Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2019, 11:29   #16

Re: Ground developments 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
There was talk ( Rumour) of new hospitality area with windows to view the pitch Dave
No rumour Mab! It's on the fishy site under 'Hospitality Season Tickets'
Quote: 'Spend all home league match day or evenings with us in our glass fronted lounge, with fantastic views of the pitch.
Choose to watch the game from the warmth of the lounge, or from reserved guest seating on the half way line.
Blimey, they'll be adding prawn sarnies to the menu next!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2019, 17:47   #17
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
No rumour Mab! It's on the fishy site under 'Hospitality Season Tickets'
Quote: 'Spend all home league match day or evenings with us in our glass fronted lounge, with fantastic views of the pitch.
Choose to watch the game from the warmth of the lounge, or from reserved guest seating on the half way line.
Blimey, they'll be adding prawn sarnies to the menu next!
Think that's on about what we have at the moment LS to be honest pal. Originally there was talk of relocating the changing room to that area of the ground . There is a Media suit going in for Dan and co
Old 31-05-2019, 19:47   #18

The windows you speak of wont be going in any time soon. The back of the stand has been straightened and rebuilt with a view to what might happen in the future.

The long term plan includes structure built all the way along the rear of the main stand, but there is no date set to it. As with all Andy's fluid plans it could happen tomorrow or in 5 years. It could be bigger or smaller than current plans. But all ground works now are being designed with the future in mind.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:55   #19
Full Member+

A window went in the club house circa 1990, and they used to let the big wigs sit in front of it but pull a curtain back behind then when he game started.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:40   #20
Full Member+

the windows were put in the club house for the use of sponsors and directors of both clubs, the concertina curtain was close from 1 o'clock to about 515 then it was opened, no pass you didn't get in.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 14:04   #21

Q&A with Andy Holt next week at the club if anyone is interested in going

https://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2019...ith-andy-holt/
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 03-06-2019, 14:36   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

superb i will be yon.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:05   #23
God Member

yes sounds good. although i,m totally with andy holt on the vast majority of things he does and says which i imagine the vast majority of us do, i hope it doesn,t turn into a love fest without awkward questions being asked.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:32   #24
God Member

Don’t worry, can’t imagine Stanley fans being too love-struck to ask an ‘awkward’ question?
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 22:19   #25
Senior Member+

I have been following the 'Ground Improvements' on Andy Holt's Twitter page and the photographs really tell of a simply wonderful transformation over the last few weeks!
Andy has put a lot of money into improving the pitch and the ground infrastructure and I believe that many of the 'Stanley Faithful' will be truly amazed when they turn up for our first home match of the coming season!
Stanley are really cementing their place in the EFL with these improvements and I do believe that the vastly improved quality of the playing surface at the Wham Stadium will support the 'passing' football philosophy of our management and coaching staff and that we the supporters will be treated to a feast of wonderful football in the months to come!
Well done and a MASSIVE THANK YOU to Andy Holt and his team for all their hard work in seeing this work through!
ON STANLEY ON
WITH ANDY AND JOHN
MikeA, AccyMad, KiTChener and 5 others like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 18:53   #26
Senior Member+

Called in to the ground on my way home from Physio at Accy Vic on my way home.
The grass is looking superb!
It has even inspired me to put some weed and feed on my lawn which hasn’t recovered from last year yet!
I cannot wait to see the faces of our fans at our first home match when they see the changes to the ground, courtesy of Top Man Andy!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..