Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2013, 08:53   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Gillingham match thread

Just wondering whether the weather will come into play, were we have been hit by snow the south has been hit by torrential rain, might be worth keeping an eye on the weather before anybody decides to travel
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2013, 09:59   #17
Senior Member+

According to the weather folks, it is the south west that will be hit worst, but of course, wi' all the snow up here, who's saying the fans can get there in the first place. Good luck to all those that venture south and hopefully come back with 3 more points in the bag.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 11:19   #18
God Member

Thanks to the Gills fan for the heads up. Have just rung the club and the away fans will be put in the very end section of one of the covered stands along the side of the pitch, but will have to enter the ground in the usual place (i.e. at the end of Priestfield Road).
This may be in response to weather forecast.
At the moment it's cold but dry but rain is forecast for later today, continuing all night, becoming heavy in the morning and turning to heavy snow by Saturday lunchtime....
Kent is the one place I lived in the UK where, when bad weathetr comes, it can be bad. Recall Maidstone being completely cut off by snow one weekend...
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 15:34   #19
Junior Member+

Good that we have put you in the covered standard as it will be a cold up there on the open stand. We have done it before when the numbers of travelling away fans is not expected to be high (no disrespect intended by that comment).

It could also be that they want to use the normal away stand to house Gillingham supporters. Its rare that it is opened up to Gillingham fans but it was for the last home game. Ticket sales look good so we will see if any poor souls are in the open stand.

Weather at the moment in Kent is OK, cold but no rain or snow. That's is forecast overnight but mainly as sleet. The pitch will be covered so as long as its not torrential then I think we should be OK

Safe travels.
markinkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 16:10   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just wondering whether the weather will come into play, were we have been hit by snow the south has been hit by torrential rain, might be worth keeping an eye on the weather before anybody decides to travel
Hi Gills fan here, we've had no rain today (so far) or yesterday in this part of Kent.

However, rain is predicted overnight that may or may not turn to snow tomorrow morning. The forecasters saying that the snow may just miss this part of the South-East.
moodyblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 07:26   #21
Junior Member+

Just a quick update on the the weather. We have no snow lying on the ground but it has just started snowling lightly. At the moment I would say game on but I think we just need to see how it develops. Forecast still has light snow/sleet. If I were a betting man I would say game on but with a fair risk of a late postponement.

Summer football anyone ?
markinkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 09:08   #22
Senior Member+

Would not surprise me to see game postponed 'DUE TO SAFETY REASONS'. Hope not, the team have got a chance to shine and get themselves further away from the relegation spots. Here's hoping we don't have to go on a Tuesday night!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 09:18   #23

Game is ON. No pitch inspection needed. Snow has turned to rain, surrounding roads are clear.
moodyblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 13:32   #24

Barnett in for Boco.... tbh I had forgotten he still played for us!
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 13:41   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Barnett in for Boco.... tbh I had forgotten he still played for us!
I hope he does actually "Play" fer us today Tom, Will be the first time fer awhile, Hes better n what hes shown this season i reckon.
Old 23-03-2013, 14:26   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Gills 1-0 Fish, Hope we aint had our chips.
yonmon likes this.
Old 23-03-2013, 15:42   #27
Senior Member+

28 Stanley Fans have braved the weather !!....WELL DONE !! to them all !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 15:59   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Ruddy typical, went fer em in second half n were best side according to BBC stats,
Old 23-03-2013, 16:01   #29
God Member

Did not expect anything from this game, but good thing is that we appeared to carry on recent form - got to be a good sign for games to come

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 16:32   #30

Played em off the park in the second half and they were celebrating like they'd won the league at full time. We were lucky not to concede two in the first half before the goal, but their goal was worthy of winning any game. Will play a lot worse this season and get something from it. Long trip home to Devon now, but confident we will stay up after performances and effort like that. Our heads never dropped. Looked like nicking a point right up to the final whistle.

Onwards and upwards - one happy, confident and proud Stanley fan tonight.

Keep the faith.
Redraine likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..