Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2013, 19:24   #1
Resting in Peace

Gillingham match thread

We've got them feeling nervous!
"On Saturday we play a team which is fighting for its very survival - their players will suffer a substantial drop in income should they be relegated and, seriously, I would take 1 point now from the game.
It's not easy to play against a team at the bottom of the league. Accy will, no doubt , play with 9 men behind the ball and try to nick something on the break.
I expect a very tough game."
Read more: GillsConnect.com Message Board - Facts
How should we play this one against the top of the league? They must be a bit off form at the moment, although they are surely bound for L1. I would favour going after them from the kick off again. It's no time for half measures!
Mind you, I was always a risk taker.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2013, 19:41   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Gillingham match thread

Nervous or not the Gills, Stanley must go at em from the off, We need a result more than they do, Its that simple,is my view.
Old 20-03-2013, 20:01   #3
Senior Member+

Agree with you Cashy, we can't afford to sit back and defend. If we go behind it will give them a boost and be difficult for us to come back BUT if we can press them back and grab a goal it may deflate them????? Well we can dream right. I think the Reds are full of confidence right now and looking forward to a challenge.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 20:24   #4
Senior Member+

Let them think we will play with 9 men behind the ball.
yonmon likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 20:50   #5
Senior Member+

Taking a cold look at this match, it is obviously not a game we would expect to come away with any points,
nothing expected jubilation at anything else, on the plus side the Gills may find their defence disrupted with their tall defender Andy Frampton missing, by virtue of a red carded awarded at Rochdale on Tuesday night, what’s the score on Nicky Hunt
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 21:14   #6

Re: Re: Gillingham match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
We've got them feeling nervous!
"On Saturday we play a team which is fighting for its very survival - their players will suffer a substantial drop in income should they be relegated and, seriously, I would take 1 point now from the game.
It's not easy to play against a team at the bottom of the league. Accy will, no doubt , play with 9 men behind the ball and try to nick something on the break.
I expect a very tough game."
Read more: GillsConnect.com Message Board - Facts
How should we play this one against the top of the league? They must be a bit off form at the moment, although they are surely bound for L1. I would favour going after them from the kick off again. It's no time for half measures!
Mind you, I was always a risk taker.
Pah substantial drop in income if we got relegated - most of our lads could make more money in the conference - say what you want they aint here for the money !
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 21:16   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Pah substantial drop in income if we got relegated - most of our lads could make more money in the conference - say what you want they aint here for the money !
Well they are from Kent Sam, What the hell do they know?
Old 21-03-2013, 04:46   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well they are from Kent Sam, What the hell do they know?
French?
LongLostSon and Revived Red like this.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 15:55   #9
God Member

we aint got the confidence, ability or nouse to play 'different' tactics week in week out so I dont subscribe to any kind of defending what you've got (a point) at the start. Hit 'em hard, hit 'em frequent and keep at 'em

Accy Ob reckons they've four or five out as a result of knocks picked up at Rochdale.

On a side note, Gills Player (the online listening contraption thing) sent me an email a couple of weeks back offering a free month trial, so I'll be seeing if that is still current so that I can listen in for free. I'll post a link if it is and you can all register then. I believe that membership of one is applicable to all clubs so it could be used to listen to the next months worth of away games for all the non-travellers
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 17:31   #10
Senior Member+

Attack is THE best form of defence!! Nuff said.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 20:34   #11
Junior Member+

Hi all thought I'd register for a bit of friendly banter and offer any help for any of your travelling fans. Its an interesting game and with our home form being a lot worse than our away form so anything could happen. Lots of team have come to Gillingham and taken 1-0 wins this season and it wouldn't be a shock if you did as well. For those who have been to gillingham before then you know that you are normally in the open temporary stand behind the goal. Although I have hunch this year you may not be. The end block of the small stand that runs down the side is unavailable on the online system so I think you might be going in there and the open stand made available to Gills fans. We'll see.

Safe travels for those who are coming down and if you need any help or advice (where to park, drink, etc.) give me a shout.

Should be a good crowd this week as we have kids for a £1 and with just over 10,000 for the last home game we are hoping for something close to that again.
mab likes this.
markinkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 22:38   #12
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I think this is a winable game,two win on the bounce scoring goal for the fun of it a new found believe with in the team!! and a Gill's team feeling a bit of a nervy run in , 1 win out of the last five outings. We need to go for it from the off
Old 22-03-2013, 07:16   #13
God Member

The team that turned up on Tuesday could beat anyone in this league and impressively so. More of the same please.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 07:32   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The team that turned up on Tuesday could beat anyone in this league and impressively so. More of the same please.
No doubt at all, But reckon Boco will be a big miss.
Old 22-03-2013, 07:44   #15
God Member

No doubt cashy, though the players who came off the bench on Tuesday all played just as well which is encouraging.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..