Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2019, 09:14   #1
God Member

Gone for a Burton match thread

Just thought I’d better start this to save Kiwi John the bother of having to get out of bed.
Hope all those lucky enough to be there enjoy the match!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2019, 12:01   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Gone for a Burton match thread

expecting a good un today Burton tend to attack.
Old 29-12-2019, 14:41   #3
God Member

Sean you feckin beauty !!!!!!!
choirboy likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 15:23   #4
God Member

YESSSSSSSS-Sykesy !!!
choirboy likes this.
Old 29-12-2019, 15:55   #5
God Member

Wow, another brilliant result. Well done lads, and lassies!
sherry and choirboy like this.
Old 29-12-2019, 15:58   #6
God Member

GREAT result Men in Red. Happy happy, joy joy.
sherry and choirboy like this.
Old 29-12-2019, 16:00   #7
God Member

Just 7 pts off the play offs..
choirboy likes this.
Old 29-12-2019, 16:25   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

good day, hughesy was poor though, ross MoM. his dad said he was only 80% fit, good job or we would have really murdered em.
yonmon, sherry, choirboy and 1 others like this.
Old 29-12-2019, 17:03   #9

Enjoyed the game. 2 good footballing teams. Over the whole game we deserved the win as we created more chances than them! Agree Ross Sykes was outstanding today winning everything against physical and attacking players. Hughes although we love him does seem not quite up to previous seasons high standards.
Dion works very hard for the team, so does zanzala although oz's end project is erratic!
It's a funny game on form Stanley 14 points in 6 games where as I was tad worried previously with 15 points in 17 games. I just needed to keep the faith!
From last season you do need to do what we are currently doing a grind out the points when the going is good!
I will say it quietly but I think Bursik has played a big part in helping are form improvement.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
cashman likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 17:07   #10
Full Member+

Another great result and battling team performance against a team of spoilers continually feining injury. Well done the Mighty Reds.
AccyMad likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 17:08   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

seems to me like our defence has more confidence in young Bursik?
accytom18 likes this.
Old 29-12-2019, 17:29   #12
Senior Member+

It's true, Stanley were the best team by miles, however, to temper that, we need better officials, the assistant on the Eric Whalley stand side was completely useless and didn't know the offside rule. He let Burton play on when they were clearly offside in the first half and dropped a huge clanger in the 2nd half when Ozzy scored (or thought he had, as did the stadium announcer). He waved his flag for offside so much in the 2nd period, I thought he was going to break the flag.
Overall and enjoyable game against a physical and theatrical Burton. Ross deserved his M.O.M. Bursik commanded his area and nothing was going past him. Looking forward to 2020, although I cannot be at the match on new Years Day due to being in bonny Scotland, kids eh! To all the Stanley family, players, management fans etc etc i hope you have a wonderful New Year and plenty of joy in 2020

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 17:37   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
It's true, Stanley were the best team by miles, however, to temper that, we need better officials, the assistant on the Eric Whalley stand side was completely useless and didn't know the offside rule. He let Burton play on when they were clearly offside in the first half and dropped a huge clanger in the 2nd half when Ozzy scored (or thought he had, as did the stadium announcer). He waved his flag for offside so much in the 2nd period, I thought he was going to break the flag.
Overall and enjoyable game against a physical and theatrical Burton. Ross deserved his M.O.M. Bursik commanded his area and nothing was going past him. Looking forward to 2020, although I cannot be at the match on new Years Day due to being in bonny Scotland, kids eh! To all the Stanley family, players, management fans etc etc i hope you have a wonderful New Year and plenty of joy in 2020
That useless pillock looked about 5 yards behind the line of play when Zanzala scored a beauty, he should be ashamed of himself imho.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 29-12-2019, 19:00   #14
God Member

Watching the very brief highlights (below), it appears that Zanzala is just offside when the pass is made. But then the ball hits the Burton defender, who dived in to try and intercept it, before it reaches Ozzie.
Thought the offside law said that you’re not offside if an opponent “deliberately” plays the ball last. The Burton player may not have controlled the ball but surely he deliberately meant to play it?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ton-2-0-burton

Comments from ref experts?
Old 29-12-2019, 19:07   #15
Senior Member+

It was a fully deserved victory and three points for the boys in red today.
Stanley started well and dominated for a good twenty five minutes with the dynamic Sam Finley dominating play. When Burton started to get a bit of possession ironically we scored our first goal. It was Sean Mac playing a great ‘one two’ before slotting the ball in for a well deserved lead. We should have been a couple of goals up by half time on the balance of play.
We started well in the second half but the game became a bit of an ‘end to end’ affair. Stanley scored the all important goal with a towering header from the superb Ross Sykes. Ross fully deserved his MOM award today.
After we scored Burton looked really tired and ragged which is testament to the fitness of our team and to their corporate desire to win the match. Ozzy’s ‘goal’ would have made the score line three nil which would have been a fair reflection of the match.
We are putting together a tidy unbeaten run and we are at the top of the ‘form league’ which must make Coley a red hot candidate for Manager of the Month for December. However, the boys must not slip up against Rochdale on New Year’s Day or our recent performances would be undermined.
COME ON STANLEY
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH

Last edited by choirboy; 29-12-2019 at 19:10.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..