Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 16:01   #1
God Member

Smile Golden Turnstile V Darlo

Another FANtacstic gesture from the club

Save our Stanley
Thursday 10th Sep 2009

Golden turnstile on Friday night
Both the Clayton Terrace and the Main Stand will have a Golden Turnstile for the match against Darlington on Friday evening, for any season ticket holder wishing to pay instead of using their voucher or any supporter who will consider paying above and beyond the standard price of match day admission.

All going through the turnstile will receive a raffle ticket and at half time there will be a draw on the pitch, with the winner receiving a signed shirt, and two runners up prizes of hospitality for two in the Buy-the-House Lounge at a future game and a mascot package.

There have been suggestions made to the club that both ideas may be of interest to supporters, and so we would like to offer something back to those who choose to do so.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2009, 16:02   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Golden Turnstile V Darlo

Just beat me to it
Old 10-09-2009, 16:07   #3
Member.

Bu**er......Can I have a ticket - I won't be there but I'll be paying my gate via Paypal....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 16:08   #4
Super Moderator

Nice idea. Proves the club are showing a bit more savvy regarding good customer relations!
Old 10-09-2009, 16:31   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i must be due to win summat wi a ticket, last time was 72 n won a bottle of rhubarb wine which was like knats. good move by the club.
Old 10-09-2009, 16:55   #6

The first and the last match my wife attended was a free game against Torquay a couple of seasons ago. It rained heavy the whole game and she swore she would never go again.
I have managed to persuad her to go to the Friday night game against Darlington,so if you see someone knitting ,or reading the OK magazine while the match is on I will be sat next to her. At least we will have a roof over our heads this time. Good luck Reds, dont let me down.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 18:28   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
or reading the OK magazine while the match is on
I'm going on Friday to support the cause. Do you reckon she will have finished reading it before half time so I can borrow it
Old 10-09-2009, 18:46   #8
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm going on Friday to support the cause. Do you reckon she will have finished reading it before half time so I can borrow it
I'm sure we could find you something constructive to do......... You can abuse the Ref in my absence....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 16:54   #9

Doug i'll be more than happy to abuse the referee on behalf of you if lancsdave gets his OK magazine :P
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:41   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I'm sure we could find you something constructive to do......... You can abuse the Ref in my absence....
that was the only downside tonight, thought the ref had a decent game.
Old 11-09-2009, 22:46   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that was the only downside tonight, thought the ref had a decent game.
Bobby Grant didn't think so
Thankfully the ref missed Bobby's words of 'encouragement'.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:00   #12
Senior Member+

It's just a shame that this scheme wasn't explained properly to the people working on the 'golden turnstyle'. As a season-ticket holder I chose to pay on the gate. In fact I actually paid £20 last night for my entry fee, but I was told that I didn't qualify for a raffle ticket as that was only for people who put money into the bucket.

If people were 'donating' by paying over the odds, I doubt many would also put money into a bucket too.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:52   #13

That's not good TM it sounds simple enough on the website why do they complicate things ? We paid £40 to get in gave 2 £20s said keep change for the fund, then some steward in clayton end said we couldn't sit down unless we had a ticket !!! I said how do I get one or can I pay more to sit as the wife preferred to I was just told no we had to stand. This is the sort of stuff I don't miss about Stanley the guy was an arse sorry if he's someones dad on here but I felt like chinning him, we went an hour before kick off so we could sit as well.

Are seats just for season ticket holders ? I then saw loads of Bury fans sat on seats !!! Nice gesture them coming but not good upsetting local fans returning really.

Last edited by Shurm; 12-09-2009 at 05:54.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:10   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post

Are seats just for season ticket holders ? I then saw loads of Bury fans sat on seats !!! Nice gesture them coming but not good upsetting local fans returning really.
I qued up at the turnstle and paid £13. we didnt know there we were supposed to be 2 prices and no one explained anything to us about tickets. There were 12 of us and we got in at kick off.

We didnt mean to upset any regulars, we didnt even know you needed a ticket. We just walked in the turnstile went to the left and walked around the front and into a seat. No one said we couldnt so we certainly didnt intend to upset anyone.

Last edited by carlmason; 12-09-2009 at 07:13.
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04   #15

Not your fault pal at all thanks for going, it's the stewards not knowing their arse from their elbow even if they were working for free they need to be a but more helpful. I gathered later as I watched people walk round he obviously had given up getting abuse or been told to let people sit down if they wanted.

Just spoilt the experiance for the wife doubt she will go again but I'll work on her
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..