Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2016, 21:31   #1

Hammers post match thoughts

Gutting late goal but so proud how we went to an amazing stadium and gave an excellent account of ourselves. Are defence was excellent again. We are looking a solid unit. We limited west ham to a few chances funnily they had more when they went down to 10 men with the late injury. The one improvement area we could do with is a support striker for billy in the mode of Josh from last year or bobby grant from an few years ago although we still created a few chances and it could be argued we deserved to take them to extra time. Hammers fans where friendly before and after game which was a nice touch. I don't need to talk about the Stanley fans(you could hear us!)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Outback Ozzy, sherry and choirboy like this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2016, 21:53   #2
Full Member+

Re: Hammers post match thoughts

I listened to it on Radio Lancs. I was all ready for extra time then..

Sounds like the best team on the night lost.

Well done Reds anyway!!

Are the highlights on the telly later?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 22:04   #3
Full Member+

Highlights on c5 now. Still gutted with the result but every player gave their all. Was great to be part of it, cracking night
sherry and winstanley asfc like this.
Old 21-09-2016, 22:15   #4
Full Member+

Damn. West Ham have got Chelsea at home in the next round. That would've been one hell of a draw for us!
Old 21-09-2016, 22:34   #5

I'm a West Ham fan and was at the game tonight sitting above and to the right of the away fans. I thought we were very lucky to get away with a win and I thought the game had penalties written all over it. I also thought the travelling away fans were brilliant. Sung for 96 minutes. Good luck for the rest of the season.
AndyMagicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 22:55   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMagicman View Post
I'm a West Ham fan and was at the game tonight sitting above and to the right of the away fans. I thought we were very lucky to get away with a win and I thought the game had penalties written all over it. I also thought the travelling away fans were brilliant. Sung for 96 minutes. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Our fans always sing for the whole game,they are a credit to our club! Best wishes against Chelsea.
Old 22-09-2016, 00:11   #7

Very proud of the lads tonight, matched West Ham throughout, took a player the class of Payet to break them down. But we were walking wounded towards the end, Billy struggling with an injury, so now hoping that we can take this performance into Sat at Colchester and get something there and push on in the League. Nothing to regret, gave a great performance in a surreally lavish and cavernous stadium, just need to crack on from here. Well done Stanley boys, you were magnificent.
AccyMad, yonmon, sherry and 2 others like this.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 06:21   #8
God Member

Post match thoughts? Gutted, obviously but other than that - simply full of pride for our lads on the pitch & for all those who travelled & did us proud
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 07:53   #9

Never thought that I would say I was gutted to see us lose 1-0 to West Ham but I'd really started believing we might pull off another astounding win. Well done to the lads and to the fans who were there. Hope we can get everybody patched up for Saturday and carry on the good form in the league.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 08:11   #10

Stayed at home, listening to it on the tranny.

The commentators were very complimentary (Clive Allen being the pundit). Particularly the defence as might be imagined. Sounds like they really took to Matty Pearson - wearing a Terry Butcher bandage probably helped to single him out.

Strangely I wasn't too annoyed when they scored. I think I was in miserable football manager mode, getting concerned about what effect extra time would have on Saturday's match. All teams can get motivated for a big match like last night and I hope Coleman is able to direct emotions and energy in the right way for Colchester.

I liked his balanced post match interview. Hopefully he gave the players a little more praise in private.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 08:50   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

From my point of view a magnificent performance, arguably the best ive seen from ANY stanley side, A huge compliment was paid by a worried "Bilic" by his 2 half time subs, end of the day only difference between the sides is West Ham have a "World Class Player" was a magnificent stadium also,these lads can be immensely proud as us fans were, Pearson @ Beckles were immense. Well done reds.
Old 22-09-2016, 09:18   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The hammers fans we encountered afterwards were very complimentary oer Stanley, also were very relieved to have got through.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-09-2016, 09:25   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The hammers fans we encountered afterwards were very complimentary oer Stanley, also were very relieved to have got through.
i think some of our current div.2 opponents should read this not naming any sides but we know who they are.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 09:27   #14

Hi - another West Ham fan here. Just dropped in to say well done to your lads last night - team and fans.

You had the best of the first half (made us look very very ordinary, though we didn't exactly do much to counter that), and probably had the best chance of the night (that Randolph saved) and really ran yourselves into the ground all game. I think we pretty much dominated possession in the 2nd half without ever really looking like scoring - we could have played another 90 minutes and I don't think anything other that a Payet freekick was going to go in.

Your defence were excellent, especially that beast of a CB.

And kudos to your fans - really kept the noise going all game, and some good banter with our lot around (I was in the lower section to your left).

Best of luck for the rest of the season.
kludgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 09:45   #15
Senior Member+

Had to listen on radio and after ten minutes i was getting a feeling there might be a shock on the cards.
The commentators were bemused by us trying to play football and not panicking.
They obviously hadn't seen Acci play and were probably waiting for us to run out of steam --- big mistake,as Acci are one of the fittest squads around.
Unbelievable performance really,considering its a relatively new squad and still gelling.
Hope the injuries are not too serious,and we back it up on saturday,which will be difficult
KTF
chevyfire likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..