Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2016, 20:17   #1
Resting in Peace

Hartlepool match thread

I do hope that Coley abandons what appears to be his recent policy of bigging up our forthcoming opponents and managers in advance. It certainly came back to bite him big time on the butt today. All week he was praising Jimbo and Kenny in spite of a terrible run of results, with an open invitation to their team and supporters to put on a performance against us, which is exactly what happened! I know he is big mates with Jim but surely there is no need to give such comfort to the opposition in advance. Fair enough, I have no problem with giving credit after the event, but can you imagine Keith Curle, for example, showing any sympathy to us with his Carlisle squad before our games? Not a chance, quite the reverse in fact, and they never seem to lack motivation when taking us on, do they? Coley even had the nerve to complain about the Shrimps failing to compete with the Daggers recently in his post match today, as compared with their efforts against us!
Can't have it both ways, John.
It almost makes me yearn for the old days when we were often reviled for our perceived ugly image, shall we call it?
AccyMad, cashman and choirboy like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2016, 20:24   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hartlepool match thread

agree, but we will get slagged off for having that opinion.
Old 16-04-2016, 20:51   #3
Senior Member+

Cashy......
We are used to being 'Slagged off' for just being a small club!
ON STANLEY ON against the odds!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 20:54   #4
Senior Member+

Cashy......
We are used to being 'Slagged off' for just being a small club!
ON STANLEY ON against the odds!!

ps. Hartlepool are in good form at the moment and Tuesday is going to be a tough match.
Coley and Jimmy will really have to get our boys "Up" for this one!
I would of course prefer 3 points but a draw will be a good result IMHO.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 21:19   #5
God Member

I don't think it's fair to criticise Professor Coleman for extending simple courtesy to other teams and managers. There are no bad teams, or easy matches, and it could just as easily backfire if a manager is seen or heard to be disparaging about opponents.
Hartlepool, away, on a Tuesday night will be tough enough but the importance of the game to Stanley's entire season should be enough motivation for the players.
AccyMad, DAV007, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 21:52   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I don't think it's fair to criticise Professor Coleman for extending simple courtesy to other teams and managers. There are no bad teams, or easy matches, and it could just as easily backfire if a manager is seen or heard to be disparaging about opponents.
Hartlepool, away, on a Tuesday night will be tough enough but the importance of the game to Stanley's entire season should be enough motivation for the players.
Nobody is talking about disparaging opponents in any way at all.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 06:39   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Exactly. its about having the commonsense to keep shut,pre-match.
Old 17-04-2016, 07:54   #8
God Member

the only passengers we need on Tuesday are fans on the supporters coach. need 11 battlers out there as it won,t be easy but winnable with the right tacticts and attitude.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 09:02   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Exactly. its about having the commonsense to keep shut,pre-match.

Fair enough, guys, I hadn't picked up the significance of 'in advance'.

(But it can't be easy. I do sometimes wonder just how the likes of Messrs Shankley, Busby, Stein, and Catterick would have got in had they been obliged to comment as often as modern-day managers.)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 18:06   #10
Senior Member+

Hartlepool Match Thread.........

Oops......

Sorry just seen the thread below........

Admin close this thread please.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 18:10   #11
Senior Member+

WOW , big team news. The prodigal son is FINALLY dropped !!! Replaced by Fosu

Buxton replaces Brown with Barry on the bench.
Old 19-04-2016, 18:13   #12
Senior Member+

From Hartlepool's site:

Accrington Stanley: Etheridge, Pearson, Davies, Mingoia, Windass, Hughes, Conneely, Kee, Halliday, Fosu, Buxton

Subs: Mooney, McConville, McCartan, Barry, Wakefield, Gornell, Boco
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 18:16   #13
Senior Member+

According to Dan on Twitter, Halliday is in Midfield with Buxton playing full back.
Old 19-04-2016, 18:19   #14
God Member

That's fair enough, Sean had a pretty bad game on Saturday - still doesn't deserve such sarcasm & our own fans celebrating him bring dropped especially those who haven't even seen him play more than half a dozen times this season!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 18:21   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
That's fair enough, Sean had a pretty bad game on Saturday - still doesn't deserve such sarcasm & our own fans celebrating him bring dropped especially those who haven't even seen him play more than half a dozen times this season!

Quite why every comment you say on this forum is aimed at me is pretty sad to be honest.

Well obviously as you have seen him play every single game this season, he deserves to start then !!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..