination Davo...... I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and the chance to prove themselves before I hang them out to dry.

And I wouldn't take the word of a few cretins who post on a website....after all....every website has them.....what some of them know about football would fit on the back of a 1st class stamp

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 21:08   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
It's nothing to do with imagination Davo...... I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and the chance to prove themselves before I hang them out to dry.

And I wouldn't take the word of a few cretins who post on a website....after all....every website has them.....what some of them know about football would fit on the back of a 1st class stamp
Couldn't agree more but they won't have as big a cretin as DAV007.Wonder if we could transfer him for a decent figure?Hell let him go on a free!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 21:37   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Couldn't agree more but they won't have as big a cretin as DAV007.Wonder if we could transfer him for a decent figure?Hell let him go on a free!!!
Although Dav is contentious and to many, including myself on occasions, a real blot on the landscape, he is as we have all agreed entitled to his opinions and to air them on this Forum.
On this occasion I must say in his defence that the use of the word Cretin to describe another human being is both derogatory and demeaning and well below the standards which one hopes will regulate the contents of posts on our Forum.

(n.b. Cretin...
A person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 21:45   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Although Dav is contentious and to many, including myself on occasions, a real blot on the landscape, he is as we have all agreed entitled to his opinions and to air them on this Forum.
On this occasion I must say in his defence that the use of the word Cretin to describe another human being is both derogatory and demeaning and well below the standards which one hopes will regulate the contents of posts on our Forum.

(n.b. Cretin...
A person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.)
Stand corrected....apologies to DAV007....can I call him a pillock (idiot)but just a mo I think it used to mean penis,so I suppose that's out!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 21:55   #22
Senior Member+

Sorry for breaking the love in about a new signing and explaining why he didn't make it at Walsall and what the majority of fans thought of him.
BTW, have any of you researched why he didn't last long at Woking? Look into it.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 22:47   #23
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

He Just needs a bit of Stanley TLC and a sence of belonging to somethink special
ossy kid and DAV007 like this.
Old 23-10-2013, 01:25   #24
Senior Member+

Love it Mab. Give the lad a few games and then we'll make our own minds up. Lots of effort, a few goals and he do.
mab likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 18:55   #25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
All subject to "international clearance"!!

Now where's that password!!
I ponder whether its appropiate for a club official to be commenting on this?
HiHoUpTheStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 20:07   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoUpTheStanley View Post
I ponder whether its appropiate for a club official to be commenting on this?
What's it matter? just a bit of light hearted banter.
I think you should lighten up a bit.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 20:13   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
What's it matter? just a bit of light hearted banter.
I think you should lighten up a bit.
Now now,all the clowns aint in the circus.
Old 24-10-2013, 22:20   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Now now,all the clowns aint in the circus.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]Welcome back owd lad !!...but HiHo-up Cashy had you noted that this lad ( or lass ??) is another ponderer !..and we are a dying breed as you well know !!. But haven't you found that one can ponder too much and find oneself not pondering about the subject which was being so earnestly pondered over in the first place....Alfred.E. and I do it all the time !.
Our current ponder is 'Why is it OK for some young, good looking FL2 chaps when a goal is scored, to kiss and fondle each others bodies with gay abandon on the Soccer pitch ?'... which never happened when we were lads !...but Heigh Ho !.

accueillir de nouveau !.. as we say in t'Valley.

Last edited by yonmon; 24-10-2013 at 22:29.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 07:51   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]accueillir de nouveau !.. as we say in t'Valley
Bloody fairies!.... as we say in Clayton.
yonmon and DaveinGermany like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 09:20   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest had never heard of this young lad Bowerman, But to me its obvious to all but the mentally challenged, That whatever the lad may or may not have done.? He has come aboard the Stanley wagon,despite being able to get more dosh elsewhere, So that tells me the lad is keen to learn from J.B.and on that basis alone, that will do fer me.
MikeA, yonmon and Chubbyman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..