Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2007, 22:08   #31
God Member

Re: gripe

so do you not agree with the team weve got now and the way we are playing we would struggle in the conference just look at grays last season when they beat us at the fes totally outclassed us apart from craneys goal they get rid of a few class players mclean etc just like we did craney etc and they are 4th bottom
Old 21-02-2007, 22:12   #32
Full Member+

I guess the bananas are bruised now,will they go off? Stick around to find out

I personally do agree with Coley about staying up being more of an achievment than winning the conference. Ok, were not winning alot, but we're playing teams that (in theory) are a higher calibre than before, and this is one step in a staircase of personal achievements for Stanley! A new challenge if you will...

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 22:20   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
so do you not agree with the team weve got now and the way we are playing we would struggle in the conference just look at grays last season when they beat us at the fes totally outclassed us apart from craneys goal they get rid of a few class players mclean etc just like we did craney etc and they are 4th bottom

they lost their manager who had taken up them up three leagues in about four years (sound familiar?)

they lost Thursgood, Kightly, McClean, the big striker who's name I cant remember but was summat like slapper!, around half a dozen longer serving peripheray players, the club is in turmoil due to possible ground relocation 15 miles down the road. I would doubt that many teams could come back from losses like that especially as they had very little infrastructure to begin with. At least we have a sound infrastructure (and not in debt or relying on sugar daddies such as Grays do) and the consistency of personnel. Again your doomsday scenarios do nobody any favours but are in fact total fabrication, pie in the sky, muck raking nothingness that are every bit as possible or unlikely as reaching the FA Cup semi-final and winning promotion to League One next season. Turn it in emoticon man cos its getting weary.
Old 21-02-2007, 22:26   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
they lost their manager who had taken up them up three leagues in about four years (sound familiar?)

they lost Thursgood, Kightly, McClean, the big striker who's name I cant remember but was summat like slapper!, around half a dozen longer serving peripheray players, the club is in turmoil due to possible ground relocation 15 miles down the road. I would doubt that many teams could come back from losses like that especially as they had very little infrastructure to begin with. At least we have a sound infrastructure (and not in debt or relying on sugar daddies such as Grays do) and the consistency of personnel. Again your doomsday scenarios do nobody any favours but are in fact total fabrication, pie in the sky, muck raking nothingness that are every bit as possible or unlikely as reaching the FA Cup semi-final and winning promotion to League One next season. Turn it in emoticon man cos its getting weary.
fair enough i hope stanley shove my criticsm down my throat should stick one of my posts on the wall in the dressing room and inspire them to escape relegation lets hope....
Old 21-02-2007, 22:28   #35
God Member

not a good idea, they'd be out of breath from the lack of punctuation!
Old 21-02-2007, 22:30   #36
God Member

but if you read and talk scouse its like scouse talk
Old 21-02-2007, 23:25   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
but if you read and talk scouse its like scouse talk
Errrm, not really pal, know what I mean, like

Your posts put me in mind of a horse called SHY TALK

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 23:55   #38

Despite recent events on the pitch I would rather stick with Stanley than Torquay, Rochdale or Wrexham!
Old 23-02-2007, 21:45   #39
God Member

id second that my griping is over now tomorrow is another game all we need is love .lets hope we get at least a point tomorrow 3 would be perfect i wonder what formation it will be tomorrow we are the reds we are the reds cmonstanley
Old 23-02-2007, 23:17   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
lets hope we get at least a point tomorrow 3 would be perfect
Yes, let's hope so, Bananahead. If we don't I've no doubt that you'll be back on here tomorrow night predicting imminent collapse, bankruptcy, fire, famine, pestilence and all manner of terrible fates for the club. Then, by next Friday you'll be telling us how you've changed your mind and you're filled with optimism about our prospects (accompanied, of course, by a chorus line of dancing bananas) and so it goes...

Have you ever considered medical help?
Old 23-02-2007, 23:41   #41
God Member

dont forget the smileys still cant wait till kick off. im not saying anything im focusing hopefully the players will be as well

come on you reds all out attack attack thets when we play best
Old 23-02-2007, 23:46   #42
Super Moderator

Quote:
im not saying anything
Makes a change for you, but I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.
Old 23-02-2007, 23:48   #43
God Member

your tempting me
Old 24-02-2007, 00:01   #44
Super Moderator

In that case, I also shall say no more. I like your new avatar, by the way...a very fetching shade of dark blue/black...I take it that's the flag of the Stanley Supporters Club (Manic-Depressives Branch).
Old 24-02-2007, 09:03   #45
God Member

ha ha ha today im happy cause its saturday and im going to the stanley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..