Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 11:13   #1

Ground Sponsorship

It has all gone a bit quiet since the Colane Tropical Fiasco. Does anyone know if we are any nearer finding someone to sponsor the ground either for the remainder of this season, or next.

I know money is tight these days, but there must a company out there with money to spend. I don't know the numbers, but we must only be talking about £50'000 per season. I know Scott Dawson are now heavily involved with marketing the club, so something maybe afoot soon.

£1000 per week seems cheap advertising for someone, or a Mab once suggested - The Accrington Pals Stadium, at least until we get a long-term deal in place.
mab likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47   #2
God Member

Re: Ground Sponsorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile;1030596[I
]....there must a company out there with money to spend. ..[/I]..
How about the Starbuck's/Google/Amazon Stadium of Tax Avoidance?
smobile likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:09   #3

My thoughts:

Crown Paints = Still called the Crown Ground AND we get paid for it!!!

Otherwise Stanley tools would be good.

Surely one of the milk companies would be interested eg: Cravendale?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:02   #4
God Member

[QUOTE=Alvin the chipmunk;1030701]
Surely one of the milk companies would be interested .....?[/QUOTE]

Milk Marketing Board....who are they?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:47   #5

Stanley would be good for ground sponsorship, but not if it extended to shirt sponsorship.....

Can't see the players being happy running around with Stanley Tools on their shirts
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 05-12-2012, 21:28   #6

Feels apt for one or two of 'em who've put the shirt on over last couple of years!
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 23:26   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Feels apt for one or two of 'em who've put the shirt on over last couple of years!
But perhaps more apt to those who do know the drill...have few vices...are given to plane speaking...who don't complain when they are axed..( Not referring to Timmy Mallet here !! )..Markers who make it the rule to clamp down on opposing attackers...We saw that quite a bit on Saturday ?...and if the cold snap persists then no doubt Buzzer will be Sanding Down the Pitch !!...and Seasonal greetings to all the scribers on our Forum !!.
Chimer, Revived Red and smobile like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:40   #8
Senior Member+

We need those who play with spirit, level-headed individuals, who will nail their colours to the mast and enable us to hammer the opposition. As supporters we take strong exception to clubs such as Oxford who screw supporters for every penny. And may I add my seasonal greetings, or as Santa would say, "Hoe, hoe, hoe".
yonmon likes this.

Last edited by Revived Red; 06-12-2012 at 09:43.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:23   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
We need those who play with spirit, level-headed individuals, who will nail their colours to the mast and enable us to hammer the opposition. As supporters we take strong exception to clubs such as Oxford who screw supporters for every penny. And may I add my seasonal greetings, or as Santa would say, "Hoe, hoe, hoe".
What a rasping response from a Revived Red !!....as Santa would also say...'you sleigh me !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:59   #10

It's extremely difficult to obtain sponsorship in the present climate, but with such poor gates, it is not a viable deal for anyone at this point in time. the main objective for any company is exposure to the mass , and unfortunately , due to local apathy Stanley cannot provide same. We need to target the major manufactures in the East Lancs area and strong local business people. What are the "paid commercial personnel " in the club doing about it ?.
cashman likes this.
tonyalveston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 16:03   #11
Senior Member+

But ground sponsorship is not mainly about the current home fans its more global. I think the club need to emphasise that this is a big opportunity. It goes on every ticket , it goes on every website about the game and that's hundreds. The company gets mentioned on things like bbc final score , sky sports news , football league show etc!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 16:27   #12
God Member

I once spoke to a guy from Stanley Tools at a trade fair and whilst chatting about football I told him that Stanley should sponsor Stanley, apparently it was something that had been broached in the past but nothing ever came of it. But one of the things that they would want to do would be to change the colour of the strip to yeller and black - I dont care how much money they could offer, we should never change our colours for anyone - done it once and look what happened then ...

By nothing came of it I dont mean that ASFC cocked it up neither, it just never got past a discussion in their boardroom.
yonmon likes this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:36   #13

And one of the milk companies might want us to play in white with black spots.
Old 21-12-2012, 08:49   #14

In the light of the early FA Cup exit and the dwindling gates, it is apparent that revenues will be severely depleted for the remainder of the season. One area that I feel is still untapped is the one of Ground Sponsorship. Unless anyone else knows otherwise, there is nothing on the horizon for next season or the rest of this one.

What about doing something radical and innovative with regards to the naming of the ground for the remainder of this season?

Why not approach the relevant bodies with a view to naming the ground

The “Kick Racism Out Of Football” Stadium.

It would grab lots of media attention both home and possibly abroad.

It would also highlight the fact that the club is looking for a ground sponsor.

It would generate a lot of goodwill from within the game.

It is a subject that is very topical at the moment and it is something the club could do for relatively little or no expense.
Old 21-12-2012, 13:02   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I once spoke to a guy from Stanley Tools ...one of the things that they would want to do would be to change the colour of the strip to yeller and black - I dont care how much money they could offer, we should never change our colours for anyone ...
Agree, Macca, it even bugs me when Stanley use their white strip when they don't have to.
But, as regards ground sponsorship, the state of the Crown Ground must really be constraining factor for any company that doesn't already have a connection with the town; in this economic climate, would you spend £Ks to associate your business with such 'quaint' facilities? It's a classic Catch 22 for the club.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..