Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2015, 15:28   #1
Senior Member+

Hartlepool Match Thread.

I have missed the last two home matches due to other commitments but I am really looking forward to seeing the Reds play tonight. Especially after some good performances recently both home and away. We probably start as firm favourites to win tonight but in previous seasons this is just the sort of match in which in which we would slip up! I am sure that Coley and Jimmy will be stressing that it would be a waste of some great recent away victories if we slip up tonight.
So I hope and trust that the team is totally up for the match tonight and of course we can play our part on the terraces!
MAX VOLUME IS REQUIRED FROM ALL OF US TO HELP THE TEAM ON TO ANOTHER VICTORY TONIGHT!
Have a late rally call to get a friend to come on with you and swell the crowd a little. Hartlepool probably won't bring too many supporters and those who do make the trip will deserve full respect!
Crooksy will be up for this I am sure and whilst wishing Kal Naismith all the best in the future, tonight I hope that he plays as if his boots laces were tied together!
COME ON YOU REDS
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2015, 16:35   #2

Re: Hartlepool Match Thread.

Gutted can't go, on nights. Come on red men!
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 17:58   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Game off water logged pitch
Old 24-11-2015, 18:03   #4
Full Member+

But the rain stopped hours ago. Why didn't they make a decision then? Bloody referee again?! Those who've traveled from Hartlepool wont be happy!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 18:04   #5
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Here's the link Match postponed ? Accrington Stanley FC
Old 24-11-2015, 18:11   #6
I am Banned

Only game to be called off even games been played in conference
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 18:13   #7
Full Member+

Did any of you see the Seria A match on Saturday between Bologna and Roma?
This top flight match was allowed to go ahead with standing water all over the pitch!
Old 24-11-2015, 18:16   #8
God Member

Happens to often at Stanley this late call on a game no thought for travelling fans poor it rained hard all day and then eased surely a decision could have been made earlier Hartlepool arrived also this will probaly cost the club, and hopefully when we do play them they are,nt a much improved side.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 18:18   #9
God Member

Decision should have been made much earlier, hope there weren't too many travellers but feel sorry for the ones who did come - bit of a trek for nothing!
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 18:21   #10
I am Banned

Feel sorry for the two fans all the way from china
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 18:36   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Did any of you see the Seria A match on Saturday between Bologna and Roma?
This top flight match was allowed to go ahead with standing water all over the pitch!
You underestimate the power of TV, perhaps?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 18:45   #12
Full Member+

Accrington Stanley ‏@ASFCofficial 2 hours ago
Here's tonight's weather forecast...

I got heavy rain 7-9pm on the BBC forecast?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 19:57   #13
God Member

Just to lighten the night up Morecambe 1-4 down at home to Cambridge silver lining springs to mind.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 21:30   #14
Senior Member+

'Twas another late call tonight.
I had set off and on arriving was told by disappointed fans coming away that the match was off. I went down the steps behind The Crown to look through the railings down the pitch. Obviously I couldn't tell what the conditions were like from there but got talking to some Preston and Blackpool based Hartlepool fans and suggested they go for a pint in The Crown which they did! I even managed to persuade one of the youngsters to try the Moorhouses 'Pride of Pendle' which I was also drinking. He really enjoyed it too.....
I have to say that it was in first class condition!
Well done to Gilly!
I was out all day cycling and got pretty wet in some of the quite heavy showers so in the end I am not surprised that the match was called off. Anyway the decision helps to preserve the condition of the pitch which is essential to our style of passing game.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 22:17   #15
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
'Twas another late call tonight.
I had set off and on arriving was told by disappointed fans coming away that the match was off. I went down the steps behind The Crown to look through the railings down the pitch. Obviously I couldn't tell what the conditions were like from there but got talking to some Preston and Blackpool based Hartlepool fans and suggested they go for a pint in The Crown which they did! I even managed to persuade one of the youngsters to try the Moorhouses 'Pride of Pendle' which I was also drinking. He really enjoyed it too.....
I have to say that it was in first class condition!
Well done to Gilly!
I was out all day cycling and got pretty wet in some of the quite heavy showers so in the end I am not surprised that the match was called off. Anyway the decision helps to preserve the condition of the pitch which is essential to our style of passing game.

I was out cycling myself Choirboy in the rain, and will be tomorrow, doing 60 odd miles. They mollycoddle these footballers too much these days, but i take your point about our passing game.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..