Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2021, 09:57   #46
God Member

Re: Gills match thread

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;
As has been previously mentioned, we are trying it seems to fit our best 11 players into a system that may not suit them.
McConville in particular has struggled in the CM roll. A switch with him and Pritchard is a possibility.

for me sean is a wide player and always will be. pritchard however has improved on last season by playing wider also. so who do you play there. for me you cannot accomodate both on the pitch together as you take away something from both players by playing em centrally.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2021, 11:38   #47
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1249248][QUOTE=StanleyJosh;
As has been previously mentioned, we are trying it seems to fit our best 11 players into a system that may not suit them.
McConville in particular has struggled in the CM roll. A switch with him and Pritchard is a possibility.

for me sean is a wide player and always will be. pritchard however has improved on last season by playing wider also. so who do you play there. for me you cannot accomodate both on the pitch together as you take away something from both players by playing em centrally.[/QUOTE]

Agree Josh.
Pritchard was the shock for me yesterday - hardly involved and when he was poor.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 12:04   #48
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1249248][QUOTE=StanleyJosh;

for me sean is a wide player and always will be. pritchard however has improved on last season by playing wider also. so who do you play there. for me you cannot accomodate both on the pitch together as you take away something from both players by playing em centrally.[/QUOTE]

It also shows that with Sangare and Sheriff injured does Coley not rate or think any of the younger ones are ready to step up.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 12:35   #49

Why did Gillingham's assistant manager get booked, it didn't seem like they had much to moan about? I could have seen it being John or Jimmy instead!
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 15:00   #50
Super Moderator

As far as I saw and I'm aware; the only dug out issue was an official warning given to Steve Evans after 35 seconds for a volley of foul and abusive language which everybody in the ground heard
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 15:38   #51
Senior Member+

The main problem for our team shape yesterday was getting the right balance across the midfield four but also fitting the right players into those roles. I would say that we have our best goalkeeper now playing well in Baxter. The back three is sound with, from the left, Burgess...Hughes and either Nottingham or Sykes. Conneely is a successful fixture in the deep midfield role. Bearing in mind that I don’t think that Wing Back is the correct role for Sykes and with the current crop of injuries to our midfield players and yesterday having to make that early change for Butcher, I would have started or moved Sykes to/at Right Back and Nottingham at Right Centre Midfield. Pritchard and McConville are much too similar to each other to play them adjacent to each other so I would have brought on Uwakwe for Butcher and played him wide on one wing and McConville on the other but with the freedom to swap wings freely. Pritchard’s role in this arrangement would be for him to cover as much ground as possible being creative in a free roaming way whereas Nottingham could have stayed more pivotal in the central role that Butcher has been playing so well recently. Bishop and Charles paired up front is an obvious choice too. Gary Robert’s as first choice sub is versatile and experienced enough to replace all but the three at the back plus Conneely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A1F3748B-E936-413F-817D-266B7ED60BEF.jpeg (928.5 KB, 8 views)
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 17:48   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
As far as I saw and I'm aware; the only dug out issue was an official warning given to Steve Evans after 35 seconds for a volley of foul and abusive language which everybody in the ground heard
Couldn't hear him on iFollow but you didn't need to be an expert in lip reading to get the gist - disgusting individual!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 18:49   #53
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Their assistant manager or coach definitely got a yellow.... I’m sure of it this time !!
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 09:11   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Their assistant manager or coach definitely got a yellow.... I’m sure of it this time !!
yes it was big gob rayner. no matter how succesful him and the fat man are i would not want em within 100 miles of any club i supported. most managers at times let it rip but those two put it to another level.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..