Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2006, 17:11   #1

Great Win Today

Thats a fantastic result for us and another top team laid low.

I must say it went a bit quiet round the ground after half time when everyone was still stuffing their faces, and Stanley lost focus but when the crowd woke up again they went for it and took the game.
Never say Die !
Dont dribble off to the pub with 3 mins to go boys
You`ll miss all the fun.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2006, 17:48   #2

Re: Great Win Today

How can you call todays match a great win, thought we were very lucky to get the 3points. We played like a sunday morning pub team, and got away with it. Against a big team like that, we need to keep the ball on the ground not in the air like we did.
All in all i thought it was a dire performance.
Old 30-09-2006, 18:11   #3
Resting in Peace

Come off it, Denise! We played some great football, epecially in the first half after weathering the early storm. Nobody complains more than me about constantly hoofing the ball upfield, but when Paul Mullin wins everything in the air, the it's a legitimate tactic to use. Not that we did it to excess today in my opinion - some of the quick-fire triangles between Gary, Boco, Mully and Craney had the Wycombe defenders chasing shadows.
I think we should all be very proud of how the team has recovered from a shaky start to the season and I for one was thrilled with today's win. Can't believe you came away with such a negative attitude.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 18:14   #4
Senior Member+

Zero was referring to the result, not the quality of the match. Read the original post again.

I thought we played ok in parts today, especially in the final 25 minutes of the first half. You have to remember that the starting team we had out today was playing Conference football last season (and in previous seasons too), whilst Wycombe have been pushing for promotion to League 1.

The most encouraging thing is that that's the second time this season we've won a game in the 90th+ minute, which clearly shows a never-say-die attitiude. Great finish by Mangan too.
Old 30-09-2006, 18:17   #5
God Member

I bet there's a lot of folk kicking theirselves for going early, there was a lot went before Mangans goal.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 18:18   #6
God Member

I wonder if there will be a link somewhere so as I/we can see the goal...???
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 18:44   #7
Member.

Can't believe people still leave early, I was kicking myself for not getting back in time to come over. It sounded that the game was a little hot and cold at times from Dan and Karen, for the time we actually had them on air. But at the end of the day the lads are getting time to horn their skills and are gaining valuable experience by playing and beating more experienced top table teams.

We do have days when they appear to be Sunday league, but then so do some league one teams. Personally I want these lads to drive the name of Accrington Stanley forward into the future as a team to be feared of. And as long as they keep it clean and fair I don’t care how they gain 3 points.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 18:55   #8
God Member

"Here @*%#&@# here."
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 18:57   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise
How can you call todays match a great win, thought we were very lucky to get the 3points. We played like a sunday morning pub team, and got away with it. Against a big team like that, we need to keep the ball on the ground not in the air like we did.
All in all i thought it was a dire performance.
A sign of a quality team is playing crap and still winning. Everyone has off days... and when you beat 3rd in the league on an off day think of what we can do at full pelt
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 19:28   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Thats a fantastic result for us and another top team laid low.

I must say it went a bit quiet round the ground after half time when everyone was still stuffing their faces, and Stanley lost focus but when the crowd woke up again they went for it and took the game.
Never say Die !
Dont dribble off to the pub with 3 mins to go boys
You`ll miss all the fun.
Think everybody was still recovering from the half time entertainment.

Those that leave early must be Blackburn fans, old habits die hard.

Great win, yes. Can we play better, yes.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 19:38   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey

The most encouraging thing is that that's the second time this season we've won a game in the 90th+ minute, which clearly shows a never-say-die attitiude. Great finish by Mangan too.
if you want to keep seeing last minute goals keep buying the fanzine, we sponser the sports drinks which apparently give that extra 10% so far this season theres been at least 6 points gained in the dying minutes!!!

slightly drunk after the win today so excuse my rambleings
Old 01-10-2006, 03:48   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy

Great win, yes. Can we play better, yes.
90 minutes of football needs 90 mins of support we got a good 60 out of Stanley today but for the first 30 mins of the 2nd half the crowd went TA TA.
I you want players coming off shagged and panting then you should be going home hoarse. It was a bloody hard gig for me tonight, bike festival as well, but the pleasure of getting the result made it worth it. Football is a kind of intense thing, I as a full time musician am limited to the amount of live footy I can attend, if I`m priveleged enough to be there I live it from arrival to departure. I dont want a beer, i dont want a burger, I dont even want a wee wee, I want it full on, 90 minutes of total absorbtion. I know paying £2.50 for a burger is probably making dosh for somebody but it`s sweet FA compared to 3 points in the bag.
Wycombe were a bloody good team, they were alert, they were fast, positioning was great and most people would say their talent should outclass us, but come to the final third and the reds had the measure of `em. They might have had more efforts, but they weren`t good efforts, and the goal was more down the accy sloppiness than Wycombe talent. And might I reinforce lack of vocal support from the restart. I`ve studied this to great extent no less than with the famous Notts County who in league 1 conceded nearly 80% of their goals in the first 10 mins after the interval. (they must have a good buger van) It happened to us against Boston, same dance, post interval brain fade, again with an uneasy silence around the ground.

What was wrong Oggy ?

In my opinion the big hoof up to Mullin is getting soooooo tired I could intercept from the stand. Other teams watch us and know what we do. Sometimes it brings the desired result , but whats wrong with rolling it out to the defence and coming up thru the team once in a while. When Stanley have got the ball on the ground playing sensible little passes that reach their target they look like friggin Brazil, but a lot of todays game was comprised of over ambitious long balls and chancey knock ons that would be absolutely marvelous if they came off, but against Wycombe who`s anticipation and reaction was top qualtiy they were long shots at least. That said we should be VERY proud to have scored 2 goals against such a capable team and it should ignite the belief for 2 more against Swindon, we know we can stuff Carlisle and then in my belief the biggest test of the season so far Walsall (CD Release date, come on lads you`ve gotta win that one).
Nice simple close passing, Pressure, Pressure, Pressure, Pressure, will bring us the desired results in any game and Stanley will earn the respect they deserve in this league.
Meditate on Triangles boys. Geometry and Art in perfect unison.
I didn`t say today was a work of art it was a bloody good result, down to resilience and desire, thank the lard our boys desire it more than you lot desire pies.

Hey that fat bald bloke who couldn`t hit a barn door was a good sport wasn`t he ? After all the stick he could still have a laugh with us 10/10.
(What were you calling his mum?)

On the down side, shouting jungle bunny and sausage lips at Wycombes coloured lads while rommy boco is waiting to score is just downright backward. If that`s the limit of your intellect stick to Dominoes.
[Edited for content]

Apart from that I had a brilliant afternoon and I hope you all did

Cheers
Loves to rant
Z

www.panjenix.co.uk

Last edited by ZOMBIE; 01-10-2006 at 09:51.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:25   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hey that fat bald bloke who couldn`t hit a barn door was a good sport wasn`t he ? After all the stick he could still have a laugh with us 10/10.
With over 150 Football League goals to his name, I don't think Mooney has anything to prove.

Quote:
On the down side, shouting jungle bunny and sausage lips at Wycombes coloured lads while rommy boco is waiting to score is just downright backward. If that`s the limit of your intellect stick to Dominoes. If Boco had scored same guy couldn`t wait to suck his ****************
Did you say anything to the culprits? Did you alert a steward? You can't expect to stamp out this type of behaviour if you don't take action yourself. Mind you, your use of racial stereotypes probably underlines your own opinions on this subject. I've reported this post to the Moderators.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:45   #14

[quote=Tin Monkey]With over 150 Football League goals to his name, I don't think Mooney has anything to prove.

He still has to prove he deserves his wages. Yesterday he didn't.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 13:15   #15

Quote:

Did you say anything to the culprits? Did you alert a steward?
I made it loud and clear what I felt at the time, but didn`t go crying to the teachers.

Quote:
Mind you, your use of racial stereotypes probably underlines your own opinions on this subject.
What is that supposed to mean ?
I object to racist abuse so that makes me a racist does it ?

www.panjenix.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..