Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 08:28   #16

Re: Golden Turnstile V Darlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post

Just spoilt the experiance for the wife doubt she will go again but I'll work on her
Ohhh eerrrr missus
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2009, 08:31   #17
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device we paid to get in and wasn't asked about seating or standing as usual nor the stewards either. We sat in front of goals without problem, there was plenty of seats so couldn't see a problem if u wanted to sit seems the stewards were a bit ott as it wasn't an enforced thing last nite than usual.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:32   #18

Exactly (in scouse accent)
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:33   #19
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device u should of tried sneaking to seats at half time lol.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:38   #20

Thought of that but had a nice spot leaning on the red rail behind lol.

Can someone just explain the situation to me regarding seats don't mind paying extra to sit.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:44   #21
God Member

Smile Re: Golden Turnstile V Darlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Thought of that but had a nice spot leaning on the red rail behind lol.

Can someone just explain the situation to me regarding seats don't mind paying extra to sit.
You would have to confirm with the club, but I am sure that when you pay in the Clayton End, you are asked and then get a ticket either way... Like StanleyMad said last night was a bit O.T.T. From some stewards, could not handle the huge crowd

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:06   #22
God Member

it doesn't cost any extra to sit or stand (so why all the bother). I've always just paid my £13 and then got asked 'sitting or standing' and they give you the ticket. It's time they just stopped bothering with it and let folk come and go as they please
Old 12-09-2009, 09:07   #23
God Member

Here here....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:34   #24

Thanks for the replies if he had said go back and get a ticket I would have I didn't know what he was on about but his attitude was poor and I didn't want to cause a rumpus in case I got chucked out lol.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:43   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It's just a shame that this scheme wasn't explained properly to the people working on the 'golden turnstyle'. As a season-ticket holder I chose to pay on the gate. In fact I actually paid £20 last night for my entry fee, but I was told that I didn't qualify for a raffle ticket as that was only for people who put money into the bucket.

If people were 'donating' by paying over the odds, I doubt many would also put money into a bucket too.
Someone got that one wrong then, I paid to get in and I got a ticket.
Did you hand your season ticket stub in?
Did you go in via the usual gate?
I queued up at the 1st one because there was a bit of gold tinsel there, thought that was the golden gate but it wasn't, had to join the queue again at the normal season ticket gate

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:48   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Someone got that one wrong then, I paid to get in and I got a ticket.
Did you hand your season ticket stub in?
Did you go in via the usual gate?
I queued up at the 1st one because there was a bit of gold tinsel there, thought that was the golden gate but it wasn't, had to join the queue again at the normal season ticket gate

I went through the normal season ticket turnstile, which did have a bit of golden tinsel pinned to it.

I was told that it was ticket 15 and when I asked if she wanted the stub as well as my £20, she said, "I think so..... ummmmm.... never mind"

I'm not blaming any individuals here, but I wish they'd get these things clarified in advance, then everyone knows what's happening.
Old 12-09-2009, 14:31   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
it doesn't cost any extra to sit or stand (so why all the bother). I've always just paid my £13 and then got asked 'sitting or standing' and they give you the ticket. It's time they just stopped bothering with it and let folk come and go as they please
It's not exactly difficult to see if all the seats are full is it
Old 12-09-2009, 15:12   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
these are simple things to resolve, keep people happy, do NOT understand em at all.
Old 12-09-2009, 17:28   #29
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Right have explanation sort of basically some of the seating area was ear marked for college kids with tickets for the match, dont ask was something to do with commercial dept, which left mick n his team with a safety issue as notification was a bit late leaving chief safety officer with a potential head ache hence precaution on that area before kick off, with it being a potentially a big gate increase. Hope that explains things a lil
Old 12-09-2009, 17:49   #30
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

college kids with tickets for the match, dont ask was something to do with commercial dept

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..