Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 09:31   #1
Resting in Peace

Goalkeeper situation

For the first time in ages it seems to me we have the luxury of being able to play either of two really competent keepers. I was watching Ross during the Bristol warm up and he was extremely well fired up, literally bouncing with energy around the box. With every cross that was slung in he was letting out a fierce growl as he caught it, as if to say " that's mine and it's going to hurt if you get in my way"! Every time he then viciously crashed the ball way down the pitch left footed with his body almost parallel to the ground. Most impressive, and I wasn't surprised he went on to give a good performance in the game. He won't be giving the starting position up easily. I hope our goalies won't be judged purely on how many clean sheets they keep though. Look at Rob Elliot currently MOM in almost every game for the Barcodes but unable to compensate for a frail defence. Not that I'm saying we have a frail defence, mind.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2016, 09:56   #2

Re: Goalkeeper situation

Although he didn't have much to do in terms of shot stopping/saves, what he did do was excellent. Seemed to have confidence to go get the ball/claim a cross when appropriate -something that maybe Mooney isn't best at. Also don't remember any of his kicks or clearances going out, and his distribution to our fullbacks was excellent. Impressive debut.

None of the above reflects badly on Mooney, but there is no way Ross can be dropped today.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..