Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2016, 06:47   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hartlepool match thread

Must mention the support last night, simply MAGNIFICENT.
Old 20-04-2016, 07:36   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Relegating another team is not the aim, it's getting promotion for Stanley. (Beware the Voodoo Gods of Football)
The Lloyd household will be interesting, one stopping trying to stop somebody on the way to promotion and one hoping for a win which sadly relegate t'other halfs team
Old 20-04-2016, 07:47   #63
God Member

what a game and what a result. formation was spot on and the first half we looked like the home side with some thrilling football. they changed it a bit at half time and got more possession but never really looked in danger. fosu was like a breath of fresh air on the left. I got my 11 battlers I wanted plus some of the seasons best football. only downside was the corners. until scott davies got a header in late on we never seemed to cause them any trouble whatsoever.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 09:35   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just seen a vid on facebook of last night now i'm famous pmsl
Old 20-04-2016, 10:21   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
what a game and what a result. formation was spot on and the first half we looked like the home side with some thrilling football. they changed it a bit at half time and got more possession but never really looked in danger. fosu was like a breath of fresh air on the left. I got my 11 battlers I wanted plus some of the seasons best football. only downside was the corners. until scott davies got a header in late on we never seemed to cause them any trouble whatsoever.
Hang on me owd mucker, was our first goal after 3 mins not from a short corner? though i dislike em meself.
Old 20-04-2016, 12:21   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just seen a vid on facebook of last night now i'm famous pmsl
Wasn't sure if that was 'I'm famous' or 'infamous' then Cashy??
cashman and yonmon like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 12:28   #67

Fellas, this really hurts but here's wishing u all the best going forward.

We followed u into the League...maybe we can follow u into League 1....
AccyMad, baldy, Redraine and 6 others like this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 13:29   #68
God Member

Cheers CC, feel sorry for you guys at the minute - maybe your lads put so much into our game last week they just ran out of steam before last night??
If we do make it (& everything's crossed that we do) would be great for you lot to follow us up - wouldn't be the same without the Shrimps
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 13:41   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Just FAN- $^*%$#$*&&&-TASTIC. Great stuff ASFC.
It was worth the journey to the North East John just to see the looks of elation and joy on the faces of the mighty Reds as they came en bloc to be with their fans as the game ended!.
The vision of happiness submerging fatigue will stay with me for a long time. The Management and players certainly deserve all the praise and plaudits for a job so comprehensively completed, and can look with pride at the league table today !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 13:54   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
It was worth the journey to the North East John just to see the looks of elation and joy on the faces of the mighty Reds as they came en bloc to be with their fans as the game ended!.
The vision of happiness submerging fatigue will stay with me for a long time. The Management and players certainly deserve all the praise and plaudits for a job so comprehensively completed, and can look with pride at the league table today !.
Agree it was well worth the trip,and the end of the game was something else, my West Brom fans remarked at the Orient game how pleased they were wi that same thing. summat never seen in the Premiership was there remarks.
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.
Old 20-04-2016, 15:12   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
...summat never seen in the Premiership was there remarks.
They'd need too many interpreters standing by.
yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 16:41   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
The video clip confirms what I thought last night about the Hartlepool goal. As the ball came over, the scorer wrestled Mark Hughes to the ground - with the referee in perfect position to see the blatant foul.

But well done to the entire team, management and supporters. There were 181 of us last night - compared to just 45 at the corresponding fixture last season. Also a Tuesday night in April.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 16:45   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

crap refs are par for the coarse mate, and not just in Div2, summat all fans have to tolerate, much as we dislike the fact.
Old 20-04-2016, 17:12   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The video clip confirms what I thought last night about the Hartlepool goal. As the ball came over, the scorer wrestled Mark Hughes to the ground - with the referee in perfect position to see the blatant foul.
Having only seen the video it did seem bizarre. The ref was perfectly positioned to see throughout. Why did he think a centre back would take a dive defending his own goal? If the header had been saved or missed, would he have booked Mr. Hughes for the same offence as he booked Windass?
Revived Red and choirboy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 07:52   #75
God Member

felt like **** yesterday. these games are getting to me. went down the local dry cleaners yesterday as they are less than half price at home. the guy in there does the pools kits and he,s a fan as well. saw my shirt and I couldn,t get out of the place saying we,re the best side he,d seen at the vic. in over 20 years supporting them and in his words we made Northampton look like a pub team.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..