Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Chubbyman
  • 2 Post By VALAIRIAN

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2014, 13:38   #1
Senior Member+

Glasses - half-full, half-empty, rose-coloured?

So, as we won't be eating our fingernails this afternoon, what are we hoping for by way of results? For example:

Pompey v Carlisle: Carlisle, so Pompey stay below us, or Pompey, so Carlisle stay well below us?

Bury v Cambridge: Bury, so Cambridge stay below us, or Cambridge, so Bury stay not too far ahead?

I think a glass half-full chap or chapess would go for Carlisle and Cambridge, while the half-empties would go the other way.

Which are you
Old 01-11-2014, 14:04   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Glasses - half-full, half-empty, rose-coloured?

If we're pushing for the playoffs anyone ahead of us would be better off losing.Accy have a strong squad and need to fear no one in this league.All I would like to see is when we go in front to go for the throat and kill the opposition off ,but we tend to sit back and we're not the best at it ,keep the ball on the ground and play football and as I say we have no one to fear and probably have the best pitch in the league a credit to Buzzer.
mab and DAV007 like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 14:22   #3
Senior Member+

Three-quarters full at least Chubby!
Old 01-11-2014, 14:37   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
If we're pushing for the playoffs anyone ahead of us would be better off losing.Accy have a strong squad and need to fear no one in this league.All I would like to see is when we go in front to go for the throat and kill the opposition off ,but we tend to sit back and we're not the best at it ,keep the ball on the ground and play football and as I say we have no one to fear and probably have the best pitch in the league a credit to Buzzer.
2-0 Up on 10 minutes and we battered Morecambe for the next 35. Should have been at least 4 up at halftime, if that is not going for the kill matey, I do not know what is

Best footy I have seen in ages - just my opinion
yonmon and football19 like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 14:39   #5
God Member

Smile Re: Glasses - half-full, half-empty, rose-coloured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
So, as we won't be eating our fingernails this afternoon, what are we hoping for by way of results? For example:

Pompey v Carlisle: Carlisle, so Pompey stay below us, or Pompey, so Carlisle stay well below us?

Bury v Cambridge: Bury, so Cambridge stay below us, or Cambridge, so Bury stay not too far ahead?

I think a glass half-full chap or chapess would go for Carlisle and Cambridge, while the half-empties would go the other way.

Which are you
Not bothered either way, all we can affect is our own games

Bet you are suprized to hear that

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 15:26   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
2-0 Up on 10 minutes and we battered Morecambe for the next 35. Should have been at least 4 up at halftime, if that is not going for the kill matey, I do not know what is

Best footy I have seen in ages - just my opinion
It wasn't carried on the same in the second half ,Stanley sat back a lot that's not going for the kill!!!(Like you it's just my opinion)
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 15:40   #7
Senior Member+

Always been an "half full glass" bloke ------ only another 27 points to avoid relegation
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:10   #8
Senior Member+

Don't care really, but yesterdays results didn't do the Stanley any harm at all. Still top half of the table and not too far behind the play offs!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..