Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 12:37   #1
Senior Member+

Ground Developments - Summer 2017?

I must start with a MASSIVE THANK YOU to Andy Holt for his input over the last couple of years!
Our ground is improving all the time.
The Clayton End is superb now.
The Clayton End Car Park is great and the perimeter fence and the clearance of rubbish and shrubbery must have pleased our neighbours around the ground.
We have on going work on the new 'Office' and gateway.
We also have our all new BIG SCREEN!
Its wonderful to see more early work being done on improving the pitch drainage too.

Where do we 'stand' on the development of the proposed Whinney Hill stand now and what plans are in the pipeline for The Coppice End and other parts of the ground?
We are certainly going places with Andy at the helm.
ON STANLEY ON
/
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-05-2017, 13:20   #2

Re: Ground Developments - Summer 2017?

These are all important questions Choirboy!
The corpse of the dearly departed 16-17 season is barely cold, but I'm already feeling withdrawal symptoms from the loss.
Who will come, who will go?
Will we be playing in green & purple next season?
Will the new stand be started, or will the electronic scoreboard still be flashing 'Can we have our ball back' to the folks living behind the scrattin' shed?
Have the surplus pies from the Luton game been put in Cryogenic suspension until the next season?
Will visiting fans still have to bring a brolly with them?
Will they be able to buy a real pie & a real pint?
Will Lord Didsbury become an Earl?
What is the meaning of life?
These are the burning questions!
Come on you lot!
We've only got 12 weeks to find the answers.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 19:44   #3
Senior Member+

Anybody know about latest Stadium developments and how the new pitch is looking now?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 19:46   #4
I am Banned

Don't think we can currently afford the new stand at the moment in time, but you have it have started work within 3 years of the planning permission been granted or the permission will be withdrawn
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 09:21   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Don't think we can currently afford the new stand at the moment in time, but you have it have started work within 3 years of the planning permission been granted or the permission will be withdrawn
can,t fill what we,ve got at the moment so unless there,s a promotion i can,t really see it changing. think you,re right about the 3 year issue, so i imagine there,ll be a big decision to make in a year or two.
baldy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 09:41   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
can,t fill what we,ve got at the moment so unless there,s a promotion i can,t really see it changing. think you,re right about the 3 year issue, so i imagine there,ll be a big decision to make in a year or two.
Planning permission will be the least of our worries as league rules are 2000 seats. How long was the special dispensation given for that and at what point will they decide that it still isn't happening?

We have taken the p*** with that in the past I think so will they be watching this time?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 10:09   #7
Senior Member+

We have pukka pies which are superior to the local muck provided they sell us the supermarket standard
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 10:19   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Planning permission will be the least of our worries as league rules are 2000 seats. How long was the special dispensation given for that and at what point will they decide that it still isn't happening?

We have taken the p*** with that in the past I think so will they be watching this time?
Well we did have the required seats but took them out of the Clayton end presumably to then build the stand taking us past 2000, but this has obviously been put on hold for whatever reason how this effects league rulings maybe Mr.T can shed some light on it?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 10:59   #9
I am Banned

But if you look at the plans for the new stand it shows the Clayton end also having the front half seated
Old 17-06-2017, 11:14   #10
God Member

Quote:
But if you look at the plans for the new stand it shows the Clayton end also having the front half seated
Meaning?
Old 17-06-2017, 11:23   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Meaning?
Well is the seat removal temporary? Do we need to re seat it to meet league requirements?
Old 17-06-2017, 23:14   #12
God Member

I thought the main stand concourse was being developed this summer, along with the shop and offices moving ... still as it was at the moment
Old 18-06-2017, 00:42   #13

Quote:
Well is the seat removal temporary? Do we need to re seat it to meet league requirements?
If the new stand is built there is no need to seat any of the Clayton end
monkey hanger likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 07:37   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I thought the main stand concourse was being developed this summer, along with the shop and offices moving ... still as it was at the moment
Don't,t forget new changing rooms as well I,m wondering if the powers that be have just reigned in the spending for a while till they see a return, no problem with that every thing they have done to the ground and surrounding area is good but would like a bit more transparency on the subject regarding future plans.
Old 18-06-2017, 11:27   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Think the shop is still getting moved to the old garage behind Clayton end

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..