Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2013, 15:32   #31

Re: George Bowerman.....More Firepower !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest had never heard of this young lad Bowerman, But to me its obvious to all but the mentally challenged, That whatever the lad may or may not have done.? He has come aboard the Stanley wagon,despite being able to get more dosh elsewhere, So that tells me the lad is keen to learn from J.B.and on that basis alone, that will do fer me.
As usual. Disagree with Cashman and you're mentally deficient.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2013, 15:40   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
Never mind if it makes yeh happy.
Old 25-10-2013, 16:09   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
By the way, it seems yeh aint got the I.Q. to say why yeh disagree?
Old 26-10-2013, 02:10   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Sorry for breaking the love in about a new signing and explaining why he didn't make it at Walsall and what the majority of fans thought of him.
BTW, have any of you researched why he didn't last long at Woking? Look into it.
I've researched the Woking element,looking on numerous websites and, other than seeing he only played two games for them , I can't seem to find any reason why he left them??

Maybe as the font of all footballing wisdom, you would care to post something credible to substantiate your argument???

By credible, I mean reliable information from a reliable and trusted source. Not the inane ramblings of a few postings on other websites or the word of mouth from a "friend in the know".

If you read the link I posted, the words quoted from his former manager and the journalist who wrote the article, are totally contrary to all you suggest.

If you read the article on the fishy...it seems several clubs wanted his signature and a move to the Scottish Premier League was scuppered by "red tape".

If he, as you suppose, has a "reputation for being lazy", why would his signature be sought after???

Prove your argument with some credible and believable factual information.......

Or as per, you are talking a load of garbage.
Chubbyman likes this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 26-10-2013 at 02:19. Reason: spelling
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 08:45   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I've researched the Woking element,looking on numerous websites and, other than seeing he only played two games for them , I can't seem to find any reason why he left them??

Maybe as the font of all footballing wisdom, you would care to post something credible to substantiate your argument???

By credible, I mean reliable information from a reliable and trusted source. Not the inane ramblings of a few postings on other websites or the word of mouth from a "friend in the know".

If you read the link I posted, the words quoted from his former manager and the journalist who wrote the article, are totally contrary to all you suggest.

If you read the article on the fishy...it seems several clubs wanted his signature and a move to the Scottish Premier League was scuppered by "red tape".

If he, as you suppose, has a "reputation for being lazy", why would his signature be sought after???

Prove your argument with some credible and believable factual information.......

Or as per, you are talking a load of garbage.

His reliable source is probably J(bloody)C
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 12:24   #36
God Member

the interesting thing for mě from this signing, is whether BT has abandoned his penchant for background checks and signing only 'nice lads'?
MikeA likes this.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 26-10-2013 at 12:26.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 16:31   #37
Senior Member+

Carpon gives more credit to an article written by 1 person instead of the opinion of hundreds of Walsall fans.
Im with you Carpon.

In other news, Carpon believes the world is flat because he read it in one article despite the opinions of hundreds of other people!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 16:33   #38

Quote:
Carpon gives more credit to an article written by 1 person instead of the opinion of hundreds of Walsall fans.
Im with you Carpon.

In other news, Carpon believes the world is flat because he read it in one article despite the opinions of hundreds of other people!
Does it matter we won FULL STOP

I for one am ecstatic and still thinking positively.

3pts to the Stanley Boys!!!
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 17:18   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Im with you Carpon.

DAV007 you only give credit to the opinions of one poor unemployed sole!!!
P.S. Glad your score prediction was wrong and mine right.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 17:20   #40

from what a saw of george today, i can't wait for him to get matchfit,
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 17:36   #41
Senior Member+

teabag

I never questioned his ability, I simply made some factual statements about why he didn't make it at Walsall and ask fans to investigate for themselves why he left Woking.

Clearly Im a terrible person for reporting what Walsall fans though of one of their own home grown players.

Then again, some of our fans think 2 wins in 14 games is excellent so I will say no more.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 17:41   #42
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I will say no more.
5 .... 4 .... 3 .... 2 .... 1! Wanna bet?
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
Old 26-10-2013, 17:43   #43
Resting in Peace

He looked a real footballer to me today!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 17:45   #44
God Member

Quote:
teabag

Then again, some of our fans think 2 wins in 14 games is excellent so I will say no more.
But undefeated in 4 is pretty dam good..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 18:00   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

I doubt very much if anyone thinks thats excellent, but if it suits yer agenda. Plus yeh reported what yeh say was 100s of Walsall fans, to make yer point seem ok, I don't think fer 1 min that 100s are known to you,even on the net,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..