Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2016, 22:23   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Hartlepool Match Thread.

fantastic performance slick passing that knocked Pool out of their stride from the off Crooks was on top form his transformation from mishap stricker to midfield general is truly remarkable, Rangers are getting a star player for next to nowt, 3 very well deserved points, can't wait for the next installment from this fantastic squad
cashman likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2016, 22:37   #47
Senior Member+

Lots of Happy New Years handshakes and hugs around tonight!....

An EXCELLENT "All round Team Performance" tonight from the Stanley Squad.
Difficult to find fault anywhere on the pitch from our boys! We could have scored 5 or 6 and Hartlepool could not have complained. They had one good player up front and they did substitutions at the right time for them and with their fresh legs they scored a good goal.
Some of our interplay was SUBLIME and we played with an exciting energy too. We even had a few tricks from Crooks as well! He justs gets better and better! Shay did wonderfully tonight and he has certainly set his stall out to take his opportunity! His first goal was opportunistic and he showed great skill in lobbing the centre back and then finishing cooly. His second was as good with a superb deft header from Billy Kee putting him behind their defence and he looked up, took his time and passed it into the bottom corner with aplomb! Bucko's free kick was a gem, top left corner off the underside of the bar....UNBEATABLE! Pools keeper did some good saves and the Stanley goal tally would have been greater but for him!
Well done to Buzza and all his helpers because the pitch stood up really well! The grass is looking a bit thin after drowning under that prolonged deluge but the surface that Buzza presented allowed our boys to play their trademark passing football.
Like many Stanley fans tonight I am 'Buzzing'
AccyMad and sherry like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 22:44   #48
Senior Member+

Great footballing performance tonight,going forward we were top drawer.
Have to mention the playing surface which was excellent and allows us to get the ball down and move it at pace.
Shays goals were unbelievable,real quality and if he gets consistency,then Windass has a fight to regain his place !
For me tho,our key players are Kee and Coonnelly,everything goes thro them and are on top of their game at the moment.
Did feel Hartlepool hadn't done their homework on us and started 4-4-2.
We just isolated their wide men and cut them to pieces and it could easily have been 6/7,their keeper was outstanding.
We will give championship teams a game playing like we are,long may it continue
AccyMad, yonmon, sherry and 2 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 22:56   #49
Senior Member+

Agree 100% F19
I have said all season how Seamus has become the "Hub" at the centre of our play and you are dead right about Billy. He wins balls up front that you think he has no chance of getting to, and he is so quick at getting the ball down and laying it off or flicking through those deft passes for other to latch on to!
Halliday was superb tonight to and for his young age he played like a really experienced player. He looks hungry to get a goal or two as well! I hope we can get him permanently. Bucko got stuck in and was always a threat going forward. Matty and Joe at the back did well against Harrison who I think is a good prospect for Hartlepool. Their decision making was right on the spot tonight and they got the balance of passes and no nonsense clearances just right. But it was going forward where we were outstanding!
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad and sherry like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 23:12   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Above posts sum it up well. My only niggle is we couldn't keep a clean sheet and almost gave them a sniff near the end (it happened against Exeter as well).
Aye, I don't like those "sympathy type" substitutions which Coley slips into when we are dominating as there is no need for it. Nailed on penalty the ref didn't give at the end when Bruna had his legs taken when clean through. Mustn't be greedy though.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 23:18   #51
Senior Member+

Hate to be the voice of dissent, but after we went 3-0 up, we sat back and invited 'Pools to attack and get their consolation. Up till this point, we were unplayable. Halliday was immense, Bucko took an unstoppable free kick and McCartans goals were sublime. When the forwards attacked through the middle it terrified their defenders. Overall a good game to watch and 3 points gained towards promotion. Here's hoping for another 3 points on Saturday at St James park.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 00:02   #52
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
fantastic performance slick passing that knocked Pool out of their stride from the off Crooks was on top form his transformation from mishap stricker to midfield general is truly remarkable, Rangers are getting a star player for next to nowt, 3 very well deserved points, can't wait for the next installment from this fantastic squad
It isn't next to nowt it is exactly nowt as he was 21 before he signed for us.

It seemed comfortable, almost too much before their goal. Them hitting the post was their only chance in the first half, and that post was the difference between a comfortable win and a more nervous night.

Really a must win type game to finish top 7 and mission accomplished, with Seamus boosting his Euro 2016 chances.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 00:21   #53
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Here we go,cracking game filled with cracking goals http://e0.365dm.com/16/01/16-9/30/I2...ATHrASOTSl.jpg
Old 20-01-2016, 00:47   #54
Full Member+

It didn't work Mab. Try this!

Accrington 3 - 1 Hartlepool - Match Report & Highlights
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 03:34   #55
God Member

Grrrrr
..I hate this 'Content not availiable' outside of the UK crap.Shouldn't it be the other way round??
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 03:35   #56
God Member

..and bloody well done you magnificent men in red and white stripes.
sherry likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 05:54   #57
I am Banned

Who needs windass
Red-Osbornello likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 07:28   #58
God Member

Unbelievable Jeff!! Cracking game & well deserved 3 points - well.played lads, can't wait for the next game.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 08:44   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Who needs windass
We do, when we need a penalty!��
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 10:21   #60

Any ideas who the players all mobbed on the bench after the 1st went in? Couldn't quite see from my angle.

Plus hate to put a wee downer on things but did you notice how little effort McCarten put in when he didn't have the ball. Amazing on it, not so sure about off it.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..