Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2016, 22:04   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Hartlepool match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I still firmly believe we have the most unfit squad in the league and this is and always has been the biggest weakness under Coleman
When you said this a few days ago, I asked you the reason. As usual, you failed to answer. You never do answer questions!! But now I see you blame the manager. Can this be really true??
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2016, 22:09   #32

We where better side uptil the penalty. Luck wasn't with us one minute billy gets shoved over in box no pen and then it was hard to see what their penalty was for. It looked like a shove by Hughes?after that we still had a couple of chances. If we can keep confident enough and put away some of our chances are luck will change.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 22:13   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
we need to rally behind the team
Well said. Come on DAV007 - stop this negativity and get behind the team.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 22:41   #34
Senior Member+

Really strange division this year,anybody can beat anybody.
Two wins your in playoffs,two defeats relegation zone !!
Acci are a top ten team and have no doubt they will ride out this sticky spell.
Just need a bit of luck in front of goal.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 22:47   #35

Quote:
Unfit squad? Would a unfit squad beat Bradford on penaltys? Would an unfit squad take burnley to extra time and win? Would an unfit squad nearly take West Ham to extra time? We're just in a bad spell we need to rally behind the team and push them through it

These games are the exceptions and not the norm. Bad spell started in August we're now leaving November.

Agree we need to rally. These next games are massive.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 22:50   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Unfit squad? Would a unfit squad beat Bradford on penaltys? Would an unfit squad take burnley to extra time and win? Would an unfit squad nearly take West Ham to extra time? We're just in a bad spell we need to rally behind the team and push them through it
Fully agree with you 'st06nc2'

Dav...You talk UTTER RUBBISH!

Yes its true...Saturday is a BIG match now and we do need to be positive and get right behind Coley, Jimmy and the team.

Just watched Coley's interview after tonight's match and he refers to the strange refereeing but he kept his cool. However, he also said that the players "Were livid!" with what went on tonight.
I reckon that they will want to get things right on Saturday.

Several posters on here are right we ALL need to be as POSITIVE as we can and do our bit to help get the team back onto a winning run!
That includes you too DAV!

ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH

AccyMad likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 22:52   #37

Why do we love this cruel game?
We lose games we deserve to win & win games we've no right to.
If we repeat this again on Saturday against Yeovil, then the brown stuff will really hit the fan!
Our next match could prove to be the most important home game of the season.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 00:48   #38

Just seen the video. Looks like Hughes grabs their man. looked a foolish thing to do yet again from him.

No point panicking. We are starting to play well and create chances. Need some goals and our back four back in place. We'll climb this table faster than we've slid down it.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 08:21   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Don,t think Andy Holt will put up with this for long.
What does that mean? You think he'll pull out because we're having a bad spell?
Just supposing he did (not that I think he would) that's suggesting he must've come into this with his eyes closed & only expecting good times & I don't think he's that naive
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 08:24   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Really strange division this year,anybody can beat anybody.
Two wins your in playoffs,two defeats relegation zone !!
Acci are a top ten team and have no doubt they will ride out this sticky spell.
Just need a bit of luck in front of goal.
There speaks the much needed voice of reason, well said F19
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 09:39   #41
God Member

nothing much in the game until the penalty decision. usual missed chances first half and another free kick aimed at some guy near the back of the stand. didn,t have much luck either second half. great save by carson from a boco shot and a defender heading the ball off the line. every loose ball seamed to fall to a pools defender who had time to clear . can,t comment on the decision to give the penalty as it was the far end of the ground but i do remember we,ve had history with this ref at the crown the last two seasons. totally lost it after that and in the handbags that happened just after the re start he found reasons to caution 2 of ours and none for them. need some belief in front of goal and i think woking will really be looking forward to the game after watching us the last few weeks.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 09:48   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I really can't understand all the doom mongers? If a team is NOT creating chances then fair enough, but commonsense says if yeh are, then eventually the worm will turn. K.T,F. yeh sad gets.
Old 23-11-2016, 10:48   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I really can't understand all the doom mongers? If a team is NOT creating chances then fair enough, but commonsense says if yeh are, then eventually the worm will turn. K.T,F. yeh sad gets.
don,t think its doom mongers its just facts as they see it. did we really look like scoring first half last saturday even with good build up play and same first half last night. as for our free kicks in goal scoring positions the facts are they are poor to say the least. we might play decent football but it all comes to nothing in the final quarter of the pitch .
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 11:05   #44

If this is our points return from good performances heaven help us when we hit a bad run.

Hopefully a fit Billy Kee will make a difference goal scoring wise if he 's played off someone.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 11:47   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
don,t think its doom mongers its just facts as they see it. did we really look like scoring first half last saturday even with good build up play and same first half last night. as for our free kicks in goal scoring positions the facts are they are poor to say the least. we might play decent football but it all comes to nothing in the final quarter of the pitch .
We will have to disagree on that,The last post demonstrates what i mean. Who said good performances?? I said if were creating chances eventually the worm will turn, a simple fact some are unable to grasp imho.
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..