Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2016, 20:22   #61
Full Member+

Re: Hartlepool match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I'm with Cashy. We'll score if we create enough chances.

With regards to rotation problems. I don't see that at all. No point rotating our goalie, back four, middle two and Billy Kee. They need to perform consistently like they usually do. We just need the others: Boco, Clark, O'Sullivan, Shay, Sean, GTF to be giving us the creativity and cutting edge. These sorts of players are less consistent - so keep them motivated and hungry. Coleman does seem to rotate these players and I think it's starting to work to be honest.

We did lose some class players last season but Windass and Crooks rarely played together, we've got a better defence so in theory shouldn't need as many goals.

If I'm honest my main concern is what happens when the transfer window opens. Beckles and the Don are in great demand by Championship clubs - what happens if some decent money is offered for them. If we are mid-table at that point would you write off this season and sell them?

If some decent money comes in it will make a ******* change. Mid-table in Jan would be great also.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2016, 20:25   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Under FA rules a player can only sign for one club a season unless it's a free transfer so either way beckles would not be able to leave as for the don wasn't he signed on short term deal till January?
Thats what i understand to be the dons position until Jan?
Old 23-11-2016, 20:45   #63
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
And under new rules stopping a goal scoring opportunity is now only deemed a yellow card offence unless malice is shown, Hughes should not of been sent off
"Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity in the penalty area is no longer a straight red card - unless the offence is holding, pulling or pushing; there's no attempt to play or no possibility of making a challenge; or it's an offence which is punishable by a red card, no matter where on the pitch it happens - violent conduct, for example."
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 21:15   #64
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats what i understand to be the dons position until Jan?
Surely unless he resigns he won't play for us again
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 23:10   #65

Come on, keep up there at the back. The Don is with us until the end of the season! Hurrah.
baldy, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 08:26   #66
God Member

apart from crooks and windass going the problem this season for me is that the players seem to take it in turns to have off days. every game 2 or 3 seem to have off days then play well then another few don,t click. last season they rarely had an off day. when we get it together like at bradford we can beat anyone in this league home or away. its consistancy what,s needed not chopping and changing the side.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 09:36   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
apart from crooks and windass going the problem this season for me is that the players seem to take it in turns to have off days. every game 2 or 3 seem to have off days then play well then another few don,t click. last season they rarely had an off day. when we get it together like at bradford we can beat anyone in this league home or away. its consistancy what,s needed not chopping and changing the side.
I can agree about consistency is needed, but a couple to me have NEVER been consistent enough simple fact,
Old 24-11-2016, 14:39   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hughes has been successful and the card has been overturned demonstrating once again we have been sh1t on from a great height, must be related to Kettle that swine.
Old 24-11-2016, 15:37   #69
God Member

Good news that the card's been overturned but unfortunately the fact that it went a long way towards us losing points can't be altered - & you can bet your bottom dollar Mr.Clark won't be facing any questions about the incident
Outback Ozzy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 16:30   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hughes has been successful and the card has been overturned demonstrating once again we have been sh1t on from a great height, must be related to Kettle that swine.
Raises the question about whether Referees should be subject to disciplinary action for incompetence and for denying clubs points, (and extra revenue in cup matches), and if they should therefore receive bans, get fines etc!

Who'd be a referee eh?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 16:41   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Raises the question about whether Referees should be subject to disciplinary action for incompetence and for denying clubs points, (and extra revenue in cup matches), and if they should therefore receive bans, get fines etc!

Who'd be a referee eh?
No chance; it's more likely they'll impose a fine on us for criticizing the Ref's
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 18:06   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post

Who'd be a referee eh?
Nah that only happens to normal people in jobs.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 26-11-2016, 08:25   #73
God Member

Quote:
I can agree about consistency is needed, but a couple to me have NEVER been consistent enough simple fact,
one of em you,re thinking about has actually played better in some games this season its the ones who normally play well seem to be taking it in turns to have off days. for a start brown had a nightmare at hartlepools tuesday night and he,s one i like to see in the side plus shay seemed to be doing gray impersonations all night.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 08:49   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Both, i'm thinking about play very well in odd games, and i say so at the time, but for me consistency,comprises of more good than poor, and they fail miserably on that score.imho

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..