Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2004, 15:22   #1
Senior Member+

Gerrard...

According to the Stanley website we are going to sign Anthony Gerrard, Steven's cousin, on a months loan....looks promising.....

Bad news is Hacker is out for 6 weeks but Proccy is back in training.....

See here www.accringtonstanley.co.uk
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2004, 15:35   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: Gerrard...

At 18 years old he is hardly the experienced centre half that we have needed, and now need more than ever with the injuries that we have. But having said that let's all get behind him and give him a good welcome to Stanley and judge him on performances. Let's hope that there is more to come.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 16:31   #3
Senior Member+

neither was kempson, id still love to see him bak.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 17:10   #4
Senior Member+

As has been said in other threads about J.B. - lets give the lad a chance and hope he comes good.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 17:22   #5
Senior Member+

if hes as good as his cousin then i think the conference better watch out hehe
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 17:40   #6

Thumbs up Re: Gerrard...

His CV certainly sounds impressive - fingers crossed eh?

And if Hacker wants me to nip up to Crawley and break some legs - how long will it take him once recovered to get match fit?? Pee off Barra and bring back Smithy..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 13:36   #7

I've never seen him play myself but judging by reports i've had from friends who watch everton reserves youre gonna be in for a treat!!
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 16:34   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staveros
I've never seen him play myself but judging by reports i've had from friends who watch everton reserves youre gonna be in for a treat!!
Unfortunately the premiership reserve games are very different from the first team league games at this level. They just seem to be able to do what they want in those games. Young Steve Vaughan Junior (yes the chairman’s son, who recently signed for us) has proved that, as he seems to have no incentive to tackle anyone, which when your a right back is a problem, because, obviously in the reserve games he used to play for Liverpool there was no need to do much tackling... so he just backs off and backs off until someone else runs in to tackle them. Thankfully he didn’t play on Saturday... Best thing that can happen with him is that he's sent off to Vauxhall motors or somewhere on loan to mature, like happened to Danny Collins, who is now a defensive rock as a result of it.

Hopefully though, this Gerrard will do the trick for you and play well, but just don’t expect him to be fully matured to the physical side of the game straight away. though I really do hope he does play well for you

Last edited by Chester Guy; 07-09-2004 at 16:38.
Chester Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:51   #9
Senior Member+

yeh i agree with chester guy, reserve football and first team are totally different, thats y i say get smithy back from barrow!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:00   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie
yeh i agree with chester guy, reserve football and first team are totally different, thats y i say get smithy back from barrow!!!
Conference North football and Conference football are totally different, that why I say leave Smithy at Barrow
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:16   #11
Full Member+

It took Kempson a few games to adjust to Conference football from Preston youth/reserve games, but he did so and he would be a popular player to get back on loan.

Unlike Jody Banim, Gerrard looks sure to start in the next few games. Let's hope he's a quick learner!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:02   #12
Senior Member+

He's gotta be nicknamed "Stevie"...........................

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 21:32   #13
God Member

Gerrard now added to profiles on official site
Old 11-09-2004, 22:56   #14

Big, strong and a football brain - wouldn't be suprised if he were to make it big-time in a few years. Reckon Coley's dun great to borrow this talent for a few weeks.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 13:08   #15

So he was good then?
Chester Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..