Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2015, 19:38   #16
God Member

Re: Hartlepool Match Thread.

This may have already been discussed to death but, after last night's postponement and the Newport aqua fest, it reminded me that Stanley were reported some time ago (probably in the summer, with no other footie news) as being one club in favour of the League allowing G4 artificial surfaces.

Q1. Do you think Stanley's current style would suit an artificial surface?
Q2. Are they any more resilient to the amount of rain that, too often, can bless Accy?

Personally, I'd prefer to see a game on real turf, but just wondered how far Stanley's current excellent passing game would be even more effective on plastic.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2015, 21:28   #17
Resting in Peace

I think you are onto something Exile. I don't know the answer to Q1 but would think it could be a lot easier to squeegee excess water off an artificial surface which also would not hold water to any depth. Lots to consider though.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 22:07   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I think you are onto something Exile. I don't know the answer to Q1 but would think it could be a lot easier to squeegee excess water off an artificial surface which also would not hold water to any depth. Lots to consider though.
Cost?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 22:34   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Cost?
East Fife are looking at one costing £567000

Hopes for new state-of-the-art surface at East Fife?s ground - Fife / Local / News / The Courier
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 05:28   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This may have already been discussed to death but, after last night's postponement and the Newport aqua fest, it reminded me that Stanley were reported some time ago (probably in the summer, with no other footie news) as being one club in favour of the League allowing G4 artificial surfaces.

Q2. Are they any more resilient to the amount of rain that, too often, can bless Accy?

Personally, I'd prefer to see a game on real turf, but just wondered how far Stanley's current excellent passing game would be even more effective on plastic.
Any standing water on the pitch will just sweep off, a artificial pitch allows the ball to move quicker but can also be slippy when wet
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 06:59   #21
God Member

The Barnet game suggests that grass pitches can also be slippy.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 08:54   #22
Senior Member+

Big fan of artificial pitches after watching an Irish game (clifftonville ?),and it was 60 minutes before I realised it wasn't grass !!.
Widnes rugby league also play on one.
In 4G,they have come a long way in terms of true carry/bounce and they even take a stud !.
Most prem pitches have a percentage of man made fibres in there surfaces.
Down to cost at the end of the day tho
monkey hanger likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 09:12   #23
God Member

[QUOTE=football19;1155494]Big fan of artificial pitches after watching an Irish game (clifftonville ?),and it was 60 minutes before I realised it wasn't grass !!.
Widnes rugby league also play on one.
In 4G,they have come a long way in terms of true carry/bounce and they even take a stud !.

totally agree they are the future. we have a couple used in Bradford for sunday league games and I love it when I get allocated one. can run for 90 mins. with no aches or pains unlike ploughing through mud where after 30 mins I feel every year of my 69 years. most players also are coming round to them also. I know they are costly and don't last forever about 10 years I think but other activities like 5 a side can be used to offset the cost
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 20:25   #24
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Will it wont it!! Hoping its gona be on,need my footie fix
sherry likes this.
Old 18-01-2016, 18:53   #25
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

looking like we may have a game on tomorrow, weather forecast looking promising
Old 18-01-2016, 19:09   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
looking like we may have a game on tomorrow, weather forecast looking promising
I hope so am having withdrawal symptoms.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 18-01-2016, 19:09   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post

The style would adapt to suite the pitch I think. Oldham played some brilliant one touch football under Joe Royle on the older style pitch even with a big guy up front like Ian Marshall. They well used it to their advantage and got to the League Cup final and promotion to the top division before it was torn up.

The new 4G stuff (not the 3G with rubber crumb) holds up more like grass and the bounce is much more realistic. The only problem is the plastic pitches used to take more out of players physically than grass, managers would sometimes rest players in their 30's.

Warmer tonight than Friday for certain, I won't believe it is on until it kicks off though.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 07:36   #28
God Member

Might be off because it's too warm
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:41   #29
Senior Member+

is anyone brave enough to predict a starting line-up?
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 08:51   #30
God Member

whats the weather like over in accy. apart from on the hills most of the snow has gone but still bone hard underneath around here. keeping everything crossed though.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..