Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2013, 12:49   #1
Senior Member+

"Get Paul Cook In"

Sheffield Wednesday Fan suggesting the smooth one as Manager

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:17 PM
I live in Chesterfield and he has got them playing brilliant attacking football just like he did at Accrington .
A manager with loads of passion is just what we need .

See

Get Paul Cook in - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MATCHDAY - Owlstalk

To see what they think

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2013, 13:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: "Get Paul Cook In"

he is a good manager, and I seem to be in a minority for being thankful for what he did at Accrington.
got nothing against the bloke.
A lot better than dave jones.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 14:20   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as i'm concerned the only credit i give "Snake" is the great improvement of our playing surface, As fer being thankful fer less than a full season in charge n then jumping ship, no way. I know loyalty is a thing of the past these days, but less than a season is very poor. Mind he will probably do the same trick on Chesterfield if a club with even more money comes along.
Old 22-09-2013, 15:59   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as i'm concerned the only credit i give "Snake" is the great improvement of our playing surface, As fer being thankful fer less than a full season in charge n then jumping ship, no way. I know loyalty is a thing of the past these days, but less than a season is very poor. Mind he will probably do the same trick on Chesterfield if a club with even more money comes along.

Says that he'd be free to coach them any other day of the week... but due to mid-week shopping he'll not be able to manage Wednesdays !.

Last edited by yonmon; 22-09-2013 at 16:01.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 16:39   #5
God Member

Quote:
he is a good manager, and I seem to be in a minority for being thankful for what he did at Accrington.
got nothing against the bloke.
A lot better than john coleman.
Got to agree there. The most entertaining football Stanley have played in the last couple of seasons was under Paul Cook. I don't understand this ongoing animosity towards him. If I was offered twice the money and better conditions for doing the same job as I am now I'd be off like a shot.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 17:33   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Got to agree there. The most entertaining football Stanley have played in the last couple of seasons was under Paul Cook..
Whoa there, Trigger, just hold on for a minute.
By mid October, in the twelfth and thirteenth game of last season, I had the distinctly unpleasant experience of watching two of the most abysmal performances I've ever seen from a Stanley team. I didn't boo but I walked out of the latter game early so painful was it to watch.
Let's not get all nostalgic about Mr Cook just yet, some of have yet to lose our memories completely.
cashman, yonmon, ianray and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 09:19   #7
I am Banned

this is for those Paul Cook lovers. If he's that good then why did he leave Stanley with an inexperienced squad, plus we where playing bad football, results where bad. Beattie is the right man for us, yes we aren't getting points but results will come sooner rather than later. Plus Beattie's aiming high, he wants whats best for stanley. Cook did not give a crap about Stanley.... the only thing he gave a crap about was himself and his career. That's why he left, didn't put enough heart into the job.
AccyMad, cashman and kristo1 like this.
accytom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 12:20   #8
Senior Member+

Didn't Paul Cook start getting the lads to eat in the Crown Pub, so the money went back into the club instead of paying outside caterers?...Little things like that can be massive for a club like Stanley!
DAV007 likes this.
Old 23-09-2013, 12:40   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

So send him a thank you card.
accytom101 likes this.
Old 23-09-2013, 15:55   #10
Senior Member+

Paul Cook, hated by some for having more ambition than the club.
And this rubbish about leaving us with an inexperienced side, it was certainly better than the current dross we have playing for us this season.
Old 23-09-2013, 16:08   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Paul Cook, hated by some for having more ambition than the club.
And this rubbish about leaving us with an inexperienced side, it was certainly better than the current dross we have playing for us this season.
I know it musta been really hard fer yeh to keep yer biased gob shut davo, bet yer hoping it wont be long now?
Old 23-09-2013, 17:46   #12
Senior Member+

Why bring Paul Cook back surely we can place our own bets now!!!!!!!
accytom101 likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 17:55   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Paul Cook, hated by some for having more ambition than the .
I must buy an up-to-date dictionary, as I always thought ambition was a commendable trait.
Cook played for Stanley under Professor Coleman, and I don't believe the club's financial state was much different then than it is now, so can we all agree that he must have known exactly what he was doing when he applied for the vacant manager's job. Are you saying Cook returned to Stanley expecting the club to match his 'ambition', but somehow it failed to do so? Or did he return simply to get back to England (don't forget, they've driven all the snakes out of Ireland before) and, at the first opportunity, ditched this club for more money. Don't mistake that for 'ambition', Davo, it's a very common practice amongst bankers and such like but usually goes by another name.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 22:58   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I know it musta been really hard fer yeh to keep yer biased gob shut davo, bet yer hoping it wont be long now?
What are you on about now?
Old 23-09-2013, 23:02   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I must buy an up-to-date dictionary, as I always thought ambition was a commendable trait.
Cook played for Stanley under Professor Coleman, and I don't believe the club's financial state was much different then than it is now, so can we all agree that he must have known exactly what he was doing when he applied for the vacant manager's job. Are you saying Cook returned to Stanley expecting the club to match his 'ambition', but somehow it failed to do so? Or did he return simply to get back to England (don't forget, they've driven all the snakes out of Ireland before) and, at the first opportunity, ditched this club for more money. Don't mistake that for 'ambition', Davo, it's a very common practice amongst bankers and such like but usually goes by another name.
Paul Cook got the opportunity to manage a club in Chesterfield who had a bigger crowds, a good ground and training facilities, probably a good budget for league 2 level, A better squad and lots of ambition to get back into league 1.

I don't see how anyone could have expected him to stay?

So Cook left us to be the manager of Chesterfield.
Your beloved Leam Richardson left us for the ambition to be assistant manager!
If that's not a worse reason to leave Stanley, I don't know what is.

And some of you call Cook the snake and refer to Leam as if he was your boyfriend. I don't get it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..