Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2012, 10:53   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Graham Westley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Having said that, I hope they stay up. Don't want that ego maniac visiting us next season!!
If they stay up, I'm hoping that he will be visiting us next season!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2012, 11:06   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
If they stay up, I'm hoping that he will be visiting us next season!
Yep that would be summat. Sparkies not looking ahead.
Old 14-01-2012, 14:11   #18
God Member

Good start

GOAL: Preston 0-1 Wycombe : Trotta (8)
Old 14-01-2012, 14:26   #19
God Member

good
Old 14-01-2012, 23:47   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Good start

Bad Finish Though. Made worse by Satanage also.
Old 14-01-2012, 23:47   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Good start

Good finish
Preston 3 Wycombe 2

Westley's managerial record is superb, despite the loathing of him by Stanley fans. Good appointment for PNE in my view (being a PNE fan).

Threads like this don't do Stanley fans any favours. A bit like the Sean McConville thread. Shows a bit of a lack of class from an otherwise classy fanbase.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 07:29   #22
Senior Member+

There are only 5 things in football I hate Larry. Steve Evans, Westley, Mark Roberts, Satanage, and Mcconville, nobody else gets stick off me.

Make no mistake they deserve it after their comments about us.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 10:41   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
There are only 5 things in football I hate Larry. Steve Evans, Westley, Mark Roberts, Satanage, and Mcconville, nobody else gets stick off me.

Make no mistake they deserve it after their comments about us.
Life's too short to hate, mate! Even I don't hate S.Mac.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 10:46   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Good finish
Preston 3 Wycombe 2

Westley's managerial record is superb, despite the loathing of him by Stanley fans. Good appointment for PNE in my view (being a PNE fan).

Threads like this don't do Stanley fans any favours. A bit like the Sean McConville thread. Shows a bit of a lack of class from an otherwise classy fanbase.
Or show lack of humour from planks.
Old 15-01-2012, 16:23   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Or show lack of humour from planks.
Is that some sort of insult aimed at me? Unnecessary really.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 16:39   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Is that some sort of insult aimed at me? Unnecessary really.
Take it how yeh want,its of no consequence to me.
Old 15-01-2012, 17:10   #27
Senior Member+

Can I just point out that Preston were managed by Alexander and the other guy yesterday, Westley was in the stands and takes charge from Monday. God help all at Preston and all who sail with her.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 17:24   #28
Senior Member+

I am with you on this Alan,Acci men seem to hate him,but I rate him,gets the best from his players and creates a siege mentality.
Given time at preston,he will do well and have them organised and hard to beat(bit like coley in a way -- believe a lot of teams dont like him!!
See Jons doin well,lot of lads on here liked him,except when he plays against us.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 12:38   #29
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Can't understand why people don't like him ?,his players seem to respond to his methods,which are based on shape and hard work,good luck to him I say ,don't know how bigger name players will respond tho to training 9 till 5 tho
Here are a couple of reasons why people don't like him.

Last weekend, at the same time as the Daggers ran out at Carrow Road in the FA Cup 4th round, Farnborough Town were at home to Arsenal in the tie that had gripped the public imagination since the draw was made. Except of course they weren't at home, the game was at Highbury.
A lot was written about the switch before the game saying it was a sell out of the old trophy and destroying the magic of the cup. I was very against the switch and felt that selling the slim chance that Boro had of a result for the benefit of the added gate receipts from Highbury was wrong, but at least I could see the logic of taking over half a million pounds to make the club secure.
After the game Farnborough manager and chairman Graham Westley, the man who had been instrumental in moving the game said when asked where the money was going that it would "go to pay off the club's creditors." Given that the club's major creditor was Westley's own company AIMITA and the the supposed reason for the switch was the crumbling state of Boro's Cherrywood Road ground, this raised a few eyebrows.
His further comments about Farnborough not sharing his ambitions raised them even further. Westley famously predicted Boro would be in the Premiership within ten years of him taking over, a standing joke in non-league football.
What has happened since the weekend has, though, been pure Machiavelli.
On the Move On the Monday after the cup game rumours surfaced that Westley would be taking over at managerless Stevenage Borough. Given his ownership of Farnborough he was unable under FA rules to do this, yet on the Tuesday this was confirmed.
Westley issued the following statement to explain his departure: 'I've enjoyed my time at Farnborough but I feel that I need to move on now and that I need to concentrate on football management which is where my ambitions lie. Doing two jobs is unrealistic at this level and above. Especially when you run another business too. I've invested much of my life into my dual role at the club in the last three and a half years and I hope that the successes which have come about have made the fans happy and have earned me some respect. When I arrived in 1999, the club was on its knees."
"As I depart, I believe that the club is in fantastic condition relative to the starting point. It has won things, enjoyed the highs of the Cup 4th round, should finally be close to being debt and liability free and has a great chance of pushing for the play offs. With a strong local leader, it may even be able to convert the current board's spadework into a new ground in the next few years."
"As soon as it is practicable, unless a better solution emerges for the club, it is currently my intention to gift the shares that I own to the other existing shareholders (the club's fans) and leave the club to build on the foundations which have been laid."
"I hope that everybody will be able to recognise the footballing goodwill in this." he added.
Help yourself Control of Farnborough Town FC was confirmed as being transferred to Company Secretary Richard Robinson while Westley's company AIMITA remained the main sponsor.
Several other directors of FTFC resigned their positions and on Thursday Robinson cancelled the contracts of five players, Steve Watson, Micky Warner, Barry Laker, Garry Holloway and Justin Gregory, all of whom featured in the FA Cup tie just days before saying that they were no longer required by the club and they could not demand a transfer fee for them.
Then today, surprise surprise. it appears that at least four of the five have now signed for Stevenage Borough.
There is a lot more to come from this story, which is developing day by day, but it seems clear Graham Westley has ensured that Farnborough's game at Arsenal on Saturday is indeed the biggest in their history by dismantling the club in the week after. He seems to have pocketed the money from the tie to pay off "creditors" i.e AIMITA and picked up free of charge the players he wants from the Farnborough squad.
Is there not some kind of rule against this? Where are the FA?
If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat... As a postscript to the story so far, Stevenage Borough, currently languishing in the Conference drop zone, have won just 6 games this season, two of which have been wins over Farnborough. One of those wins stands out like a beacon, Stevenage 5 Farnborough 0 on the 28th December 2002, a day after previous Stevenage manager Wayne Turner was fired and a week before Farnborough won through to the FA Cup 4th round by beating Darlington.
Anyone smell a rat?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 12:53   #30
Senior Member+

Amen Jeff.

People like Westley & Evans should be banned from the game, forever.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..