Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2014, 21:07   #16
God Member

Re: Hartlepool Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Going under 1000 takes a bit of the shine off a great result. Was it a rough night weather-wise up north?
No it was a Tuesday never a good home crowd thankfully only 2 more this season, but seriously this must send out alarm bells to the board can,t run a league club on those gates.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2014, 21:26   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
At £20 its hardly likely to encourage walk ons!
When you consider that there were 107 from Hartlepool and approximately 480 season tickets, that means there were only 360 give or take paying 20 quid or even less if the concessions and kids for a quid was running.

Pity that the figure was so low, only Blackburn playing at home tonight, but saw none of the Burnley contingent (Dave W. excepted) there. Shame really as the stay aways missed a decent match, marred only by some strange decisions or even non-decisions by the referee. Think Shay McCartan will have been mystified at being taken off after scoring his second goal, but there again, as a club, we probably cannot afford to give match balls away for hat tricks!. Deano and Tom A solid at the back even when the 6ft goodness knows what centre forward from Hartlepool came on, mind you, he can head a ball but shooting, well lets say Wigan Warriors could use him lol. Man of the match, I don't know as they fought as a team and did not sit back on a 2-1 half time lead. Got the killer third goal and still went for the jugular. Only moan I have is James Gray is lazy when coming back to the centre when we have scored. Any other day he could have been booked and was lucky when he had a dig at one of the Pool's defenders after being provoked. 3 points and up to 14th lets hope we have another win on Saturday and the guaranteed 3pts on the 31st October.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 21:31   #18
Senior Member+

Just back from the game and must say the pitch was in great nick !
I must say they were a good side,pressed us all over the pitch,good in possession and great movement.
We didn't help with poor composure at times but what shone thro was the ability to dig in when not playing well ( typical of Coleys teams)
A few players looked under the weather,but the game was lit up with McCartens first goal,simply top drawer.
At 2-1 coley must take some credit to change the defence around which nullified there threat and we comfortably saw the game out.
Playing average and scoring three is a bonus and I will take the points all day
Look forward to Saturday now !!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 21:48   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
At £20 its hardly likely to encourage walk ons!
We had an Aston Villa fan next to us who lives in Leeds,not bad for a walk on.He thoroughly enjoyed the game and said he went to Preston last week and ours was a much better game.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 21:48   #20

We have 600ish season ticket holders and about 250-300 of them didn't turn up tonight.
So in reality we could have had 1200 on and made no extra cash.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 21:58   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
We have 600ish season ticket holders and about 250-300 of them didn't turn up tonight.

Except on the bars, programmes, pound a go raffle ticket thingy ...
Old 21-10-2014, 22:25   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
OK so we have approximately 600. Thats 600 towards the gate even though some didn't turn up. That makes tonights attendance even worse from Accrington because it means only 240 bothered to pay on the gate, this is assuming that they all paid £20, which in reality is probably wrong as I am sure there were concessions and juniors in that 240! Don't forget, those 600 have prepaid. I am one of those 600. My original figures were on the premise that I bought my season ticket late and I was number 498.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 21-10-2014 at 22:27. Reason: clarifying a point
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 23:16   #23
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
We had an Aston Villa fan next to us who lives in Leeds,not bad for a walk on.He thoroughly enjoyed the game and said he went to Preston last week and ours was a much better game.
I paid £19 for Leicester the other week and £25 for West Brom. Stoke is £25, Hull is £16, Arsenal is £27, all Premier League teams and not much more than Accrington for pricing. In my eyes £20 is a completely wrong price for League 2 football, I wont pay it and its not hard to see why attendances are lower as we are looking at a pricing structure purely aimed at getting as much money as possible from away fans. This is to the detriment of attracting home support due to price.
maccawozzagod likes this.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 00:16   #24

Quote:
I paid £19 for Leicester the other week and £25 for West Brom. Stoke is £25, Hull is £16, Arsenal is £27, all Premier League teams and not much more than Accrington for pricing. In my eyes £20 is a completely wrong price for League 2 football, I wont pay it and its not hard to see why attendances are lower as we are looking at a pricing structure purely aimed at getting as much money as possible from away fans. This is to the detriment of attracting home support due to price.
Fans are secondary to tv money in the premiership. If accy got the same money as them from tv we could all get in for nowt.

A comforting thought for the next four hours until I get home from the game. Good job I bought a flexiticket and didn't have to pay £20 on top of the rest of what I've paid today
Revived Red and smobile like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 10:39   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
OK so we have approximately 600. Thats 600 towards the gate even though some didn't turn up. That makes tonights attendance even worse from Accrington because it means only 240 bothered to pay on the gate, this is assuming that they all paid £20, which in reality is probably wrong as I am sure there were concessions and juniors in that 240! Don't forget, those 600 have prepaid. I am one of those 600. My original figures were on the premise that I bought my season ticket late and I was number 498.

I don't think the 600 were counted, I'm guessing they only count the ones through the gate otherwise there wouldn't have been an extra few hundred had they all turned up.

The simple facts are higher league clubs get subsidised and the gate money becomes more irrelevant. The biggest earner in clubs these days is the commercial revenue. Burnley would never have got to the Premier League on gate money. Football has been killed by the corporate greed
Revived Red likes this.
Old 22-10-2014, 11:20   #26
Senior Member+

Thought this thread was for discussing last nights game !!!
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 22-10-2014, 12:00   #27
Senior Member+

If you was a football fan after a day at work on a freezing tuesday night, would you really pay £20 to watch league 2 accrington v hartlepool in a very tinpot ground watching two out of form teams? You wouldn't.

If Stanley had no game on a Tuesday and Burnley and Blackburn were at home and they advertised there game for £20 , even with there nice stadiums etc. I just wouldn't as its just more money spent that I'd rather spend at the weekend.

In my view your not going to get new fans supporting the Stanley with a ground and set up like we have and it also hasn't helped in the past that every time we've had a few more fans come through the turnstiles we've been terrible and lost the game!

There's no attraction to Stanley on a Tuesday night.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 12:11   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Thought this thread was for discussing last nights game !!!
It is but sadly the biggest headline of the night came from the attendance announcement.
Old 22-10-2014, 12:32   #29
Senior Member+

Isn't that what makes Acci so unique and special?.
A football league club on our attendance's is unbelievable really.
I remember Wigan's gates being around 1500 and it was brilliant as nearly everybody new each other and stood in the same places (team was full of scousers as well !!).
Far better times than the premier league days IMHO
We even had bigger moaners than Acci have ,but all loved the club
Old 22-10-2014, 12:37   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Isn't that what makes Acci so unique and special?.
A football league club on our attendance's is unbelievable really.
I remember Wigan's gates being around 1500 and it was brilliant as nearly everybody new each other and stood in the same places (team was full of scousers as well !!).
Far better times than the premier league days IMHO
We even had bigger moaners than Acci have ,but all loved the club
Unfortunately, these days, being unique and special doesn't pay the bills.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..