Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2016, 08:58   #31
God Member

Re: Hammers post match thoughts

Agree, Cashy. Against Payet I'd have put all eleven Stanley players on the goal line.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2016, 09:01   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Like i was saying twas not a bitch, just n observation.
Old 23-09-2016, 09:15   #33
Senior Member+

I hope Elliot's read this:
Slaven Bilic: West Ham were poor but Accrington's goalkeeper was world-class | Squawka News | Post-match
AccyMad, cashman and yonmon like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 10:58   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

an accurate assesment in my view.
Old 23-09-2016, 13:37   #35
Senior Member+

We did seem to be tiring towards the end and I would rather we went out through a world-class free kick from a world-class player than to give away a couple of goals through fatigue in extra time and have individual players then regretting a mistake.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 13:52   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
We did seem to be tiring towards the end and I would rather we went out through a world-class free kick from a world-class player than to give away a couple of goals through fatigue in extra time and have individual players then regretting a mistake.
Mind in fairness,they looked to be tiring towards the end of 90mins against Burnley? so perhaps its overrated how much fitter premiership teams are? makes me wonder.
MikeA, AccyMad and choirboy like this.
Old 23-09-2016, 19:12   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Our players are professional football players and Coley and Jimmy get them 100% fit! I didn't think that they were, "Out on their feet", as one or two have suggested and I was relishing the prospect of playing extra time against 10 men after one of their lads limped off injured very late in the 90 + 7 minutes. I really believed that West Ham would not score a goal in 'normal play' against our excellent defence........ but Payet taking a free kick from 24 yards out?
......... History now!
cashman and sherry like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 19:19   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

For my money now the lads are gelling , its as good a defence as we have had back in league 2. plus we got 2 very good keepers imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-09-2016, 19:26   #39
Full Member+

Agreed cashy. I have been to two games this season: Donny at home and west ham away. The difference between the nervy defence that struggled at the crown and the immense performance away in front of close on 40k on Wednesday is unbelievable.

They are young and we will probably get tonked somewhere along the way, but they look to be gelling and the team spirit that Coley manages to instill year in, year out is showing.
Old 24-09-2016, 06:21   #40

The nervy defence against Doncaster was solely down to Chapman's complete nightmare in my opinion. The Don and Beckles looked class from the start I thought.

Keep this defence together and we'll win the league. They are all young, versatile and improving.

I think Vyner's only here til January sadly. Hopefully that can be extended. Beckles has a one year contract with the option of another year (I assume that's his option? Would be brilliant if it was the other way around). The Don has a one year contract and Matty P has two years.

The downside is that none of them are likely to be here next year. I can't see Matty P not being sold for a decent bucketload of cash. Think we may need to enjoy them whilst we can.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 09:05   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I'm hoping we are trying to extend Pearson n Beckles contracts cos its a knocking bet to me the wolves will be sniffing round, cant expect to keep em, but should expect to "Scoop" from em. Donaciean also i reckon.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-09-2016, 09:56   #42
Full Member+

why are wolves interested in them cashy,
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 10:11   #43
God Member

because they,ll be off to scotland for sweet f.a. in the summer.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 10:16   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Our players are professional football players and Coley and Jimmy get them 100% fit! I didn't think that they were, "Out on their feet", as one or two have suggested
I never said they were "out on their feet". I said "we did seem to be tiring". The mental effort of playing against a Premier League side should not be underestimated. And let's remember that the pitch is bigger than Stanley's too.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..